Bootylicious.

From the Dallas Morning News’ online edition. Hold on to your dollah dollah bills.

It didn’t take long for the Pittsburgh Steelers to sample some of the adult entertainment Dallas has to offer.

Late Monday night, hours after they arrived here, Hines Ward, Ike Taylor and several other members of the Pittsburgh Steelers kicked it at Dallas Gentlemen’s Club on Northwest Highway in Dallas.

When Ward and his teammates entered the club, super hot dancers converged on them. They spent a few minutes in the VIP at the back of the club. But as the music pumped and the bootylicious women strode across the four stages, the Steelers huddled in the front corner of the club for closer looks.

Ward, wearing a plaid shirt and jeans, danced with a couple of strippers. At one point, he tossed out dollars as various hotties gave him lap dances. Other Steelers joined him in the fun.

At one point, near midnight, the Steelers, including huge linemen, appeared on the main stage. There they posed and danced with an assortment of strippers. After all, it was “make it rain Monday” at the club. And some of the players certainly made it rain with their dollar bills.

Thoughts:

1.  Confronted with this report today at media day, Hines denied it. Do with that what you will.

2. This reporter was paid to go to a strip club. Great work if you can get it, I suppose.

3. This reporter just used the words “bootylicious” and “super hot.” I wonder if the Dallas Morning News’ coverage of the State of the Union address included things like, “Obama got down wit it” or “the bomb diggity Speaker of the House” or “all them congressional bitches and hos.”

4. If you caught this on your reader feed, you may have read an earlier, more PMStic version of this post. The Midol kicked in.

(Edit: I was pressured to post the other version in the comments. You can go read it there.)

1. Pa-pop
    February 1, 2011 4:49 pm

If Gene Collier had been there from the Post-Gazette, he would have reported the dancers were “vulpine.”

2. Lee
    February 1, 2011 4:57 pm

Is it okay if I kind of want to read the “earlier, more PMStic version of this post?”

I liked the ‘huge linemen’ reference. Which basically means, ‘other guys I think are Steelers since they’re really big guys but I have no actual idea who they are…so we’ll go with huge linemen.’

3. mamabear
    February 1, 2011 5:06 pm

Oh yes, PMStic version please.

4. Virginia
    February 1, 2011 5:15 pm

Oh, no. You don’t want to read it. It was very PMStic.

It included things like “lap dance her way to a better tomorrow and God bless America and I believe the children are our future and amber waves of grain. Or something.”

5. Suburban Nor'Side Girl
    February 1, 2011 5:17 pm

Oh, NOW I definitely want to read it. Post it, Virginia! Post it, please!!

6. Aileen
    February 1, 2011 5:19 pm

Was Ben there? If not, I hope Peter King goes running to Roger Goodell and gets his reaction.

Goodell: “I interviewed plenty of strippers before Peter, and not one of them came to Ben’s defense.”

7. Lee
    February 1, 2011 5:22 pm

Two things:
    1) I don’t think you squashed the desire to read the PMStic version, I think you made everyone really, really want to read it! You can’t tease us with the phrases PMStic and lap dance her way to a better tomorrow!

2) @Aileen — bahahahaha!!!!

8. Virginia
    February 1, 2011 5:25 pm

You were warned. VERY PMStic. After I published it, I was all, “Yeah. No.”

This was originally point number 4:

I understand that I’m supposed to be all, “This is 2011 and I am woman and hear me roar and as a woman, I must find nothing wrong with another woman embracing her enticing body and using it to empower herself and get naked for rich men in an effort to support herself and feed herself and lap dance her way to a better tomorrow and God bless America and I believe the children are our future and amber waves of grain.” Or something.

