I’m easily entertained.

Reader Jennifer sent me a link to this WPXI video and told me to start watching closely at the :58 mark. Keep watching. Keep watching.

And then BAM!

I don’t want to spoil it for you, so just go watch it.

Three questions:

1. I showed this video to my husband and my sister and neither of them found it as funny as I did. I mean, I’ve watched it like twenty times and have laughed uproariously each time. Just me?  UPDATE: In the comments, my sister Tina Fey says she didn’t even chuckle! WHAT’S WRONG WITH ME?!

2. Do you love this dude as much as I do? I love people who do things I could never do. Even if I had the physical ability to actually do that, I don’t think my brain would ever let me do anything remotely close to that. Not even a victory sign in the background. And here’s this dude, in the rain, doing whatever the hell he wants.

3. Gasp! Maybe he’s a ninja on the hunt for taser-resistant drunks?

1. Christina
    May 4, 2011 5:15 pm

1) I think it is funny the Monthy Python way of funny. You know when you watch the ufo just flying through a scene and a minute later you think “Wait? What did that ufo do there?”
    I definitely think it is very funny.

2) Butler is must be one of the happiest places on earth when they do seriously 1.38 min in the TV news with some guy stealing random stuff with the help of a diaper bag. Seriously.

2. Butcher's Dog
    May 4, 2011 5:35 pm

Unless prices have soared, $47.25 worth of empty beer cans adds up to One Metric Shitload! I’m thinking a pickup worth, and that’s if they’re crushed and bagged. They had to be full. And @spoon is correct: if you drink good beer (like, ahem, me) you don’t steal and don’t have to steal.

3. Manda
    May 4, 2011 7:04 pm

Maybe it is the mom in me, and my being a fun vampire… but all I thought was “he could have gotten hurt!”… yet, I know I would have laughed had he fallen.

4. whiney
    May 4, 2011 9:57 pm

Y can’t I see it?! I’m always a dollar too short or a moment too late!

5. Virginia Hendricks
    May 4, 2011 10:02 pm

thanks for pointing that out! I missed it the first time! TOO Funny!

6. Crazy Hat Bitch
    May 4, 2011 10:38 pm

Hysterical

7. Sharlene
    May 4, 2011 11:30 pm

That. Was. Great! It was so unexpected, I spit my tea out and laughed!

8. Dan (Not Onorato)
    May 5, 2011 8:34 am

Meh…just another chucklehead that wanted to get on TV.

I think if it would have been funnier if:

A. He didnt stick the landing
    B. There would have been a shopping cart involved
    C. He was wearing a ninja suit
    OR….
    D. He was dressed in a ninja suit and stuck the landing in a shopping.

Otherwise…didnt impress me

9. Dan (Not Onorato)
    May 5, 2011 8:35 am

dang…

OR…

D. He was dressed in a ninja suit and stuck the landing in a shopping cart.

10. Ya Jagoff
    May 5, 2011 8:44 am

I gave him a 9.1. However, the Russian Judge (Alex Ovechkin-cuz he has nothing better to do now) gave him a 5.

11. Steverino
    May 5, 2011 9:38 am

Well, at least it was a spark in an otherwise typical WPXI “news” report. “Disturbing!” “You’ll only see on 11!” “Exclusive!” “Channel 11 did some digging…” “Your children are in danger!” Really, is this a regional story? I know, I know…. they have three hours to fill and need something.

Sadly, this is the state of local TV news across the country.

May 5, 2011 10:21 am

Amy looking harsh reminds me: Is it Renee Kaminski with all the blonde hair who keeps getting sent out on assignment on the windiest days of the year (at least that I see)? Girlfriend, can’t you either get a haircut or wear it tied back? It’s distracting trying to watch a report by Cousin It.

Thank you.

May 5, 2011 10:24 am

B-Dog,

Maybe they meant $47.25 of canned beer? Which is like a pallet load of Bud Lime (gag). I gotta admire the guy who can walk out of a store with THAT in his pants.

h/t spoon.

Steverino:

Beano Cook’s three worst inventions of the 20th century:

1. Income tax

2. Artificial turf

3. Local news

14. Butcher's Dog
    May 5, 2011 11:41 am

Bud Lime qualifies as beer?!?! Who knew?

15. sleepgh
    May 5, 2011 1:48 pm

My husband and I were watching the news live and both looked at each other like wtf? We had to rewind and watch it over and over. So funny!

16. JennyMoon
    May 6, 2011 12:27 pm

“It’s distracting trying to watch a report by Cousin It.” – awesome!

17. Smooter
    May 6, 2011 5:42 pm

I like how they’re using the screen capture of him about to do his flip as the actual frozen frame before you click to watch the video… Nice.

18. b-girl
    June 29, 2011 12:04 am

I didn’t laugh, but only because I was too busy expecting something else (I vacation in that area every year and tend to expect certain things due to my only interaction with the locals being trips to Walmart for groceries and camp supplies).