Hizzoner Master Lukey

Cleaning up ‘da trash with his homey Snoop Doggy Dogg and gittin’ all sorts of shit done good. [throws signs]

First, I don’t support people who deface city property.

Second, they should have put “Gettin’ Shit Done” and also changed “business” to “biznass.”

(h/t Vivian who snapped this in the Strip, where several of Lukey’s $1,000 trash cans have been altered with the sticker)

1. Magnus Patris
    March 23, 2011 10:34 am

Now THAT is worth $1000!

March 23, 2011 10:39 am

I wonder if bachman-turner overdrive is going to sue.

takin’ care of business….every day!

March 23, 2011 10:49 am

Lukey never looked whiter.

4. inBrookline
    March 23, 2011 11:06 am

This is one of the most brilliant acts of vandalism I have ever seen. I wish the people who tagged overpasses were as creative.

On a side note… are we sure the Mayor’s office didn’t commission those plaques?

5. astroidb612
    March 23, 2011 11:12 am

I think it says more about lukey than it does about me that it took me a good 15 seconds to realize this was a spoof.

6. Kevin in ABQ
    March 23, 2011 11:24 am

OMG! It’s the missing member of N’SYNC!

7. spoon
    March 23, 2011 11:30 am

this beats the Stop signs that someone added “Hammer time” to.

8. Scott
    March 23, 2011 11:47 am

I thought the neighborhood development program Luke announced yesterday sounds like a great idea.

As I’ve said before, I’m not a huge fan of the mayor most of the time, but how come you never bother to highlight anything positive that he does?

9. Butcher's Dog
    March 23, 2011 11:57 am

Anyone know if that’s a real, working phone number? And who answers when you call it? Not wasting long-distance minutes to find out, but I’m curious.

@Scott: Ginny defends the Mayor on occasion. Search for references to pigs flying to see when and why, but she does. If all our members of Congress had her sense of perspective and fairness, the country’d be a hell of a lot further ahead than it is now. Just sayin’.

10. Virginia
    March 23, 2011 12:00 pm

Scott, I haven’t read about the neighborhood program yet, but just yesterday I wrote about his mentoring program and while I did joke about it, which in case you haven’t noticed is kind of my thing here, I then called it a “promising program.”

And as Butcher’s Dog pointed out, I have defended Lukey on several occasions, most recently when I defended his forthcoming social media policy:

11. Dan
    March 23, 2011 12:19 pm

Oh I have got to see this in person … Priceless

12. Cassie
    March 23, 2011 12:20 pm

I think this is a step in the right direction. When I drive to Trader Joe’s I take Negley Run and the amount of trash is appalling.

13. Katie
    March 23, 2011 12:26 pm

this just made my day.

14. Biggest Fan
    March 23, 2011 12:45 pm

@Butcher’s Dog

The male voice that answered the phone said, “Mayor Ravenstahl’s office.”

15. Joe K.
    March 23, 2011 12:48 pm

I’m with astroid at #5 above, it took me solid minute before it I realized it’s a spoof. For a moment I was like, the mayor is tight with Snoop Dogg now! :)

16. Al Lambrini
    March 23, 2011 1:02 pm

i hate this place sometimes

17. Legallypgh(Kathy)
    March 23, 2011 1:08 pm

@Biggest Fan: Thanks, you just saved me from dialing to see who answered.

And I agree with the other commenters who said — how are we sure Lukey didn’t commission this himself?!?

18. Scott
    March 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Virginia,

Maybe I’m thinking of the mentoring program…if so, my bad, and I did not see your write up yesterday.

Forgive me.

19. Monnie Keith
    March 23, 2011 1:25 pm

You mean it’s not real? Dang!! Just when I thought Lukey was getting a little soulful.

20. cck
    March 23, 2011 1:26 pm

@bucdaddy – your comments are priceless – you made my day.

21. gunnlino
    March 23, 2011 1:28 pm

The Mayor , of a major city, throwin’ gang signs . Jebus save us.
    ( Yes I know it’s bogus )

22. G-Man
    March 23, 2011 2:02 pm

biznass, mebbe. I’m thinkin’ spell it “binness.”

23. DaleyT
    March 23, 2011 2:08 pm

Just to confirm, see the top phone number on this list:

24. macool
    March 23, 2011 2:09 pm

@Scott:

I think Ginny goes too easy on Ravenstahl. That fool almost gave away our parking meters to Middle Eastern Sovereign Wealth funds for a song . For a detailed discussion of this folly pick up Matt Taibbi’s “Griftopia” and read how Hizzoner was ready to skip down the same primrose path as Chicago’s Daley and saddle us with the same raw deal as the Windy City.

25. Virginia
    March 23, 2011 2:12 pm

Okay, Burghers. You know that is a real picture right? See this from Snoop’s very own website:

26. addie
    March 23, 2011 2:29 pm

My husband sent me a picture of this a few weeks ago while he was in the strip, and I said we should send it to you… someone beat me to it! In person, it’s pretty hard to tell it’s fake. I kind of love whoever is doing this.

27. Michelle Smiles
    March 23, 2011 4:30 pm

I’m a little slow on the uptake. I was sitting here thinking I’ve been out of the burgh too long because I had no idea Luke was so friendly with Snoop – or what it had to do with the city. Guess that is a sign of good vandalism? Heh.

28. empirechick
    March 23, 2011 4:59 pm

I’m with those who don’t think it is vandalism. It’s a real pic with a real city phone number – Lukey would think it’s the perfect way to boost his ‘street cred’…

29. Marlene
    March 23, 2011 9:57 pm

I’m with Michelle, I couldn’t figure out it out.

30. PittCheMBA
    March 24, 2011 1:08 am

The Orie sisters should have used the services of whoever was the anonymous photoshopper.

31. Suburban Nor'Side Girl
    March 24, 2011 11:39 am

I think Snoop should be more careful who he’s standing with when there are cameras around.