1. My dog died today.
So if I look like my dog died, you know why.
She was old and had tumors and we had to have her put to sleep. Our other dog, her brother, is NOT. HAPPY.
I expect retaliatory indoor defecation soon.
2. I finally visited the Pittsburgh Public Market in the Strip this weekend, and I cannot encourage you enough to check it out. I’ll be writing more about it in Pittsburgh Magazine via my column, but I wanted to share this awesome artist that sells there.
These are called Christopher’s Collages.
Far away you see Mike Tomlin exuding badassitude at you:
Close up, you see Heinz Field, Steely McBeam, the city skyline, Santonio Holme’ making his famous catch, the Lombardi and more.
Do you see Waldo? I’m pretty sure I see Waldo. Srsly. Right there.
It’s so fun to grab a magnifying glass and see what you can find in there. He has all the Pittsburgh sports covered via his collages and even WVU.
While looking at the Penn State collage, I found a tiny little area where he had scribbled, “I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DRAW HERE.”
[In the voice of Candace on Phineas and Ferb] Busted.
Love these. Check them out at Pittsburgh Public Market or right here at the website where you can zoom in on any picture.
3. Big news regarding this year’s Dancing With the Pittsburgh Celebrities event. I’ll be dancing!!!!
Yeah, no. Could you imagine? [shudder]
The big news is that Jamie and Ali’s Haitian Orphan Rescue is one of the four charities that the evening will benefit.
- Jim Krenn’s wife Hedy (People, she is gorgeous. Wowza.)
- Dennis Bowman
- Marci Cipriani
- That freaky guy from the ScareHouse. Not the bunny. The other one.
- Rashard Mendenhall, who has got to be thinking “What’s Hines got that I don’t?!”
A great fun way to support Haitian Orphan Rescue and to maybe see Rashard Mendenhall wear a deep V-neck shirt. We can hope.
You can buy sponsorships, tables, or tickets. See here!
You never know what you’ll see. Last year, you saw Julie Bologna and you saw that she has a pretty bangin’ bod.
4. Thanks to Burgher Tyler Kozar winning a contest, one million Pop-Tarts are going to be delivered to the Art Institute of Pittsburgh tomorrow.
Roughly twenty seconds after they are delivered, Casey Hampton will burst through the wall like the Kool-Aid man.
5. A robber with his face wrapped up as a mummy with dark cloth held up a Herminie convenience store two weeks ago.
I’d love to see the police sketch of that.
Wait. KDKA had the next best thing!
While you’re on the lookout for the mummy, there was also a robbery at a bank yesterday.
They didn’t get a surveillance picture, but they think he might look something like this:
Remain vigilant, Pittsburgh!
6. Rob Biertempfel of the Trib tweeted this today about Wild Thing Joe Beimel.
Wild Thing, you make my heart hurt.