He was right!

Punxsutawney Phil, with a truly crappy success rate, seems to be right this year when he predicted an early end to winter.

From WPXI’s Scott Harbaugh’s blog:

Temperatures will begin to rebound next week with most of the second half of February in the 40s and 50s for high temperatures instead of teens and 20s. The bigger storms will start missing us more to the north and rain will become the norm over snow.

I could french-kiss that mangy ball of fur.

And the groundhog too.

Ba-ba-BAH!

Try the veal!

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go sing the Hallelujah Chorus while doing the Mypos Dance of Joy.

Don’t rain on my parade.

1. Noelle
    February 8, 2011 7:41 pm

I can surely anticipate the thought of not feeling like a cow after wearing 4 layers of clothing every day and looking like a slob at my office. I’m burning these long johns. And welcome back mascara after tearing it all off waiting for the bus.

2. Pa-pop
    February 8, 2011 8:42 pm

In the pre-Mario days, the joke went like this: “What do you get when you cross a penguin with a ground hog? Six more weeks of bad hockey.”

February 8, 2011 9:22 pm

Pa-pop,

Thanks for making me flash on the Tom Bladon/Dale Tallon era.

Actually, they got a whole lot of bad hockey in the end-of-Mario days too.

4. SpudMom
    February 8, 2011 10:14 pm

OH THANK GOD!

I was just blogging to day about good ol’ Phil and his prediction. I believe I said that if he was right, I’d plant a big old kiss on his lips but that if he was wrong, he better go into an anonymous protection program because I’d be hunting his furry ass down with my Dad’s varmint rifle in hand.

5. Burghbird
    February 8, 2011 10:30 pm

That fat fur covered rat still lies through his buckteeth. There will be more of winter’s wrath after next week’s best Big-Benny pump-fake, don’t you doubt it.

6. Aileen
    February 8, 2011 11:02 pm

If Sidney doesn’t come back soon, we just might see the offspring of the ground hog and penguin.

February 8, 2011 11:53 pm

good luck with that.

8. AngryMongo
    February 9, 2011 12:16 am

Rat lies. You wait, we’ll have snow the first week of March.

9. Christina
    February 9, 2011 5:41 am

This is actually good news. I have a limit of 20kg wait for my transatlantic suitcase and I was already scared to pack it with the thickest clothes I have and – hold your breath – two pairs of uggish boots (no original brand UGGS because they are silly expansive here but original Austrialian EMU boots – same thing: ugly but crazy comfortable).

Now it looks like I can switsch to booties and sneakers – YAY!

10. jen
    February 9, 2011 9:59 am

ummm shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don’t jinx it by doing happy dances.

the karma will bite you in the butt when snowmagedden II happens on March 1 or just when we think it’s safe to put our 10 layers away.

11. Eric Williams
    February 9, 2011 10:52 am

*cough* St. Patrick’s Day snow storm *cough* ;)

12. Dave Cochenour
    February 9, 2011 12:28 pm

Oh yes, because the accuracy of weather forecasts, especially long term forecasts, is so good!

February 9, 2011 12:42 pm

Phil, pffffft, hogga, please.

We’re all about French Creek Freddie down here.

14. Joe K.
    February 9, 2011 1:18 pm

40 degrees and rain? Can’t wait.

15. Cassie
    February 9, 2011 1:23 pm

But what will March be like? Because if it’s crappy, I’m-a going to be pissed. However, our Aprils have been in the 70’s lately. Here’s to hoping!

16. apostles03
    February 9, 2011 6:06 pm

Does he promise 6 more weeks of a cloudy, sepia toned wasteland to go along with that 40 degrees and rain?