Remainders

Now, listen you guys. I know there is a big bunch of you that aren’t sports fan, so I want to apologize in advance that my blog is going to be very sporty until on or about February 8.

But never fret. I promise to put some non-sports stuff up, too, but bear with me because as a member of Steeler Nation, I too will be gripped with excitement as we lead up to the big game.

As it is, some things I forgot to mention in WTRT, and some things since.

1. I forgot these:

Hee.

I’m not going to lie. When they showed Santonio sitting on the sidelines moping, I paused the DVR just so I could laugh maniacally in his face. Literal maniacal laughter. Straightjacket laughter.

That whah-whah-whah sound you hear is the Karma Boomerang circling around for me.

Worth it.

2. The new Yinz Luv Da Stillers is up and is fantastic.

I love Jim’s reporter personality. So inquisitive and deliberate.

YouTube Preview Image

Also, note that Jim is looking for votes on the Bat-Bat Cam versus the Roethliswiener as the Super Bowl good luck charm.

I beg you to vote Bat-Bat Cam only because I think Roethliswiener is what Benny calls his penis and that can’t be good luck at all.

3. Just a reminder to you not to get worked up when you see the Green Bay Title Towels.

Yes, they’re yellow, but they’re nothing new.

They’ve been around since 1997.

4.  The Steeler Nation argument has been put to rest because while OFFICIALLY the Steelers organization has to use Steelers Nation because of their branding, during the trophy presentation Art Rooney, Franco Harris and Mike Tomlin all said Steeler Nation.

We’re done talking about this.

Except to say that clearly the Post-Gazette can’t make up its mind.

5. Reader Lucy found this awesome video of some Bahamians seeing Heinz Field for the first time.

It’s an immediate smile-bringer:

6. Random: I sent out a tweet three hours ago with a grammatical error and it’s STILL BUGGING ME.

7. Having yet to lay eyes on the face of that random dude named Brown, I went hunting. Google did not disappoint.

Somewhere, Brooks Orpik is all, “Dude has crazy eyes.”

But I kept looking:

He shall now be known as Smokin’ Hot Random Dude Named Brown.

It is so.

1. Pamela
    January 25, 2011 3:20 pm

Yeah so seriously? The people seeing Heinz for the first time? I’m literally sitting at my desk with huge tears. No where else but Pittsburgh. Love it!

2. Me
    January 25, 2011 3:30 pm

3. “They’ve been around since 1997.” Um, that still makes them new. And a huge rip off. Seriously, why can’t any team come up with their own thing? I mean they have cheeseheads, why do they need a towel? They could make spinning cheeseheads if they need something that moves.

5. They were so cute, I’ll even forgive them for thinking that they were coming in under the Allegheny river… ;)

6. I saw that…

7. He may have the second best smile on the Steelers.

3. BeauJacques
    January 25, 2011 3:41 pm

?? No Tom Brady cryin’ pics or vids? Pleez?? :-)

4. Burghbird
    January 25, 2011 3:43 pm

#7…. Somewhere, Brooks Orpik is all, “Dude has crazy eyes.”

Bwahahahahahahahaha! I love Brooks AND his crazy eyes.

5. Burghbird
    January 25, 2011 3:47 pm

For Super Bowl XLIII, I made up an “official diagnosis” so that I could beg forgiveness for slacking off at work. Steelers Playoff Distraction Disorder (SPDD). The American Psychiatric Association has yet to give it a DSM number.

6. Margaret
    January 25, 2011 4:13 pm

Brooks Orpik eyes!! Hilarious!

7. Aileen
    January 25, 2011 4:19 pm

Jim Shearer has a great Brooks Orpik shifty eyes graphic on his Yinz Luv Da ‘Guins. It’s hilarious.

8. Ali
    January 25, 2011 4:31 pm

That video just made my day!!

9. Christina
    January 25, 2011 4:47 pm

About the time until the Bowl that is Super:
    Well … I signed my email to the guy who does project management trainig at my office the next three days with GO STEELERS. *BLUSH*
    To my excuse: He is based in Dallas. When I see the word DALLAS like in his email signature -> I think SUPER BOWL -> I type automaticall GO STEELERS.
    My backbone does it – the brain is shut out. It’s called reflex ;)

It turned out the guy has humor and he agrees the Steelers should win. We are good.

