Licensed versus unlicensed

When you’re browsing online or in the Strip District and you find yourself lost in a sea of Steelers shirts that say everything from “If you ain’t a Steelers fan, you ain’t shit” to “Sixburgh”, it can be hard to determine which items are officially licensed by the NFL and which are not.

I’m here to help.

This is an example of an officially licensed NFL Steelers shirt:

This however is not:

Oh, if only this was a real game. It would be more effective than a stress ball.

“And this is for that 4th quarter interception!” BZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz … zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz … zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

(h/t to my sister Pens Fan for the pics she snagged of that shirt while we shopped at World of Values yesterday. We’re high-class broads, n’at.)

1. Pensgirl
    February 1, 2011 2:41 pm

Hercules tendon?

February 1, 2011 2:49 pm

hercules.

achilles.

to-MA-to.

to-MAH-to.

3. AngryMongo
    February 1, 2011 2:50 pm

Yeah I don’t know if that Hercules was intentional or if they really meant achilles. Perhaps an inside joke. Still, kind of funny.

I admit, I am endorsed by no organization in the stuff I do online. And sometimes I get a slap on the wrist in certain instances. The COPE shirt and my “70% of the Earth… Rest covered by Keisel’s Beard” got shot down on Zazzle.

I always wondered if the local joints like Cotton Factory or Believe Merch got some kind of approval. Even, The Keisel “Fear the Diesel” shirt is awesome, and he took the picture himself. I wonder if he had to give some authorization or have the NFL or Steelers sign off on it when it got made into a shirt?

4. Pensgirl
    February 1, 2011 2:55 pm

Oh well, it’s all Greek to me anyway. (rimshot)

5. gunnlino
    February 1, 2011 3:34 pm

Ha. She said rimshot !

February 1, 2011 3:36 pm

“Steelers shirts”

“Steelers fan”

Ergo …

Steelers Nation

That’s Church. I said, “THAT’S CHURCH!”

7. Me
    February 1, 2011 4:09 pm

Bucdaddy, let it go… ;)

8. Butcher's Dog
    February 1, 2011 5:28 pm

@bucdaddy: seriously. If you can’t work something up for Sunday evening by way of energy, focus (get Ginny’s husband to say that for you several times) on the Pens-Caps on NBC at 12:30 that day. Watch to see if anyone takes it out on the dude who put Sid on the shelf. Fans of both teams can bring the hate for two hours, rest a bit, then go all out starting around 6:30 that evening.

What do you suppose people in Baltimore are watching Sunday? Just curious.