1. I like to read the comments that go into my spam queue because it’s how I stumble upon awesome spam comments like this:
I am glad to be a visitant of this gross blog ! , thankyou for this rare information! .
You’re welcome, you disgusting piece of shit! Come again, before too soon!
2. THON is awesome because it’s for SICK KIDS, and this year Penn State students raised via THON over $9.5 million dollars.
With the reveal of this year’s fundraising total in the Bryce Jordan Center on Sunday afternoon — $9,563,016.09 — it seems there are no limits in sight for the Interfraternity Council/Panhellenic Dance Marathon and largest student-run philanthropy’s fight against pediatric cancer.
Cancer is such a bitch. Pediatric cancer is the mother bitch. This is a giant slap to the face of pediatric cancer. Awesome.
3. Some of you have asked about donating games to the Make Room for Kids effort. I’m working on putting something together for you all. Perhaps a wish list or a list of which gaming systems we have that we could use games for. Sit tight and I promise to give you an outlet for donating what you’ve got.
4. Haiku master Will imagines what would happen if me and Burgh Baby’s mom took on Dee Thompson and Alby Oxenreiter.
Bring it on.
5. I like to think of flesh-eating bacteria as a fake thing — a funny thing we like to say but that doesn’t really exist. “East Kabumfuck.” “Rumplestiltskin.” “Flesh-eating bacteria.”
I do not like to hear this about a Burgher:
“In my opinion, I think Dr. McCormick saved his life,” said Robert Kang, the plastic surgeon who later would graft skin over gaping, muscle-deep wounds that covered both sides of Mr. Wise’s lower abdomen and groin.
Oh my God. You must read the whole article.
I am THIS CLOSE to Google Image searching for “flesh-eating bacteria” but I can’t bring myself to do it.
One of yinz do it and tell me how bad it is on a scale of 1 to Vomit. Thanks.
6. I’m not normally a tattoo, beard, long-hair kind of girl, but screw it. I am confirming that I want Joe Beimel to make the team this year.
I bet he’d be fun to watch.
From photo day down at Bradenton:
I mean, if we’re going to suck again this year, at least give us something fun to watch.
Related: Ryan Doumit’s alien eyes scare the bejeezus out of me.
Don’t stare at them too long. Bad things happen.