I like my baristas snarky

Just wanted to share the teaser trailer for the new Pittsburgh-based and filmed web series by Justin Kownacki, The Baristas.

I am supremely excited for this to start and I have PERSONALLY begged Justin to enable closed captioning on the series once it launches, so I won’t miss a single snarky thing.

Check it out.

I most look forward to whatever episode it is that includes the scene at :40.

In addition, I hope girl at :31 and boy at :33 fall in love, because that would be awesome.

Unless she’s a lesbian, then I hope she falls in love with girl at :20.

I might be a hopeless romantic. I could watch a video of squirrels and be all, “Gosh, I hope squirrel at :40 saves the biggest acorn for squirrel at :55 and sweeps her off her feet.”

1. Dan
    January 20, 2011 2:24 pm

I really think that the best reality tv series would be peoples everyday shenannigans at work while their bosses aren’t looking.

January 20, 2011 2:59 pm

+1 on the closed captioning.

Wait … is that YOU waving at :13?

3. mitch
    January 20, 2011 3:13 pm

sometimes i wish somebody would put Justin Kownacki on a boat and set him out to sea. lord knows he’d never get lonely – he has himself to blabber endlessly to.

4. spoon
    January 20, 2011 4:06 pm

its like Cheers but without the alcohol

5. lipreadergalore
    January 20, 2011 4:58 pm

Ooh, if this is captioned, I’d watch and get all my deaf friends to watch too – even the ones who don’t live in Pittsburgh. We miss out on so much online that to have something like this — let alone a show that actually looks funny! — would be huge!!

P.S. Did I mention that I’m a journalist? I can help get the word out…

6. ~ Anna
    January 20, 2011 8:58 pm

Familiar faces from STBD, too – can’t wait! Must watch!

7. Tea Drinker
    January 21, 2011 9:14 am

Yeah, the show’s okay, but the coffee shop where it’s filmed is great! It’s called Affogato and is owned and operated by a young woman named Victoria. The coffee is wonderful, she makes homemade soups and paninis every day, and the weekend pancake bar is to die for! Find your way to Bellevue and try it out. (a very satisfied regular)

8. Justin Kownacki
    January 21, 2011 10:57 am

For the record, I can tell you that…

… the girl at 0:30 (Dierdre) and the boy at 0:33 (Chase) may or may not have a thing going on.

… the girl at 0:20 (Astrid) is [unhappily] dating the boy at 0:12 (Sam).

… and whatever happens at 0:40 happens in the very first episode, so you won’t have to wait long.

Also, Mitch: I’ll be happy to take you with me out on that boat so you can help me find my inner peace, since you obviously have some to share.

9. Craig
    January 21, 2011 11:29 am

Looks like the reincarnation of the wonderful STBD webisodes, I can’t wait for this.

10. Rob