A vacation.

I’ll be taking a vacation and will return to the blog next Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON AND KILL ALL THE PIGEONS WHILE I’M GONE.

Hey, I wrote a poem!

March 29, 2011 10:57 am

Bon voyage!

2. It's PAT!
    March 29, 2011 11:18 am

Ginny, I wish you much relaxation and joy in your time off, I really do —

but I must ask you to consider what departing in this manner and leaving your RIGHT WING NUT-JOB confessional on the front page of your blog is going to do to the many, many frail Democrats of Allegheny County — the kind who need to know a person wears the same label and thus affirms their inherited political “thinking” before they can interact with that person in goodwill —

Some of these delicate flowers post on your blog. They aren’t going to be able to check in to see when your vacation ends and risk the reminder that you have been a wolf in foxy sheep’s clothing all along. They’ll have to avoid That’s Church until some hardier (but Democratic) soul alerts them to your return. They will have to avoid it like Dracula avoids the sunlight, like pigeons avoid … you.

Please, have mercy on them and post a photo of someone with ginormous boobs that will push your sad Republican butt farther down the home page.

PS I heart you!

3. It's PAT!
    March 29, 2011 11:21 am

I just realized that “hardier (but Democratic) soul” in my previous comment is a redundancy. Of course the kind soul will be a Democrat because as we all know, Republicans have no souls.

Signed,

Your Favorite Republican (Or Top 10, locally, who’s not a family member? I hope)

4. Butcher's Dog
    March 29, 2011 12:39 pm

I was thinking that you could at least have posted the, you know, second and third runners-up in the wet T-shirt Olympics or something. I’ll take exception to the twitter about people hating you. I don’t think that’s the case, but there’s been more self-defense among the comments than constructive discussion. Just sayin’.

And I’ll echo bucdaddy: Bon voyage. Rest, recharge, and refresh. Ginny’s Minions will be here when you get back.

5. SpudMom
    March 29, 2011 1:10 pm

Butcher – that’s why I apologized. I obviously upset people and I didn’t feel Ginny’s blog was the place to have an argument. Rather than have it get completely out of hand, I tried to act like an adult and admit when I stepped in the poo-poo.

6. VAgirl
    March 29, 2011 3:20 pm

Enjoy, your time. Not to worry about the republican thing. I am a liberal Democrat but my love of my life is a Conservative Republican. What are our children’s politcal views–Independants. Hey that is what makes this country great.

7. Kaylee
    March 29, 2011 7:57 pm

@VAgirl- you and your hubby and James Carville/Mary Matalin show respect is all it takes.

And not that it counts for much Ginny, but your blog is still the first site this liberal checked today. Have a restful few days off.

8. windy city steel city
    March 29, 2011 8:01 pm

good timing, I am off for the city of Big Shoulders and won’t miss anything here!

9. red pen mama
    March 30, 2011 8:41 am

I hope you’re going someplace warm.

10. Nate
    March 30, 2011 9:03 am

I saw the new windows yesterday @ Las Velas. Lookin’ good … can’t wait to see the restaurant reopened … :-)

11. oldgraymare
    April 1, 2011 10:45 pm

If you are going someplace warm, bring some of it back with you, please. Enjoy your mini vacation.

12. Jenn
    April 4, 2011 8:21 am

Ginny…I was flipping channels yesterday morning and WQED had Mr Rogers Neighborhood on!