Now, listen you guys. I know there is a big bunch of you that aren’t sports fan, so I want to apologize in advance that my blog is going to be very sporty until on or about February 8.
But never fret. I promise to put some non-sports stuff up, too, but bear with me because as a member of Steeler Nation, I too will be gripped with excitement as we lead up to the big game.
As it is, some things I forgot to mention in WTRT, and some things since.
1. I forgot these:
I’m not going to lie. When they showed Santonio sitting on the sidelines moping, I paused the DVR just so I could laugh maniacally in his face. Literal maniacal laughter. Straightjacket laughter.
That whah-whah-whah sound you hear is the Karma Boomerang circling around for me.
2. The new Yinz Luv Da Stillers is up and is fantastic.
I love Jim’s reporter personality. So inquisitive and deliberate.
Also, note that Jim is looking for votes on the Bat-Bat Cam versus the Roethliswiener as the Super Bowl good luck charm.
I beg you to vote Bat-Bat Cam only because I think Roethliswiener is what Benny calls his penis and that can’t be good luck at all.
3. Just a reminder to you not to get worked up when you see the Green Bay Title Towels.
Yes, they’re yellow, but they’re nothing new.
They’ve been around since 1997.
4. The Steeler Nation argument has been put to rest because while OFFICIALLY the Steelers organization has to use Steelers Nation because of their branding, during the trophy presentation Art Rooney, Franco Harris and Mike Tomlin all said Steeler Nation.
We’re done talking about this.
Except to say that clearly the Post-Gazette can’t make up its mind.
5. Reader Lucy found this awesome video of some Bahamians seeing Heinz Field for the first time.
It’s an immediate smile-bringer:
6. Random: I sent out a tweet three hours ago with a grammatical error and it’s STILL BUGGING ME.
7. Having yet to lay eyes on the face of that random dude named Brown, I went hunting. Google did not disappoint.
Somewhere, Brooks Orpik is all, “Dude has crazy eyes.”
But I kept looking:
He shall now be known as Smokin’ Hot Random Dude Named Brown.
It is so.