I just … I want to remind you.

Thanks to Mike and the Mario Lemieux Foundation, that thermometer there is updating live now, so you can see your donations inching the bar up.

If you’ve donated, thank you so much for your generosity, regardless of the amount you were able to give. Every little bit counts and means something to me and Mike and Chachi and the kids and the Mario Lemieux Foundation.

For those of you who haven’t yet made the decision to donate, here’s a little reminder of what takes place on install day. This year, we’ll be delivering all the XBOXs at the same time we deliver the games, hand held gaming systems, laptops, iPads, etc.

YouTube Preview Image

And here’s a reminder about the boy who inspired the genesis of Make Room for Kids … Genre Baker of Genre’s Kids With Cancer Fund. Genre’s organization is worthy of donation dollars too and I’ll be doing my best to raise money for him this year.

YouTube Preview Image

Sick kids, you guys. They deserve every good thing we can give them, you know?

1. Rachel
    February 3, 2011 2:03 pm

As soon as I saw the name “chachi” I knew I had to donate since that’s what my niece calls me!

2. Amy
    February 3, 2011 2:17 pm

Donation made… Let’s Kick Some Packer A#&!

3. Aileen
    February 3, 2011 2:42 pm

Ginny,

Can we buy the kids a dart board with Bill Belicheck’s picture on it? I was so pissed off when I heard he was voted Coach of the Year. What’s up with that?

4. NicoleinTallahassee
    February 3, 2011 2:49 pm

So Ginny, what are you going to do when it hits $10,000 BEFORE Super Bowl Sunday? I’m hoping it’s something EPIC!!

5. AJM
    February 3, 2011 4:15 pm

donated! and it feels great!

6. Z Brand Group
    February 3, 2011 4:34 pm

This week shows us what a great distraction a big game can be from everyday life. Each of these kids need and deserve the distraction of a game every day, whenever they want. Glad we could help…and kudos to you, Ginny and Mike!

7. It's Time!
    February 3, 2011 5:33 pm

Wow — look at the red tide rise! (That’s probably some sports reference I’ll regret having accidentally made.)

Anyway, at this rate you’re going to hit $10,000 on Friday, Ginny. Why don’t you promise us something extra — like another teen-time photo through which we can vicariously work out our own insecurities — if we hit $12,000 by Game Day???

8. It's Time!
    February 3, 2011 5:34 pm

I’d give again if you did — I’m not ashamed to say I can be bought. For a good cause an’at.

9. Pingback: Tweets that mention That's Church » I just … I want to remind you. -- Topsy.com

10. Guins29
    February 3, 2011 8:25 pm

Hee hee hee…husband scoffed at the idea of $10,000 in a week. Silly husband! YAY BURGHERS! I don’t know if any of my people from Facebook donated, but three of them donated to another cause I was reppin’ (Wounded Warriors Hockey in memory of Sgt. Matt Moran), so I’m figuring they very well may have. I love donations! And kids! And Pittsburgh! =)

11. Pittsburgh Tom
    February 4, 2011 12:57 am

Finally got a chance to read this on a computer and not my phone, so haven’t been able to donate or see the thermometer. My donation is in.