So go ahead with the sports postings ;)

Jim’s YINZ LUV DA STILLERS is awesome (even a bit more awesome as usual). And yes – it is SO BAT-BAT. I told him so via Twitter. Makes us two votes already ;)

10. big chuck
    January 25, 2011 4:47 pm

that video was great, sometimes we take that view for granted…definatly made me smile and appreciate the view even more

11. Marcy
    January 25, 2011 4:52 pm

Smokin’ Hot Random Dude Named Brown indeed! Yowza!

12. Craig
    January 25, 2011 6:05 pm

We have Mecca! I love that. Every time I’m in town I break into this goofy smile. It’s the greatest place on Earth.

13. Craig
    January 25, 2011 6:06 pm

The APA number for SPDD has got to be 777.77.

14. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    January 25, 2011 6:10 pm

I’m not sure how much work I’ll get finished over the next two weeks because all I really want to do is scour the internet for Super Bowl XLV articles.

2. Yinz Luv was fantastic. I voted for Bat-Bat cam.

6. That grammatical error would bug the hell out of me, too!

15. CarolineFB
    January 25, 2011 6:53 pm

I may not be a sports fan, but I am a humor fan. :D

16. Kortney
    January 25, 2011 7:10 pm

6. Your tweet has been bugging me all day, ‘to.’ Get your shit together! I kid. But really, your tweet has been bugging me.

17. Kathy
    January 25, 2011 7:12 pm

ditto with CarolineFB.

I’m supposed to root for the Steelers because that is my friend’s team (I don’t have one). But every professional team I’ve rooted for has failed this year (meaning 2010-2011, not 2011)… remember that burning Pirates bandwagon? yeah, I was so there…. does your Dad have room in his undisclosed location?

18. AngryMongo
    January 25, 2011 7:36 pm

Yet I ask again…. If you are saying that Mike Tomlin is the coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers do you say that Some Random Dude Named Brown is a Steelers or is he a Steeler…?

19. Dandi
    January 25, 2011 8:43 pm

First the first time Heinz Field was like the double rainbow. Second, the Brooks Orpik line made me laugh so hard. I thought I was the only one who noticed that with Brooks!

20. FireMom
    January 25, 2011 10:37 pm

Smokin’ is right. Holy snot.

And that video? I think that was my husband’s exact reaction the first trip thru the tunnels. In fact, I think he still gets like that. ;)

21. Burgh Bird
    January 25, 2011 11:02 pm

Finally had a chance to watch the video. VisitPittsburgh should totally use that in promo materials.

22. facie
    January 25, 2011 11:36 pm

Sometime I cheer when I drive through the Fort Pitt Tunnel, particularly after a flight back to the Burgh. I pretty much always break into a grin.

I smiled a little when I saw Santonio sitting there all sad after the game. But then I felt bad. I also felt a little sorry for Rex Ryan. And the week before I actually felt the teeniest bit bad for Bellicheat and Tom BradyBieber. What is wrong with me?!!

January 26, 2011 1:58 am

Jesus, I’m going to have to go take a walk for two weeks.

24. AngryMongo
    January 26, 2011 8:47 am

Finally watched the video. LOL.

“This the tunnel goes under one of the three rivers, the Allegheny, until I’m told otherwise by Wikipedia.”

25. Butcher's Dog
    January 26, 2011 10:26 am

If there absolutely MUST be non-sports postings in the next two weeks or so, could at least some of them feature smokin’ hot young women? In, like, some kind of wet-t-shirts-for-charity competition? We still have multiple Steely McBeam pix to erase from backs of eyeballs, ya know.

26. spoon
    January 26, 2011 10:36 am

I want to hear the Bahamians try to say Monongahela.

27. AngryMongo
    January 26, 2011 10:48 am

@Butcher’s Dog

Wasn’t Steely just arrested for polishing his beam in the parking lot of the Mt. Pleasant Walmart?

28. Butcher's Dog
    January 26, 2011 1:00 pm

@AngryMongo: Steely polishing his beam anywhere…the very LAST thing I want flashing in front of my eyes before I drop off to sleep.

29. #1 WI Steeler Fan
    January 26, 2011 5:48 pm

Ginny- if you could just find a picture of Antonio and Mike Wallace together- that would certainly make the day of many of the female fans.

30. Burgh is the Word
    January 27, 2011 11:10 pm

As I said ‘Steeler Nation’