Just a few things to get out of the way before we say goodbye to football and hello to FIVE HUNDRED BASEBALL!
1. Bakerella made this amazing spread of Steelers goodies for a Super Bowl party.
Kinda makes the black and gold thumbprint cookies we got from Giant Eagle look like poop.
2. In case you haven’t noticed, “Poop” is the theme of Super Bowl XLV here at That’s Church.
Somewhere, there’s a bunch of monkeys flinging poop at each other all, “About time!”
3. Steelers fans are like none other. From When Parents Text:
So THAT’S why we lost. Way to go, Me.
4. What some of the Steelers are tweeting from verified accounts:
Some of them are using abbreviations and that might be a bit confusing. Let me translate their tweets for you: “Poop.”
4. Before Christina Aguilera effed up the lyrics to the Star Spangled Banner in front of 162 million people (ouch), I asked musician Tim Ruff, he of Walking in Pittsburgh fame, which is up to 92,000 views, five questions for Pittsburgh Magazine. One of those questions was about the National Anthem.
I hear from your co-workers that you’ve got a pet peeve about National Anthem singers. What is it, and what did you think of Martina McBride’s version before the AFC Championship game?
Following the Super Bowl, Tim emailed me to say about Christina that “she went so far with her vocal acrobatics that she screwed up the words. Sick.”
In other words, “Poop.”
5. Finally, if you enjoyed yesterday’s What They’re Really Thinking, perhaps got a chuckle out of it, and haven’t yet thrown a few dollars into the Make Room for Kids fund, consider doing so for our city’s sick kids.
We’ll be taking that donate button down tomorrow morning.