A little note to clear things up.

Some of you have skimmed the Random n’at post down there and are commenting and emailing me congratulations that I am taking part in Dancing with the Pittsburgh Celebrities event.

Apparently that line of the post is causing many of you to blow important reading comprehension-controlling brain fuses because if you would read the very next line, you would see that I was just kidding.

I am not dancing in that event. Or any event. My dancing abilities rival my singing abilities except if they were actually fighting it would be no contest because they would each commit suicide to put themselves out of their misery.

Do you know what it would take for me to do ballroom dancing in public, with cameras in the room?

A shoulder-fired rocket launcher to my head.

And even then I’d be all, “If you think about it, I’ve lived a nice, full life. Who am I to be greedy?”

1. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    March 2, 2011 2:08 pm

I run into this all of the time. Slow down, people. Read the entire item first, then re-read it a bit more slowly, before jumping to conclusions without total comphrehension of what’s been written. Happens with spoken conversations, too. I blame the constant multitasking/instant information streams that we’re all trying to process without truly understanding what is being written/said.

2. bluzdude
    March 2, 2011 2:14 pm

I think you should dance anyway. Once you’ve fallen on your butt while “curling,” can dancing really be that much worse?

3. John Franco
    March 2, 2011 2:35 pm

So really you’re just trying to raise the requirement for charitable contributions when you inevitably give in? You wouldn’t share your mad dancing skills to raise for 25k for the children? For. The. Children. :)

[Not offering 25k. Just saying.]

4. Burgh Baby
    March 2, 2011 3:00 pm

Where’s Scott? I think we just found your next ScareHouse challenge. o_O

5. ScareHouse Scott
    March 2, 2011 4:11 pm

Intriguing. But if Burgh Baby were to lose said challenge, she would then have to undergo mandatory slow dances with multiple partners. Slow Dances: they’re like long hugs set to music!

6. Baba Wawa
    March 3, 2011 11:00 am

you’re going to be on Dancing with the Stars? :)

7. Scott
    March 3, 2011 12:00 pm

To this day, anytime I hear Earth, Wind & Fire’s “Shining Star”, I immediately envision Elaine dancing. Never stops being funny.