Dear Rashard, delete your twitter account. Part II.

Disclaimer: I wrote this post from My Angry Place. Read at your own risk. Maybe tomorrow I’ll write one from My Happy Place.

Dear Rashard,

Let’s have a look at some of your more controversial tweets, shall we?

We shall! Away we go!

That was a fun day.

Here’s some recent ones that are extra special.

Is “respect” what the kids are calling it these days?

Rashard, are you having trouble controlling your woman or something? Poor baby. Twitter is a great place to talk about that. SUPER CLASSY for a man supposed to be a role model for the younger set.

And then today, this:

The whole viewpoint that we shouldn’t celebrate Bin Laden’s death is an absolute valid opinion. Truly.

But then you go on.

My thoughts, Rashard:

1. My father is a PREACHER and he does not preach nearly as much as you do.

2. I love it that you go from preaching to us ladies that if we don’t give our man oral sex to his liking and frequency, then it’s our fault if he chooses not to be with us (I’d love to read a white paper from you called Swallow versus Spit. PDF that shit and email it to me.) to preaching about God, all in the span of 24 hours. That’s hilarious in a sad kind of way.

3. You, as an American, are free to say anything you want. Thank every soldier ever for that. Have any opinion you want, but sheesh! Just because you THINK it DOESN’T MEAN YOU HAVE TO TWEET IT.

You’re a Steeler for the love of God. What broke in your brain that caused you to think that this is cool and a good way to represent the team? This is not your private account. This is the account you had VERIFIED BY TWITTER so that all would know this is the REAL Rashard’s account.

You have to live by different rules than regular people. If you’re Joe Dick from Bellbibboppity, PA, then that’s fine; tweet your crazy theories about airplanes and your intellectual thoughts about the availability of on-demand oral sex’s affects on healthy relationships to your heart’s desire. No one will give a crap. But as a representative of the Steelers, you have got to be more careful of what you tweet. I can’t believe you don’t realize that.

4. Would you say these things out loud to Sports Illustrated in an interview? I bet my Franco Harris autographed jersey that you wouldn’t.

5. If I had to choose between being stranded on an island with you or Jeff Reed, I pick Jeff Reed every day and twelve times on Thursday. That’s saying a lot. With Jeff, we’d get drunk and get crazy and probably go swimming naked. With you, I’d have to listen to your oral sex sermons in which you quote Song of Solomon and then end with, “All you bitches, take my shots. Amen.”

6. Delete your twitter. You’re not teaching anyone anything. You’re not an intellectual. You’re not widening our horizons with tweets about women, oral sex, slavery, God, or what “really” happened on 9-11.

You’re coming across as a judgmental, douchebaggy mysoginist and the last time I checked, that’s not what the Steelers or Pittsburgh want to stand for.

7. By the way, you can email that whitepaper to virginia@kissmyass.com.

Yours,

Me.

1. nycldenise
    May 2, 2011 7:17 pm

AMEN!

2. keystone3
    May 2, 2011 7:17 pm

And THAT is church! Well said across the board

3. Rachel
    May 2, 2011 7:20 pm

::clapping:: Thank you!!!

4. Sarah
    May 2, 2011 7:21 pm

hope he never plays another down in this city. can we trade him for mark ingram?

5. Lee
    May 2, 2011 7:22 pm

Nicely done.

6. Randy
    May 2, 2011 7:26 pm

I think you let him off kind of easy. Embarrassed that he’s a Steeler.

7. TB
    May 2, 2011 7:33 pm

Stupid is as stupid does. It would not surprise me if Rooney had him apologize and then traded him like Plaxico and Santonio.

8. Rick
    May 2, 2011 7:34 pm

Read incoming pitt point guard John johnsons tweets last night. Makes retard mendenhall tweets look plain.

9. red pen mama
    May 2, 2011 7:36 pm

As a side-note, I just have to say that I’m surprised Mendenhall is a 9/11 truther. I mean, his scintillating comments on oral sex and slavery aside, I thought that was an interesting tweet. But, hey, America is the land of conspiracy theorists, from Birthers to Trig Truthers.

Kinda embarrassed for him.

Also: God bless America. N’at.

10. Cole
    May 2, 2011 7:43 pm

Not a fan.

11. Jamie
    May 2, 2011 7:50 pm

Could not have said it better myself. I read his tweets and sometimes wonder if he’s already had a career-ending head injury.

12. Burghbird
    May 2, 2011 7:51 pm

Maybe he did just enough damage to himself to open up a roster spot for my candidate for the next Awesome Burgher, 7th Round Draft Pick Baron Batch, who in his young 22 years, has already started his own nonprofit sponsoring educational opportunities for Hatian children, and wrote a newspaper column in the fall so inspiring that it literally stopped a man just minutes away from committing suicide. Remember, Rashard, everybody is replaceable.

