Nobody is wrong. Everyone is right.

I give up.

Even the Steelers are confused.

Official email from the Steelers:

But the subject line of the email?

Let’s quit arguing about this because even the Steelers are confused as hell.

Let’s talk about more important matters. Like black and gold versus black and yellow.

KABOOM!

(h/t Nancy)

1. CrashJK
    January 28, 2011 11:36 am

LET’S GO PENS….

IN SHERO WE TRUST…

that was easy….

2. AngryMongo
    January 28, 2011 11:36 am

How does Dan Quayle say it. That’s my gold standard…

3. Margaret
    January 28, 2011 11:39 am

I’m not bugged so much by the Steeler/Steelers Nation thing as I am by the black and YELLOW crap. WTH??!! That’s just wrong.

January 28, 2011 11:47 am

I heard “Kaboom” kinda sucks. The movie, not the Billy Mays supercleaner stuff.

January 28, 2011 11:49 am

They left the ‘ out of McDonald’s too.

6. tw
    January 28, 2011 12:11 pm

This doesn’t surprise me…on the official Steelers facebook page they always use Steelers Nation. Must be their pr or techy person.

7. CrashJK
    January 28, 2011 12:12 pm

Who’s paying for the pep rally tonight ? Someone has to be paying the Heinz Field staff to work this thing, right ??? I would hope Allegheny County and the Stadium Authority don’t have to foot the bill…just sayin….

8. Pa-pop
    January 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Jeff Karstens from the Buc pitching staff was in Youngstown yesterday with the Pirate Caravan. He was quoted in this morning’s Vindicator saying this: “We have one goal to get to the World Series and get the Steelers Nation fan base to PNC Park.”

Heh. Hee hee. Hee hee hee! Hee hee ha ha ha!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HA!!!! HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW [snort] HOO HOO HAW HAW HAW!!!!! HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!!!!!! HOOOOO-boy … Phew!

BTW, I printed it exactly as he is alleged to have said it, “s” and all.

9. Noelle
    January 28, 2011 12:22 pm

Ginny, as per your Charmin tweet: I got a free sample that was emblazoned with “Kotex – the best care for down there”. However, I can’t find it on line so maybe they scrapped it.

10. #1 WI Steeler Fan
    January 28, 2011 1:03 pm

I actually watched the video for Black and Yellow and I have to say that there is no way I would want that to represent my team or my favorite city.
    It is black and gold- always has been and always will be. And that’s church.

January 28, 2011 1:32 pm

blackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellow

12. Michael
    January 28, 2011 1:38 pm

Black and Yellow? That is just plain dumb. It has always been Black and Gold! Black and Yellow= BAD LUCK!

13. Burgh Baby
    January 28, 2011 1:55 pm

I’m still pissed Styx sang, “Hangman is coming from the gallows” instead of “Polomalu is coming from the gallows.” Don’t even start with that yellow vs. gold nonsense.

14. Julia
    January 28, 2011 2:25 pm

I don’t get why people are getting so up in arms about Black and Yellow vs. Black and Gold. The song wasn’t written for the Steelers, it was just kind of unofficially adopted a few weeks ago as one of the signature songs that’s meant to capture the Steeler spirit. Like the Renegade song. There are so many more important things to complain about!

15. Burghbird
    January 28, 2011 3:06 pm

Noelle- Can’t remember which feminine hygeine company used the slogan “Have a happy…..” Really? Seriously, REALLY?

And I second the confusion over Charmin’s slogan. That’s just freaky. And it really bothers me deep down to see that bear with the toilet paper fuzz on his nether region.

16. spoon
    January 28, 2011 3:08 pm

more importantly, Joe Beimel is back with the Bucs!

January 28, 2011 4:46 pm

black and gold vs blackandyellow.

is that what they’re arguing about over in egypt?

18. windy city steel city
    January 28, 2011 6:02 pm

its “I bleed Black and Gold” although the colors are black and yellow.

January 31, 2011 11:42 am

is that what they’re arguing about over in egypt?

They’re arguing about whether we should pay $3.15 a gallon or $15.30.