More hopey/changey optimism

Brit Alex Pettyfer is the star of Pittsburgh-filmed I Am Number Four, which will begin showing in theaters tomorrow. He is not hard on the eyes. At all.

In an interview with CinemaBlend.com, he had this to say about filming in Pittsburgh:

You were filming in Pittsburgh, right? What’s the experience of filming on location there?

It’s nice. It changes your life. I’m forever a Pittsburgh Pirates fan. Apparently I’ve picked the worst baseball team in the world.

First, a big giant WOW! to “It changes your life.”

Second, a big giant HIGH FIVE! for managing to become a Pirates fan during a 105-loss season.

You call it insanity, but I call it … insanity.

Seriously. Dude is crazy.

But I welcome him to my bandwagon with open arms and a strong margarita to numb the forthcoming pain that only the Buccos of Suckitude can inflict.

P.S. You guys that are about to comment all angry that I have left you out, please note that there are exposed boobies in the background of the banner picture. YOU’RE WELCOME.

1. BeauJacques
    February 17, 2011 6:08 pm

I call it clinical masochism.

2. PK
    February 17, 2011 6:10 pm

Yeah but Ginny you need to do a Google Image search of him in “City of Bones.”

I’d buy that for a dollar!

3. BeauJacques
    February 17, 2011 6:10 pm

He’s got a purty mouth.

4. somecrazyPghgal
    February 17, 2011 6:12 pm

This makes my heart smile! My kids attend Franklin Regional where they filmed the school scenes and I used to hang out in Vandergrift where they also shot some things..so I’m really looking forward to seeing this movie!

5. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    February 17, 2011 6:13 pm

We need all of the Pirates fans we can muster and it doesn’t matter to me if they’re imported from across the pond. I originally had no plans to see this movie, but may have to check it out. Can’t wait for Opening Day. Submitted my leave slip on January 3d. Go Buccos!

6. HollyT
    February 17, 2011 6:16 pm

He loves the Pirates despite their losses. I’m in love.

7. Brandon
    February 17, 2011 6:29 pm

Nice to see the Bucs have gotten at least one new fan. He maybe nice for the ladies to look at, however it seems he caused a big stink in Pittsburgh while filming. Apparently the kid is a real jackass.

8. Pingback: Tweets that mention That's Church » More hopey/changey optimism -- Topsy.com

9. Partying in the Mountains
    February 17, 2011 6:51 pm

Think about it. If you went to merry ol’ England and started to watch cricket… would it really matter if you were watching a good team or a bad one?

10. RPJ
    February 17, 2011 6:57 pm

Yah,Yah — Thanks a lot. Those are boobies in the same way the Pirates are a professional baseball team.

February 17, 2011 7:46 pm

he looks like melissa etheridge. at least, in the top pic.

those boobies, though, ain’t gonna cut it.

12. Butcher's Dog
    February 17, 2011 9:20 pm

Ginny, on the worst day I ever saw I wouldn’t hit what you’re calling exposed boobies. Or someone equipped with them.

13. Aileen
    February 17, 2011 11:35 pm

Wait a minute – I thought the Pirates are a bunch of boobies.

14. AngryMongo
    February 18, 2011 8:17 am

@unsatisfied But they look like they could cut something and give you a nasty infection.

15. TripleC
    February 18, 2011 9:21 am

Oh boy, here we go again.

16. Me
    February 18, 2011 10:23 am

I guess he, like a lot of people, got sucked in by how nice PNC Park is and how enjoyable an afternoon spent there can be. But, just wait Alex, 15 years of losing will wear on you too.

February 18, 2011 12:07 pm

Ex-Pat,

Where you sitting? We’ll be in 131.

18. PittCheMBA
    February 19, 2011 4:17 pm

How about something for the guys? Rob Owen from the Post-Gazette has a nice article about the female lead in “I Am Number Four”, Dianna Agron, http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11048/1125819-67.stm. Ms. Agron bought records from Jerry’s Records in Squirrel Hill while filming in the Burgh. If she looks familiar, she plays Quinn Fabray on Fox TV’s “Glee”.