But really? I’m all, “This is 2011. The age of the camera phone and the internet and the immediate dissemination of all information savory and unsavory. I am astounded that these athletes don’t see anything wrong with patronizing a strip club while visiting a city crawling with media just itching to find a story that can paint the Steelers organization as a bunch of debauched depraved dirty thugs who don’t deserve another Lombardi on account of all the skeeviness. Was there nothing else to do in Dallas? Is it THAT acceptable these days to celebrate playing in a championship game for what should be the greatest professional sports team in the world by throwing a stack of hundred dollar bills into the air of a strip club knowing full well the next day twitter would be awash with news tweets that say, ‘Steelers make it rain at Dallas strip club’ and boys reading ESPN.com will ask, ‘What’s a stripper and what does bootylicious mean, Mom?’

I am woman. I am mother. I am wife. Hear me roar.”

9. CMA
    February 1, 2011 5:30 pm

Version 1…A+ Thank you for caving to the pressure! :)

10. AJM
    February 1, 2011 5:33 pm

I caught the PMStastic version and loved it! Bravo, Ginny.

11. mamabear
    February 1, 2011 5:34 pm

Oh yes, PMStic version MUCH better. You said what I was thinking, anyway. Without PMS. What does that say about me? Hmmmm.

12. Butcher's Dog
    February 1, 2011 5:35 pm

Anyone else wondering if this club happens to be a major advertiser for Dallas Morning News? This was hardly objective journalism as written; it’s more like a promo for the club.

Also, Virginia makes a great point. This is the age of the camera phone. So, if this really happened, where are the pictures? Absence of pictures makes me even more suspicious about the whole deal. And don’t even try to get me to believe that anyone with pix isn’t going to find a market for them.

13. cityworker
    February 1, 2011 5:38 pm

i read the pms version and let’s just say if i were your husband i would know your schedule by heart for my own well-being.

14. Virginia
    February 1, 2011 5:42 pm

Butcher’s Dog,

There are people on twitter who claim to have seen pics, but none posted yet. I guess time will tell.

15. Lee
    February 1, 2011 5:45 pm

LOVE it! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

And, completely agree with your initial thought — that sort of ‘why, why, why did our boys have to go to the strip club’ thought. I get it.

Oh, and, “a city crawling with media just itching to find a story that can paint the Steelers organization as a bunch of debauched depraved dirty thugs who don’t deserve another Lombardi on account of all the skeeviness” … WORD.

16. Scott
    February 1, 2011 5:49 pm

Hypocrite….ooops, did I say that out loud?

17. bluzdude
    February 1, 2011 5:50 pm

Maybe they thought it was like the “Strip District” and got confused.

18. Joe K.
    February 1, 2011 5:50 pm

Is this a real story? It just looks like some guy’s blog. I don’t see anything on a real news site about it. Remember, WTAE was *sure* Pitt was hiring Tom Bradley. I agree with Butcher’s Dog, pics or it didn’t happen.

19. elysianfantasy
    February 1, 2011 6:25 pm

And this is supposed to be news, if it is actually true? I mean, it’s not like athletes NEVER go to strip clubs or gamble or drink or do anything other than play football and pray. SMH

On several positive notes: 1) No mention of Benny being in attendance! 2) No bootylicious babes were harmed! 3) If it did happen, it wasn’t the night before the game! :P

I guess the point I’m trying to make is that sure, while the Steelers are an organization that holds its team members to a high standard, if this event actually occurred, it’s not uncommon and if people get their panties all in a bunch about it they’re hypocrites any way you slice it.

20. AngryMongo
    February 1, 2011 6:25 pm

When The Steelers went to New Orleans for Super Bowl IX, Noll told the players, “Go out. Have Monday night. Get this town out of your system.”

The rest of the week they focused on the game. Well, mostly. Dwight White was in the hospital from pneumonia.

Was it the best place to go? No.
    Was it illegal? No.

Then again, we don’t know what ACTUALLY happened at the club. It could have been very reserved… considering the venue.

Pictures or it never happened.

21. AngryMongo
    February 1, 2011 6:27 pm

Remember two things.

This guy fooled some people, too.

This is Dallas, a place that inherently will hate on Pittsburgh.

