What Jeff Reed Taught Me

My March column is up at Pittsburgh Magazine’s site, entitled “What Jeff Reed Taught Me.”

Yes. Jeff Reed. I’M STILL TALKING ABOUT HIM.

[shoots the dead horse between the eyeballs]

[waits for PETA to email her aghast that she just wrote “shoots the dead horse between the eyeballs.”]

Anyway! I learned some things from Jeff Reed, it’s true.

A snippet:

One by one, the 49ers fans’ message boards filled up with commenters wondering if the team had mistakenly signed a “Jersey Shore” cast member to the team because, seriously, does this guy ever wear a shirt or is he just that dedicated to the “pics or it didn’t happen” meme?

Go have a read!

[shoots the very alive pigeon between the eyeballs]

[ignores PETAs “urgent” emails]

1. Miles
    February 23, 2011 11:37 am

Wow you really are ready for the Baseball season to begin. A football article with so many baseball references. Stuffed sausage comes to mind when Reed is in uniform.

2. gunnlino
    February 23, 2011 11:53 am

I hate to be a stick in the mud but,….. Jeff who ? Ho Humm.

3. CrashJK
    February 23, 2011 1:44 pm

At least Reed isn’t a rapist…just sayin’….ymmv

4. Chuck
    February 23, 2011 7:11 pm

On Saturday night I was returning from a auction in Derry and stopped at the Sheetz in New Alexandria. On the doors were signs saying “Restrooms out of order….use Porto-John in parking lot”. As god is my witness I said outloud “I wonder if Jeff Reed broke the place up again”.

5. It's Time!
    February 23, 2011 10:44 pm

@CrashJK, “at least Reed isn’t a rapist” implies that some local figure, possibly a sports figure, IS a rapist. And no one in Pittsburgh sports fits that description.

Just sayin’.

6. Aileen
    February 23, 2011 10:53 pm

My sister-in-law is an avid runner and she runs in a lot of different cities.

Last year, she ran in a San Francisco event called Bay to Breaker – a race which draws more than 50,000 people in stages of dress (or undress) – some racing in just body paint and tennis shoes. She said picture Greenwich Village or Fire Island or Provicetown on Halloween night.

Maybe Jeff Reed’s found a home to express his creative side after all.

7. Monty
    February 24, 2011 8:48 am

@It’s Time! — Not true. The Nuttings rapin’ errybody out here. Climbin’ in your windows, snatchin’ your people up.