The ugliest shirts in the history of ever.

Let’s talk Ravens!

1. A quote from John Harbaugh, whose face, you recall, I hate.

He’s a tough guy. He had the broken nose. … I was glad we broke his nose,” Harbaugh said, drawing laughter from reporters. “And I was very impressed that he played through it. Obviously, you can throw very effectively with a broken nose. He proved that.”

Now Benny, upon hearing what Harbaugh said, let reporters know he wasn’t upset.

“I think it was taken out of context, if you ask me.”

Yeah, Benny. no. The context was not, “If our choices were to have glass bottles thrown at our heads or to break Ben’s nose, I was glad we broke his nose.” The context was, “Hee hee. I’m glad we broke his nose. Hee hee.”

2. I don’t like this. I prefer underdog status.

3. Terrell Suggs wore this design on a shirt while talking to the media recently.

Terrell says it wasn’t a message to Pittsburgh or anything.

“No, there ain’t no message,” he said after Wednesday’s practice. “They rep their city, and I’m repping mine. So here we go.”

4. Here are some other shirts that rep the city of Baltimore:

That’s a sacrilegious use of Calvin, by the way.

Which is weird, because I’ve known some morons stupider than a box of rocks.

Yes. Are they good drugs?

P.S. No I’m not linking to them! If you want those shirts, you need to find them yourself, you giant box of rocks.

1. Magnus Patris
    January 13, 2011 2:55 pm

Those shirts are available on:
    shittylookingshirtsdonebysecondgraders.com

My apologies to second graders who actually have more sense of graphic designs than the “designers” of these shirts do.

2. Me
    January 13, 2011 3:16 pm

Yeah, I agree with Magnus. My first response was, “that’s the best they could do???”

3. Scott
    January 13, 2011 3:24 pm

That’s the lamest bunch of tshirts I’ve ever seen. I’ll take my Tomlin “Believe” shirt over any of those.

Bring ’em on. Enough of this weak fear-laden talk about the Ravens.

4. Burgh_In_DC
    January 13, 2011 3:51 pm

Missed the best part of the story- the Steelers’ reaction:

“A bird giving the bird? What can you expect from those guys…” (Farrior)

“I don’t think enough about the Baltimore Ravens to make a shirt about them.” (Clark)

“Both players say the unsportsmanlike style is something they would never showcase and something the Rooneys would never allow among the ranks of the Black and Gold.”

Basically the difference between you and us, B’more.

5. bluzdude
    January 13, 2011 3:57 pm

Ravens fans are among the least knowledgeable and thin-skinned fans I’ve ever encountered. The things I’ve heard people in their stadium say would make Darwin rethink his position. and take my word for it… those shirts are the best they can do.

6. plexxer
    January 13, 2011 4:07 pm

“you giant box of rocks.” – Can I get THIS on a Tee shirt? =)

7. Joe
    January 13, 2011 4:08 pm

Being stuck here in the land of the Baltimore Pigeons, I am constantly in awe at their obsession with the Steelers. They care more about us losing then them winning. I just don’t get it. I think we have ruined their tea party so many times they have become as mad as Johnny Depp.

8. Goob
    January 13, 2011 4:16 pm

The good folks of Charm City are probably just grumpy about their flag, is all.

9. houndogg
    January 13, 2011 4:18 pm

love, love, love the steelers… but… that “football evolutionary scale” shirt is pretty funny, i don’t care who you root for. LMAO!

10. Butcher's Dog
    January 13, 2011 4:19 pm

I’m actually more worried that their qb looks like Schyler (sp?), the guy from “Heroes” who ate brains ‘n ‘at. He was mega bad guy for the one season I could follow what was happening on the show, so he could have ended up being good. But I doubt it. Anyone see it through to the end that can enlighten me? Bad-guy-brain-eater for a qb.

I’d rather be the underdog, too, by the way. Prolly ’cause that’s how I’ve lived most of my life!

11. RPJ
    January 13, 2011 4:29 pm

Although t-shirt graphics are not quite as sophisticated as standard ink blot tests, one can still infer with a degree of certainty that during great evolution experiments, the Balt. Birdie fans were all assigned to the control group.

12. Erin
    January 13, 2011 4:46 pm

I hate the Ravens, obv, but would give credit if there was a good T-shirt. Those shirts are horrible! I don’t even understand what the father/son one is saying??

13. Laura
    January 13, 2011 5:00 pm

@Erin–Glad I’m not the only one. I read it 10 times and I still don’t get it.

My mom is from Baltimore, but luckily she converted to a Steelers fan a long time ago. However, her five siblings and their families (i.e. my cousins, aunts, and uncles) are all Ravens fans. Some are cool and we can talk about how it’s a great rivalry, etc., but others will not speak to us for weeks if the Ravens lose.

14. AngryMongo
    January 13, 2011 5:08 pm

Damn me and my inevitable loss of free time. I haven’t been able to respond to Suggs with my own stuff. I was going to rework my old Chad Johnson/Twitter shirt but haven’t had time with the new job.