22. Sooska
    February 1, 2011 6:38 pm

“Journalists” have already lied a couple of times in the last few weeeks about Pittsburgh athletes; why is this not assumed to be a lie also?

A couple weeks ago there were a couple of cases of media types of various stripes lying about Sid and the ASG, and then Sid and Geno conspiring against the NHL. (if only.)

Yesterday, it was Peter King who has since corrected his “assumption” because Roger Goodell had already used the word “Steelers” in a previous reply so King thought he’d just presume to tack it on to Goodell’s answer about the players he talked to. Some excuse, eh?

Will Shakespeare said it best ‘Much Ado About Nothing”

23. The Maestro
    February 1, 2011 6:54 pm

Where was Ben? Out cruising the high schools?

24. tw
    February 1, 2011 7:14 pm

This is just typical pre-Super Bowl activity. I remember reading about the Super Bowl last year and they were saying how strip clubs are such a hot venue that they actually get women flown in from places like Vegas, etc. b/c there is so much profit to be had…no kidding. And I believe last year (was it Miami or something?) was already a big place for clubs and they still needed more!?!

Steelers definitely are not starting a new trend…it’s a tried and true Super Bowl ritual.

25. Me
    February 1, 2011 7:22 pm

I want to see pictures just to see if it’s true that Hines, who is a pretty dapper dresser, would head out for a night on the town in a plaid shirt.

26. astroidb612
    February 1, 2011 7:35 pm

I’m post-ms, and i think the original is spot-freakin’-on.

27. cmd_45
    February 1, 2011 8:13 pm

How much you want to bet there were Packers at a “Gentlemen’s Club” last night? Or Bengals, or Patriots, or 49ers, or Rams or Ravens (no, wait, they are probably gangbanging)? This isn’t even newsworthy.

28. john
    February 1, 2011 9:14 pm

from the Trib…

Gorman: Steelers go with ‘Flo’

February 1, 2011 9:16 pm

Police watch for sex trafficking ahead of big game

Associated Press
    ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) … As thousands of football fans descend on Texas for Sunday’s Super Bowl, law enforcement agencies are keeping watch for a different kind of out-of-town visitor: pimps selling children for sex.

Cities that host the big game often attract a bustling sex trade. This year, Texas authorities and advocacy groups are stepping up their anti-prostitution efforts, especially where young girls are concerned.

“Most people don’t know that our children are being brutalized this way, and we have to stop it,” said Deena Graves, founder of Traffick911, a Texas organization that launched the “I’m Not Buying It” campaign for Super Bowl XLV. “We need to get mad. We need to get angry about what’s happening to our kids right here.”

Wonder what the Vegas odds are on Benny escaping his babysitters this week.

30. jen a
    February 1, 2011 9:57 pm

Of course, if the Steelers lose Sunday we’ll all point to this story and say–that’s why.

And I prefer the PMS version

31. BeauJacques
    February 1, 2011 11:12 pm

Oh? They didn’t go to the museum??

Who gives a fuck?

These are grown men with free will, not breaking any laws.

Step-off!

Control your own husbands!!

32. LucyLou
    February 2, 2011 12:15 am

I’m with BeauJacques….seriously who cares? They had fun on their first night in Dallas. It wasn’t the night before the Super Bowl. Let it go. Last time I checked, they didn’t claim to be saints on a church mission trip. They were guys being guys.

33. PittinDC
    February 2, 2011 12:46 am

@Me – I have to agree with you. Hines going out in a plaid shirt? That just doesn’t seem like it would be true at all!!

34. Heather
    February 2, 2011 12:53 am

If true, it was definitely stupid of them since they should know word would get out and it would make them look bad. DUH. So bad judgment maybe, but not criminal, not uncommon, and not particularly newsworthy.

I would like to see a pic of Hines dressed like a cowboy though.

