Internalize the hate

(original image)

In light of the news that Sid was in gear and on skates this morning, you might imagine that there was a collective shitting of the pants of haters.

You would imagine right.

Some of the best ones I found on twitter that DON’T include the standard “Crosby sucks” or “Crosby is gay” or the C word.

Yes, the C word.

People are classy.

That one confused the crap out of me. Sidney Crosby is a ginger?!

I’ve been using that word, but it must not mean what I think it means.

Either way, I plan to internalize the hell out of this hate and use it to power my “Losing My Shit” engine when Sidney Crosby takes the ice for the first time, hopefully this season.

But seriously, someone get all these haters some Depends and baby wipes. As I used to say while changing my babies’ diapers: “Whew! STINKY POOPS!”

1. G-Man
    March 14, 2011 1:30 pm

I wonder if there is even 0.000001% of those posts that came from someone OTHER THAN a Capitals or Flyers fan?
    I am criticized all the time by Flyers fans because I hate Flyers. Guess where I learned that emotion?

2. Andy Van Slick
    March 14, 2011 1:49 pm

Jealousy is an ugly thing. Living in the D.C.-area, I can tell you that Caps fans, in particular, have a really sick obession with the Pens.

3. bluzdude
    March 14, 2011 1:57 pm

You use “ginger” correctly. JollyOwl is a moron.

4. adriennemcc
    March 14, 2011 1:59 pm

Uh, being THE Ginger, I’m really confused??? Last time I checked, he was a little more on the brunette side. ???

5. Dan (Not Onorato)
    March 14, 2011 3:01 pm

If Sid was on anyone other team it would be a completely different story

6. Pensgirl
    March 14, 2011 3:41 pm

I’d like to see ONE man who equates womanhood with weakness shove a baby out of his sexual organ.

That is all.

7. George
    March 14, 2011 3:49 pm

I don’t tweet… but hopefully all of Pittsburgh will tweet bomb these people. Make them rue the day….rue the day!

8. facie
    March 14, 2011 3:52 pm

I am tired of mean-spirited, sucky people. I don’t like plenty of players in football and hockey, but I don’t call any of them wimps when they get injured and I sure as hell don’t wish additional harm on them. Haven’t these jagoffs picked up a newspaper or read an internet article about the brain damage concussions have caused some athletes, particularly when the head injuries happened so close together?

But I guess that “soft-thinking” makes me a girl, one who has given birth without drugs, no less (you say it, Pensgirl).

Grr.

9. red pen mama
    March 14, 2011 4:06 pm

What @pensgirl said.

10. burgher-licious
    March 14, 2011 4:09 pm

“Why couldn’t the tsunami wipe out Syndey Crosby” – seriously? We are talking of possibly tens of thousands dead by a horrific natural disaster – what a douche bag to even mention this.

11. Tam
    March 14, 2011 4:40 pm

bump pensgirl

12. Kathy
    March 14, 2011 4:50 pm

pensgirl – that’s church.

13. CMA
    March 14, 2011 7:32 pm

I think half of those were posted by GIRLS! Stay Klassy girls, good to see that finishing school paid off! Wow…sad for my gender right now…

14. Butcher's Dog
    March 14, 2011 7:53 pm

What do you call a bus loaded with Caps and Flyers fans going over a cliff with two empty seats? A wasted opportunity.

These haters/losers would have tweeted more, but they had to leave mom’s basement to go to the place where they get paid minimum wage to say, “Pull around to the second window, please.”

15. Cassie
    March 14, 2011 9:15 pm

Why would someone ever wish a tsunami on someone else? That’s just ridiculous. Clearly that loser doesn’t realize what destruction it caused.

And I’m totally annoyed with men who make cracks about periods. YOU try bleeding for 3-7 days and tell me how you feel. I’m sure most men get a paper cut and then cry like little bitches.

And before anyone asks, NO, I’m not PMSing. Just irritated with the haters.

16. alison
    March 14, 2011 11:19 pm

so the tweet by canyonofblues actually made me LOL. all the others seem to be written by immature high schoolers.

and yeah, since when is sid a ginger??

17. Magnus Patris
    March 14, 2011 11:30 pm

During most of the 22 years I lived outside of D.C., no one gave two shits about the Caps. Only displaced Pittsburghers, Bostonians, New Yorkers and Philly/Jersey fans and the occasional Canadian diplomat ever went to games. When the Pens, Devils, etc played, 3/4 the Capital Center was wearing “out of town” sweaters. You could hardly give away hockey tickets to native Washingtonians. Now all of a sudden, in the last 4 years they are all hockey “experts” down there. I give it four more years with no Cup for them before attendance is back at 3,500 a game.

March 15, 2011 12:52 am

Those tweets are as funny as an explosion at a nuclear plant.

And now that I think about it, somebody check the prevailing winds during the Three-Mile Island crisis. Might explain a lot about Washington, D.C., the past 30 years.

(See how funny that is, Caps fans? Oh, I see I have to explain for the many many slow[er] ones among you: I am suggesting you were brain-damaged in utero by radiation. HiLARious, right? That’s SOOOO funny, cause brain damage is ALWAYS funny! HAHAHA! Ooooo, SOMEbody stop me!)

19. Monty
    March 15, 2011 1:45 am

Show of hands, how many guys crossed their legs immediately after reading Pensgirl’s comment?

20. windy city steel city
    March 15, 2011 8:07 am

much like pensgirl’s comment about a man identifying weakness with womanhood, I believe the ginger comment was identifying those wtih red hair as being pale and weak. more than likely she is a Brit [with craggy teeth].

21. MadMax
    March 15, 2011 10:27 am

@Pensgirl-

Excellent point. Methinks most would cry Uncle halfway through labor!

22. Butcher's Dog
    March 15, 2011 12:06 pm

Not that I’m an expert (duh!), but it seems halfway through labor is long past the point of no return.

Halfway Through Labor would make a kick-ass band name if most of what they did was screaming and teeth-gritting. Just sayin’.

23. AngryMongo
    March 15, 2011 12:40 pm

How about each one of those tweeters get onto the ice and take the hit Sid did.

Then ask them if they’re ready to get back out there right away.

24. Sooska
    March 15, 2011 1:15 pm

*dials phone*
    one ringie dingie.
    two ringie dingies…

hello? is this the party to whom I am speaking?
    Caps and Flyers fans?
    Pens fans never think of you or your team unless the game is on. If not playing you, we don’t care or give a thought to you. Why are you so obsessed with the Pens, and hate Sid, in particular? He has nothing to do with you. maybe that is why. just curious.
    *slams phone down*

25. burghadelphian
    March 15, 2011 9:00 pm

A long time ago. Before South Park and before the internetz the context of ginger was in reference to lads that drink ginger beer. Not deemed a manly approach to intoxication this would logically lead one to the conclusion that the consumer was “gay”. Words, even stupid, hateful ones, sometimes have a historical context.