1. If you haven’t yet, please scroll down to read about install day at Make Room for Kids and then scroll even further down to the post below that in which I introduce you to the stupidest people on the planet.
In my house, “stupid” is a bad word. As are dork, retard, pigeon, and Steely McBeam. However, in this case, I’d have no problem telling my children that these bridge-driving Burghers are Stupid with a capital S.
2. While we’re talking about Make Room for Kids, please check out this article that Bill Zlatos of the Trib wrote in which he interviewed some of the patients about their new Xboxes.
As I mentioned in my post below, Dan Potash was at the hospital covering install day for Root Sports (formerly FSN Pittsburgh or Fox Sports Pittsburgh or SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS! or something. I can’t keep track.)
I insisted on getting my picture taken with him.
Then I returned to what I was doing before I saw him walking by. Testing out the new Kinect with Microsoft employee David via a round of boxing.
That’s my Eye of the Tiger. Rowr!
3. According to some important international London-based finance magazine that isn’t Hello!, Pittsburgh is the top city of the future for its population size!
I’d tell you more about what fDi Magazine said about our fair city, but they put it behind a pay wall.
I point and laugh at pay walls.
4. Do you go to conferences or expos and have now amassed so many tote bags that you start trying to find uses for them outside of their intended purpose?
“But mawwwm, none of the other kids take their lunch to school in a tote bag!”
Problem solved! The Pittsburgh Tote Bag Project will take those gently used tote bags off of your hands and give them to the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank!
I watched someone scrambling around to pick up cabbage after the bag broke twice. While someone assisted him, I tossed my thought out into the twitterverse … why not donate our extra tote bags to the food bank so people could have a bit more dignity and transport their items more efficiently.
DO IT. Here’s more info!
5. As you know, the Penguins begin the first round of playoffs tonight and I’m already tingling with anticipation.
Here’s something mind-boggling to boggle your mind with the bogglejiggities (My word. Send me ten cents if you plan to use it.)
… It also didn’t prevent him from leading the team in a number of statistical categories. Crosby recorded a team-high 32 goals, 66 points and 10 power-play goals.
He missed FORTY-ONE GAMES and he’s our scoring leader and we are still somehow in the playoffs.
That, my friends, shows the true grit of the entire team. They find a way to win.
6. I just saw an article in my Google Reader entitled “Alcohol helps the brain remember, says new study.”
I’m not going to click it though, in case there’s a disclaimer I don’t want to read.
7. Terry Bradshaw tells the AP that concussions have finally caught up with him and that he’s experiencing short-term memory loss and poor eye-hand coordination.
Maybe some alcohol will help his brain remember?
I’m here to help!
8. Ladies. SEXHAIR WALLPAPER via the Pens! Click to embiggen and then don’t cut your tongue when you lick his whiskers.
9. If you’re on Twitter, you might be interested to know that you can change your Trending Topics section to Pittsburgh!
Here’s what’s trending internationally:
Here’s what’s trending in Pittsburgh:
10. The Bogglejiggities would make a great Wiggles-like band name.