35. BeauJacques
    February 2, 2011 7:15 am

#Lucy-

Thanks for filling the glaring void of other male readers who’ve obviously lost their testicles!

36. Amanda
    February 2, 2011 8:21 am

Yea, doesn’t bother me that they were there either. Everyone involved was consenting adults. Nothing mentioned was illegal. Not my thing, but to each his own I suppose.

37. Butcher's Dog
    February 2, 2011 8:42 am

Any pix yet? I’m thinking the “writer” got a couple free lap dances of his own for writing the blurb and getting the place some ink.

On a completely unrelated note, if the Groundhog didn’t come through (haven’t seen the results yet) they are reputed to taste like chicken. Just sayin’.

38. Bitter
    February 2, 2011 8:58 am

Yeah, people have free will and it’s not illegal. But if it is true? Yeah. Keep it classy, Steelers.

39. Jim
    February 2, 2011 9:35 am

Sorry, I just don’t see what the big deal is…though I think it’s lame he denied it (assuming it is true). Indict society, not the Steelers.

40. Jim
    February 2, 2011 10:40 am

Several thoughts.

First, who cares? It’s legal, it’s harmless, and if it happened, I’m betting Hines went along to be the wise man amongst the youngsters to prevent any GENUINE newsworthy events from happening.

Second, I lived in Dallas for 7 years, and can attest to the fact that if you MUST visit that type of establishment, the one they supposedly went to is the best choice in town. They have a dress code for entry, many large and serious bouncers, and it’s not a “seedy” place.

Lastly, Dallas and Pittsburgh (the cities) are so vastly different they may as well be polar opposites. While this may be shocking and somewhat newsworthy in da “burgh, in Big D, this report ranks right up there with the daily traffic and weather. It’s a non story.

41. Scott
    February 2, 2011 10:55 am

I agree with Lucy and Bojack…what’s the problem? No different than the Santonio Holmes penis worship that goes on here….including pictures.

Non story.

February 2, 2011 11:25 am

It’s legal, it’s harmless

Jim,

Unless Pacman Jones and Nelly are in the club and you happen to be Tommy Urbanski. (If Plaxico is in the club, he’s only a danger to himself.)

Hmmph. Seem to be a lot of guns in strip clubs when NFL players are around. Maybe there just tend to be a lot of guns in strip clubs, period. Might be a good reason to stay away.

43. It's Time!
    February 2, 2011 12:56 pm

Pics from the strip club? I bet our mayor has ’em. Or is in them!

44. Julia
    February 2, 2011 3:08 pm

I don’t see what the big deal about the strip club is either. To second the thoughts of previous comments, they’re grown men who are out on the town having a good time. In fact, I’ll go so far as to say I wouldn’t have cared if Ben was there, too. It has nothing to do with the game. Period.

45. Carpetbagger
    February 2, 2011 5:49 pm

What if they were just there to meet Jeff Reed?

46. YinzerInExile
    February 2, 2011 5:57 pm

The only “problem” I see with this is everyone getting all up in arms about a bunch of consenting adults at a strip club. Seriously. I don’t know where the Mayflower is docked, but godspeed getting back to it.

47. Jen
    February 2, 2011 7:45 pm

I think a lot of us seem to be saying the same thing. Yes, it’s legal, yes, these are young men and many young men do go to these clubs. But, REALLY? When you know the national spotlight is on you AND your team leader was accused TWICE of sexual assult, you think this is a good idea? Poor judgement to say the least. Could they not just wait 3 weeks and then go when it won’t be news?

48. Virginia
    February 2, 2011 7:48 pm

Jen, Exactly! Well put.

49. Scott
    February 2, 2011 10:52 pm

Jen,

Who says they even went? In this day and age, with nearly everyone carrying a phone with a camera, don’t you think some pictures would have surfaced by now? I’m pretty sure if a bunch of Steelers walked into any strip club anywhere in the country, numerous people in the place would be posting pictures to Facebook, Twitter, etc within seconds.

It is a b.s. story.