High school wasn’t this fun for me

I am obviously 1,000% not the best judge of music as evidenced by the fact that the words “honkey tonk badonkadonk” have been used on  my blog more times than I care to count (DON’T YOU DO IT!) but this song and video written by the students and faculty at Peters Township School District is pretty freaking badonkalicious in a completely un-honkey tonk way. I just wrote that sentence.

Hockey Night in Pittsburgh! The lyrics are in the description.

YouTube Preview Image

We never got to do anything like this when I was in high school.

I did however have a Shakespeare teacher who liked to dress in costume and act out the drunk scene from Macbeth. That was pretty awesome in its own forsoothy kind of way.

I am just making up words like a boss today.

(h/t Lindsey)

1. Stephen
    April 25, 2011 2:00 pm

I had a high school teacher who did the whole drunk scene from Macbeth thing, too. Except it wasn’t in costume and wasn’t acting. Or Macbeth.

2. Brian
    April 25, 2011 2:02 pm

Truthifize to us Virginia!!!

3. Legallypgh(Kathy)
    April 25, 2011 4:08 pm

That is my kids music teacher — isn’t he awesome! I meant to send you the link to this last week, but someone beat me to it. He has a band with a couple other guys at the school that is called “No Tune Left Behind” and they play at various school events — as you say, none of my teachers did that!!

They have apparently sent the video to the Penguins to try and get them to use the song…

4. Lee
    April 25, 2011 5:56 pm

I love this, and all things Pens, but I have to admit that I kind of chuckled at the “And he slaps a shot that’s tipped in by Dupuis” — because, really, how often does Dupuis sink a shot?
    But this is a really cool song, which has the potential to be changed from time to time with new player names ala “Here We Go.”
    Very nice.

5. Erica
    April 25, 2011 6:19 pm

Oh my! I had the same teacher. Mrs. Wintermeyer or something like that?

6. Tam
    April 26, 2011 4:11 pm

I’m pretty sure I had that same teacher…

7. Lisa
    April 27, 2011 11:25 pm

The ability to write and entertain as skillfully as Pitt Girl…my favorite blog!