13. VAgirl
    May 2, 2011 7:52 pm

Ginny I agree but did someone piss in your wheaties this morning. Your angry at the pres and now cause mendenhall is a sexist jerk who happens to be an idiot. Go hug your babies. I really think we all need some sunshine. This weather is getting us all down.

14. Kate
    May 2, 2011 7:52 pm

PREACH.

15. DG
    May 2, 2011 7:53 pm

The Steelers should insert a no-Twitter-clause in every contract for every player. Sports was such a happier place before social media when the only people who knew the players were douchebags were their friends and family.

16. Marc
    May 2, 2011 7:55 pm

I’m totally impressed with anyone who can work mysogynist into the rant, a word which Rashard probably believes is the chic who rubs his junk before performing oral sex.

17. Virginia
    May 2, 2011 8:02 pm

Vagirl,

I’m not mad at the president. I was just joking about that. That whole post was meant to be funny. I mean, I really WAS worried about all the things that could have prompted the president to speak to the nation, but I of course realize why they can’t tell us in advance if it’s good or bad news.

It was just a joke. I thought the President handled it wonderfully and I thought his speech was fantastic.

My babies have been hugged as always, and my cereal has not been pissed into, thank you.

18. Dave
    May 2, 2011 8:05 pm

and Marc with the winner!

19. redram1
    May 2, 2011 8:10 pm

How would God feel about my heart? Hmm…I dunno. I’ll ask him right after your woman is done “respecting” me.;)

20. Katie B.
    May 2, 2011 8:11 pm

This. Is. Awesome.

21. Burghbird
    May 2, 2011 8:13 pm

redram1: NOW THAT’s CHURCH!

22. Borski88
    May 2, 2011 8:14 pm

I agree with this, I hope you don’t mind but I posted the link to my friends on the the Steeler Universe forum.

Mendy needs to just shut up. He’s entitled to his own opinion but he also is representing an organisation and what he says reflects badly on the Steelers and Pittsburgh as a whole.

23. Alethea
    May 2, 2011 8:23 pm

That’s Church.

I was appalled when I caught up on my Twitter feed yesterday!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, that doesn’t mean it should always be stated in a public forum.

24. MadMax
    May 2, 2011 8:24 pm

1) Instead of burying Osama at sea I’d have wrapped him bacon and dropped on Mecca!

2) I have noticed that women tend to lose 20 lbs. and start giving head again right after a break-up,
    just sayin’.

25. Cassie
    May 2, 2011 8:27 pm

I’m surprised he didn’t one say “Choke a bitch.” I’m a bit disappointed.

26. Tiffany
    May 2, 2011 8:29 pm

he is such a douche.

27. Rachel
    May 2, 2011 8:29 pm

Easy as 1-2-3.
    and #5. definitely 1,2,3, & 5.
    i remember seeing those first 4 tweets and simply not knowing how to react out of shock. i just expect people to have more sense.
    stupid benefit-of-the-doubt…

28. Crystal
    May 2, 2011 8:32 pm

Rashard makes me proud to be a Steeler fan!! WOOT!! Speak Truth !!!
    “Read Everything ,
    Listen to Everybody ,
    Don’t Trust Anything
    Unless You Can Prove It
    With Your Own Research “
    -William Cooper

29. Spanky
    May 2, 2011 8:51 pm

Best thing that Tomlin can do is run this punk ass bitch until his wheels come off. We’ll get the use, and he’ll get is reward

30. Bobby
    May 2, 2011 9:02 pm

Ginny,

You know I love ya, but I can’t disagree with you more.

31. AmericanNonTerroristMuslim
    May 2, 2011 9:02 pm

That rap him in bacon and dropped on mecca comment was very very hateful,racist,and prejudice. I am a muslim born and raised on this soil and love it as much as the rest of you but how dare you criticize my religion b/c for your kind info neiter I or most muslims consider him to be a true muslim b/c he changes the words of our book to use it for his own evil intentions. We as Americans should have respected the religion as a whole and buried him according to his beliefs. It is up to God to determine his punishment in the afterlife not us. And if you would do yourself a favor and actually read our holy book before you critiicize it you would find that it is almost a copy of the bible. With the same stories you grew up learning.

32. Mr. Chucky
    May 2, 2011 9:05 pm

Who is the judgmental one here?

33. the dude
    May 2, 2011 9:14 pm

Disagree all you want, but anyone who wants Mendenhall out for this is dumber than what they proclaim him to be. That’s church. And I’m referring to the comments, not the blogger. Btw, I disagree with him but there’s no reason to cut or trade him over any of this.

34. America
    May 2, 2011 9:15 pm

Anything about 9/11 or Bin Laden, the tweets about women are ignorant. I didn’t know adults spoke that way. He should be ashamed of himself. Maybe he should concentrate more on his skills so he can hang onto the football and be more consistent this year.

35. America
    May 2, 2011 9:17 pm

Oops typo! Last comment should have said “Anything about 9/11 or Bin Laden ASIDE . . . ” Apologies.

36. Burghthing
    May 2, 2011 9:29 pm

Since when is muslim a “race”? I thought they kept telling us its a religion, that’s why they allowed to behind their wives.

37. Vivian formerly NYLuvsPitts
    May 2, 2011 10:24 pm

huh??? His tweets are so manic!!! #crazy!!! smdh!!!

38. Me
    May 2, 2011 10:52 pm

Rasheed,

Please shut up and just run the ball.

Thanks.

39. MM
    May 2, 2011 10:56 pm

Everyone certainly is entitled to their opinions, but his comments about the women, etc. is just plan STUPID. If he feels that way, fine…but to publicly say these things.

40. bluzdude
    May 2, 2011 11:28 pm

He should think of every half-cocked tweet he sends as going directly to Mr. Rooney… which is the Twitter version of “Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?”

41. Christina
    May 3, 2011 4:41 am

Unfollowed Mendenhall months ago. Seems to be a smart decision.

42. histortweet
    May 3, 2011 5:48 am

He just needs to go.

43. The Right Honorable Member for, The Very Reverend Mother Her Duchal Serene Highness, Dr, Hortense Sussudio Fuckerfaster said
    May 3, 2011 6:10 am

No Rashard, do not delete your account. Do not let any one bully you into thinking you don’t have a right to express your opinions because of what you do for a living. The issue, and issues are truly theirs, not yours. You are not a role model, unless you choose to be. Do not let others make that choice for you, because it fits into their construct of who you are supposed to be, and how you are supposed to act. They don’t own you. The irony of that is, these are the same people who got mad at you for talking about that. They kind of are proving your point.

Hmmmm.

as to the points presented.
    so it takes Mr. Mendenhall talking about blow jobs to activate someone’s daddy issues. interesting. It seems like the person accusing you of preaching is jealous of the size of your ummm,congregation. They don’t need to follow you just because they happen to be interested, in what you happen to do for a living. If oral sex is your criteria for the women you date, that is your right, don’t let the non-qualifiers tell you how to run your race.Amazing a woman who isn’t having sex with you thinking she has the right to boss you around. oh, well, plenty of other fish in the sea, i guess that preacher’s daughter thing wears off at some point, because up to a certain age, that was always guaranteed to be a good time. but don’t delete the twitter, its the people who are telling you what to do with it, that have the inflated sense of entitlement.

44. YinzerInExile
    May 3, 2011 6:30 am

Eh. So Mendy voices certain opinions in a manner that could perhaps be described as immature. I don’t personally find any of it offensive–they’re his opinions. *shrug* Yes, *having* them doesn’t require him to give them voice, but seriously: Twitter was basically invented to foster inane chatter. Those are the inane things that were on his mind at the moment. Having access to Twitter also doesn’t mean you need to read what someone says.

Being a Steeler doesn’t mean you hang your personality and opinions at the door. It’s an organization made up of many unique individuals, with varying opinions and ways of expressing them. And I’m going to hazard that most of them want blow jobs. Yes, we’ve been spoiled by some awesome teams and team members, but Burghers need to chill, I think, with their expectation of perfection. He’s a young guy who perhaps phrased his desires and opinions in a manner some will construe as inappropriate. Maybe he *is* a misogynist (I don’t think oral sex as a personal requirement means you hate women)–I don’t know. But donning the hypercycloids doesn’t mean you’re never allowed to have goofy opinions or state them in a manner that many Burghers might find offputting.

Also, @MadMax– As a non-muslim, American human being: you embarrass me.

45. VAgirl
    May 3, 2011 7:13 am

Virgnia, I realize that you meant to be humorous and appreciate it. My “pissed in wheaties” reference was meant to be taken in the same light. As with the babies, I was under the impression that children bring you great joy and was hoping that doing or even just imagining hugging them would make your day better, as per your disclaimer. I hope today will be better for you. -V

46. Dana
    May 3, 2011 8:19 am

I guess Mendenhall took it upon himself to be the new team douchebag since Ben is settling down (and found Jesus), Skippy Skeeve is out in California and Santonio took his talents (and his weed) to NYC.

47. Dan (Not Onorato)
    May 3, 2011 8:33 am

And thats one of the many reasons why I think Twitter is stupid.

48. redram1
    May 3, 2011 8:46 am

I’ve said it all along…twitter is for twits.