Round 1

I honestly don’t give a crap about the royal wedding even though it is currently occupying the entire top half of the P-G’s website.

I give even less of a crap, negative crap if you will, about the NFL draft.

I’m more of a pick your players, put them to work, and THEN we’ll talk about them kind of gal.

However, the big news today is that the Steelers drafted Craig Heyward’s son (no, I don’t know who Craig Heyward is. Smite me if you must. I’m going to go Google him.) in the first round.

Meet former Buckeye Cam Heyward.

Cam says:

“I had always loved the team,” Heyward said. “I’m from there, my grandparents are from there, my mom’s from there. My gut feeling was I wanted to be in Pittsburgh. To be somewhere you want to be is an unbelievable feeling.”

Heyward took to twitter to express his joy:

First, Cameron, this face you’re seeing is my “You best learn Pittsburgh has an H, REAL FAST” glare. [GLARE]

Second, I wanted to yell at you for that, but then I watched the video.

YouTube Preview Image

And I can’t yell at you because I’m too busy loving you.

Call me and I’ll explain self-uniting to you.

1. TripleC
    April 29, 2011 10:20 am

Silly me but I would actually take the royal wedding over ANYTHING Pirate related.

2. Ms. Mon
    April 29, 2011 10:24 am

Hey Ginny — I sent you an e-mail. I went to Pitt with him and shared some of my experiences with him on campus with you. Oh — and FYI — Craig died a few years ago.

3. T
    April 29, 2011 10:49 am

Awwww! That made me tear up a bit! I love him already!

4. Shelly
    April 29, 2011 10:53 am

I’m so excited for him and for us! I went to Pitt during the Ironhead days and have great memories of watching his dad play for Pitt. How great for him to now be a Steeler.

5. MadMax
    April 29, 2011 10:57 am

Ferrets screwing in New Zealand are more relevant than the {Nutting-family cash cow] Pirates!

6. Baba Wawa
    April 29, 2011 11:03 am

great pick!

7. Monty
    April 29, 2011 11:07 am

Huge Ironhead fan here. I love when the chips fall like this.

8. Butcher's Dog
    April 29, 2011 11:37 am

A potential D-line of Hood, Hampton, and Heyward? Somewhere near the Strip District a T-shirt maker is scratching his/her head wondering how to work that into some kind of logo. Jump in, Ginny’s Minions, and help him/her out. I’m thinking H-H-H-ell No, You Ain’t Runnin’ just may be too long to be workable.

9. Katie
    April 29, 2011 12:56 pm

When he was little, (less then 3) he lived on my street. He used to put on his father’s helmet and run head first into the wall. Boy was born for this job!

10. AngryMongo
    April 29, 2011 1:13 pm

@Butcher’s Dog Steel Beams in the shape of three Hs. Possibly hoisted over their shoulders.

Frankly, I couldn’t hear anything over the sound of everyone booing Goodell. Loved every minute of it.

11. bluzdude
    April 29, 2011 1:16 pm

Love the pick. And if we ever catch him listening to some AC/DC, we can call him “Metalhead Heyward.”

12. AmyLa
    April 29, 2011 1:20 pm

I think watching the draft is worse than watching the royal wedding. It’s such an obnoxious event! All the drunk chanting in the background, useless analysis of who they think the teams should pick, and the commissioner coming out announcing every single gosh darn name. Why does he have to do that? Perhaps it’s always been that way, but, boring…

13. Joe K.
    April 29, 2011 1:26 pm

I agree with you, I don’t pay much attention to the draft and prefer to wait and see how the players turn out. But this looks like a great pick.

14. Jann
    April 29, 2011 3:15 pm

I love this video. Seeing him tear up brought tears to my eyes. Was that his mom?

When you look up Ironhead,see if you can find his “Zest” ad.. “hey Ironhead – What’s this little thingy for?”

15. bluzdude
    April 29, 2011 7:06 pm

Just got to actually watch the video. You can see how proud he was to get picked by our Stillers.

Just one thing though regarding someone in the background… if you’re going to hold up a Terrible Towel on national television, would it be too much to ask to hold the damned thing right-side up?

16. windy city steel city
    May 1, 2011 8:36 am

@bluzdude: beat me to it.
    notice how one of his minions tried to get in front of him to be on tv? love it when friends and family become fame whores. his phone probably rang off hook, “dude, hook me up with tix, yo?”

May 1, 2011 9:22 am

I always wanted Ironhead to be a Steeler so he could change the nickname to Steelhead. Life doesn’t give many second chances, we should be grateful for one when it comes along.

Ladies and gents, I give you:

Steelhead Heyward

18. jann
    May 1, 2011 10:03 am

Yes bucdaddy! That get’s my vote!

19. Amber
    May 1, 2011 6:46 pm

My mom taught with his grandma and his grandpa was the best representative the Pittsburgh Federation of Teachers ever had. They are wonderful people.

20. CrashJK
    May 2, 2011 9:03 am

Did this kid sell/trade uniform or team shit for tats and cash too ??? It’s the Ohio State way !!!