Cinco Ocho, baybee-o

(pic courtesy of The Knitting Lady via Pens Through My Lens)

On Twitter, Penguin Mike Rupp has started a campaign to have fans begin referring to Kris Sexhair Letang as “Cinco Ocho,” taking a page from one of the most annoying athletes since Mayan ballgame times, Tom Brady. KIDDING. Chad Ochocinco.

I like it.

Know what else I like?

Kris Letang shirtless. Holding a shark.

I swear on my Kindle that link is not a RickRoll.

Neither is this: Kris Letang’s bare quad. Or this: Woah.

I do declare.

1. CrashJK
    January 18, 2011 12:31 pm

We don’t need silly nick names…WE NEED MALKIN TO ACT LIKE A 8.7 Million dollar center and SCORE…and SCORE …and SCORE some more !!!!!!!!!!

PS – Tanger rawks…love his game…keep it up 58.

Let’s Go PENS…the evil empire from the Western Conference is in town night…vanquish them !

2. LuAnn
    January 18, 2011 12:43 pm

IDK… I think “cinq huit” would be more appropriate.

3. burgher-licious
    January 18, 2011 1:16 pm

Any chance we can get a statue of Letang’s shirtless bod next to Mario at the Consol? At another entrance perhaps? In the Ladies Room? ANYWHERE???????

4. Cassie
    January 18, 2011 1:23 pm

I’m SO with CrashJK. C’mon Malkin! We don’t expect you to be as good as Crosby, but be in the same ballpark…or state…or COUNTRY.

And I’m also with LuAnn. I think the french form would be more appropriate…and equally sexy.

5. CrashJK
    January 18, 2011 2:08 pm

Finally… how about a HUGE MOJO HUG to Sidney Crosby…a That’s Church cyber Get Well wish…Lord, I miss 87 on the ice…

Mojo sent Bing

January 18, 2011 2:10 pm

cinco ocho?

no no.

7. AngryMongo
    January 18, 2011 2:12 pm

ahem…
    Cinquante-huit

or if you must use Spanish…
    Cincuenta y ocho

Don’t be like Chad Johnson who is Eight Five.
    That whole mess is just as bad as adding an S to Steeler Nation.

8. JenEngland
    January 18, 2011 2:37 pm

Mrow! Legs… That’s all I heard.

9. LaReina
    January 18, 2011 3:39 pm

Agreed, AngryMongo. How hard is it to use the proper terminology?

10. Pensgirl
    January 18, 2011 4:46 pm

What LuAnn said. (Given that Rupp is so very obviously kidding, no reason to go and use the proper form.)

11. Beth
    January 18, 2011 9:07 pm

Kris came to my 9 yr old daughter’s school before Christmas and she is now smitten.

12. AnneK
    January 18, 2011 9:14 pm

Thank you for sharing. nom nom nom

13. Sean
    January 18, 2011 10:13 pm

Why does he have a mullet in that photoset on flickr? You should sue.

14. PensAreYourDaddy
    January 20, 2011 12:45 am

I posted this picture (taken by The Knitting Lady, I think) of Tanger back in October ’09 – http://www.flickr.com/photos/millerm66/4047944292/in/set-72157622545078787/ – referring to him as Kris “Norris Trophy” Letang. Hey, it’s no Cinco Ocho, but I like it. I had every belief that one day he would contend for that honor, but it’s amazing to see it happen so soon.

And here’s another one of my favorite pics of Kris from the recent game against the Wild – http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/X02oVpXrrTFznogaMJ51XQ?feat=directlink