Status: [shrug]

The good news is that Sidney Crosby is home from his vacation in a warm spot.

The bad news is the timetable for his return has changed from “WE DON’T EFFING KNOW BECAUSE HE WENT HOME TO NOVA SCOTIA,” to “he might be out all season.”

“You just hope that [things will get back to normal] with time, and the quicker, the better. There’s no timetable whatsoever. It’s impossible to gauge or really put a number of days or a timetable on it.”

[Facepalm] indeed, Calvin.

1. CrashJK
    February 10, 2011 4:22 pm

Sure Jagr and let’s get Alexi Kovalev TOO !!! More old Euro/Russos for the ‘Guins….no thanks….I’d rather throw in the towel then watch moody euro/russos try to play Disco’s game…ain’t gonna happen….

Let’s GO BUCS !!!

2. Aileen
    February 10, 2011 4:25 pm

I’m thinking that this is the photo of Jaromir Jagr that Chris Kemoeatu saw when deciding which 1991 look he was going with for the 2010 season.

With Cooke out for 4 games, maybe it’s time to put James Harrison on skates.

3. Beatrice
    February 10, 2011 4:35 pm

That photo of Jagr is totally awesome.

4. T
    February 10, 2011 4:54 pm

Harrison on skates would be fantastic!

5. Sooska
    February 10, 2011 5:57 pm

Sid wasn’t on vacation as many suggest. Reportedly he was maniacally viewing game videos, making suggestions to the guys, strategizing for the coaching staff, and plotting revenge. They couldn’t take it anymore so they sent him his own private purgatory- sunny climes with no ice and no hockey.

JJ would be awesome.

6. Beth
    February 10, 2011 8:34 pm

That mullet is E.P.I.C.

7. pghsciencenerd
    February 10, 2011 8:56 pm

“Would someone please just put the Batsignal out to Jaromir Jagr and get that fantastic mullet of his back over here so I can run my fingers through it from business to party?”

Sheer poetry right there…I’m saddened I didn’t get to that first.

Avangard (JJ’s Russian hockey team) is currently the top seed in the KHL’s version of the “Eastern Conference,” so no chance he’s here for trade deadline in March. However, he is a free agent after this year and is looking to help out a Stanley Cup-contending team on the 2nd or 3rd line…hint hint Ray Shero.

Also, we have casinos now, so he should fit right at home.

8. MM
    February 10, 2011 11:32 pm

I also believe that once you start the season over in Europe you cannot play for an NHL team that season.

9. oldgraymare
    February 11, 2011 12:47 pm

jager and Letang on the same team?!? Too much sex hair for one arena to handle!

February 11, 2011 5:58 pm

harrison on skates would be awesome.

it might be like having lebron on skates, as described by chris rock:

11. Aileen
    February 11, 2011 11:34 pm

OMG!! I just watched that clip of Chris Rock – it’s hilarious. Find yourself a 1:30 and watch it. I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard.