[insert laughing Calvin and Hobbes here]

Yesterday during Media Day (What They’re Really Thinking: Media Day Edition will be posted later), an NFL reporter peppered a very enthusiastic James Harrison with several questions.

This is James’ enthused face, in case you wondered:

All that’s missing is a nice box step and some spirit fingers.

Moving on, when the NFL Network reporter asked James if he was “bitter a little still about what has gone on this year,” well, his reaction is priceless. Start watching at 1:20 in.

YouTube Preview Image

Ouch. He came VERY close to an eyeroll, too:

And then she had the great audastic huevos to ask additional questions. This is James Harrison. He could KILL you with spirit fingers alone. Back off, crazy lady.

Related. Audastic really should be a word. Get on that, word people.

Also related. Great Audastic Huevos would make a kickass band name.

1. BeauJacques
    February 2, 2011 10:23 am

Kara Anderson, now what would be the harm in James getting a lap dance from her, or maybe showing her tits?? :-)

2. Old NorthSider
    February 2, 2011 10:25 am

James Harrison was a hoot in that interview! As I watched the awkward reactions from the reporter, I realized James’ distate for NFL Park Avenue Headquarters folks. He certainly made the NFL reporter earn her paycheck. I wonder, though, if he would have treated Deion “Prime Time” Sanders the same way?

3. Naten53
    February 2, 2011 10:38 am

Is it just me, but in the last 10-15 years have sports reporters gone from asking about the game to asking questions to get a controversial comment. No offense but it seems like the women and sideline football “reporters” are the worst at this.

4. cmd_45
    February 2, 2011 11:04 am

Could that interview been any more awkward? And she tried to lead with a joke? Did she really realize that she was interviewing James Harrison?

5. Me
    February 2, 2011 11:11 am

He is a very funny man.

February 2, 2011 11:16 am

Naten53,

It’s my observation that (TV) sports reporters largely don’t ask questions at all. They say something like, “Great game out there today, James!” and stick the microphone in his face. “Ben played a great game,” and stick the microphone in his face. “Good luck in Dallas, and could I please blow you?” and stick the microphone in his face.

And that’s just Bob Pompeani.

That also might just be the local media, I don’t get ESPN.

7. Aileen
    February 2, 2011 11:29 am

All I know is James Harrison’s kid must be the most well-behaved kid on earth. Can you imagine hearing, “WAIT UNTIL YOUR FATHER GETS HOME!” ?

And my brother used outrun my Mom with her wooden spoon. What chance would Harrison’s kid have?

The stare alone would be enough to scare the crap out of Gary Roberts.

8. Margaret
    February 2, 2011 11:32 am

Oh my God that was freakin’ funny!! Brutal honesty – gotta love it!

9. RPJ
    February 2, 2011 12:14 pm

… and that wasn’t even close to his best material.

February 2, 2011 12:45 pm

notice that kara works for the NFL network.

owned and operated by the NFL.

there ya go.

11. Noelle
    February 2, 2011 12:58 pm

you can almost hear him lead with “bitch, please…”

12. Butcher's Dog
    February 2, 2011 1:01 pm

Great Audastic Huevos would only make a kick-ass band name if the band members, you know, had them.

@bucdaddy: No ESPN in West-By-God? But you still see Pomp? What’s up with that?

13. AngryMongo
    February 2, 2011 1:22 pm

Loved it. She nebbed her way into a lot of players faces. You could see him instantly become robotic for her and then form a smile and joke with the next reporter. A cold front moved through Jerry Jones palatial estate in that moment.

14. Moxie Bestos (formerly Amy L.)
    February 2, 2011 1:38 pm

bucdaddy and naten53, here’s my related observation: Sports reporters don’t just ask the questions, they answer them as well. It also takes the reporter five minutes to do the asking and answering. No wonder sports stars only talk in cliches. They have no questions to actually answer in the two seconds the microphone is in their faces.

15. Margaret
    February 2, 2011 1:41 pm

@AngryMongo – you are so right! No eye contact and as monotone as he could get. But he did show signs of life when answering THAT question.

16. hoosierburgher
    February 2, 2011 2:29 pm

@Noelle, I was thinking the same thing!

February 2, 2011 5:53 pm

B-Dog,

Oh, Comcast has it, I just don’t feel like paying for it.

Moxie,

Good point, they do that too. It’s a very “look at meeeeee!” position. (I almost called it a job.)