15. Beth
    January 13, 2011 5:15 pm

@Butcher’s Dog: (and completely off-topic) Sylar continued to struggle with his demons throughout the show. If I remember correctly, when it got cancelled, he was a good guy (or at least he was trying…gotta give a guy props, I guess). This is after he’d killed Nathan and took over his body. I loved that show, but now that I talk about it, I can see how weird it was. That said, I was still pissed when they cancelled it.

Also, go Steelers!! Here’s a classy shirt for you:

January 13, 2011 5:41 pm

how many cauldrons do you ever see that come with their own chimney?

17. Cassie
    January 13, 2011 5:55 pm

Boy that’s a level of creativity I’ve never seen before. I didn’t think it existed – but there you go.

January 13, 2011 6:58 pm

The hand on Mr. Suggs’ (there he goes, pissing me off again, I’m beginning to understand why people hate the Ravens) shirt is the copyrighted AND trademarked outline of the Great State of West Virginia, Wild and Wonderful, Montani Semper Liberi, and he shall be getting a cease and desist from the state attorney general’s office as soon as I report this infringement.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Regards,

Mountaineers

19. lilkirbs
    January 13, 2011 8:42 pm

ohh! the one with the gun to the head is classy, no? THUGS!

20. PensAreYourDaddy
    January 13, 2011 11:28 pm

It’s good to know that the jealousy and insecurity normally attributed to Caps fans spills over to their neighbors to the north.

21. USCMike
    January 14, 2011 12:31 am

After seeing all of these T-shirts, one thing that won’t be associated with the Dirty Birds is the word ‘class’, but when you have folks like Suggs and Ray Lewis leading your team, you can’t expect anything more intelligent than the proverbial box of rocks…

Go Steelers! Bring down the sledgehammer on that box of rocks and send them home as pebbles!

22. Tony
    January 14, 2011 5:30 am

One of my cousins lives in Baltimore and is a Raven’s season ticket holder. A couple years ago when they were visiting they told my family that she and her husband like to go to one away game each season. So my mom asked if they would be coming up to Pittsburgh anytime for a game. My cousin and her husband responded that it wasn’t likely because they don’t like the things that Steelers fans yell at the Raven’s and their fans when the Raven’s play here……I just sorta chuckled because I’m sure they love it when the Steelers play in Baltimore and their fans get to unload on us.

23. Aileen
    January 14, 2011 7:33 am

All I know is that Bishop Zubik is NOT going to be wearing a Ravens uniform during the AFC Championship game. Further, I hope the leader of the Baltimore Diocese knows where to buy the Steeler outfit is going to be wearing for the next few weeks. May I suggest a Polamalu, Archbishop O’Brien?

24. #1 WI Steeler Fan
    January 14, 2011 8:14 am

I will steal this response from another site- but to Sugg’s shirt- “We’ve got a ring for that finger…. oh, and five other ones too!”

25. Dan (Not Onorato)
    January 14, 2011 9:17 am

*YAWN* What else you got Baltimore?

Isnt Baltimore yiddish for “Giant box of rocks”

26. Butcher's Dog
    January 14, 2011 9:58 am

@Beth: Thanks! I followed it religiously for the first year, missed about four episodes early in year 2 because of an extended trip, and was hopelessly lost upon returning. I thought it was a “limited run” concept from the start, though, like five seasons (two of which were in the same year).

It’s on topic because Flaccid, the qb, looks like Skyler, esp. with his helmet on.

27. Beth
    January 14, 2011 12:12 pm

@Butcher’s…you’re probably right about the limited run thing. I mean, how many times can you time travel back and fix shit? I started watching season 1 on Netflix just out of curiousity and got hooked. Never missed another episode.

28. LaReina
    January 14, 2011 2:33 pm

Baltimore has Duff Goldman. There’s just no excuse for that.

29. PensAreYourDaddy
    January 14, 2011 2:39 pm

Isn’t Duff a Pittsburgh fan? Saw him tailgating at the Winter Classic wearing a Pens jersey.

30. Ben
    January 14, 2011 3:44 pm

Question regarding the Santa shirt: Why is there a chimney attached to a Kettle? Just wondering….oh wait, I know. That is a Baltimore house! Duh, me.

31. AngryMongo
    January 15, 2011 2:30 am

And what marketing genius decided that Ray Lewis was a better spokesman for Old Spice than Isaiah Mustafa? He should be drawn and quartered for that business decision.

32. toni
    January 15, 2011 11:33 am

i think suggs should be fined…that is unsportsmanlike as a paid professional…where’s the commish stand on this?

33. Cathy
    January 15, 2011 9:09 pm

All I have to say is “ravens can talk all they want they need to come ready to play FOOTBALL” Which they didn’t :-) yeah go Steelers!!

34. Matt DC
    January 17, 2011 8:52 pm

Baltimore’s obsession with the Steelers is like Washington’s obsession with the Penguins. They can’t be happy just to watch both of their teams mop up the league. They’re very unhappy fans. By the way, most of those T Shirts are pretty lame.