I’m easily entertained.

Reader Jennifer sent me a link to this WPXI video and told me to start watching closely at the :58 mark. Keep watching. Keep watching.

And then BAM!

I don’t want to spoil it for you, so just go watch it.

Three questions:

1. I showed this video to my husband and my sister and neither of them found it as funny as I did. I mean, I’ve watched it like twenty times and have laughed uproariously each time. Just me?  UPDATE: In the comments, my sister Tina Fey says she didn’t even chuckle! WHAT’S WRONG WITH ME?!

2. Do you love this dude as much as I do? I love people who do things I could never do. Even if I had the physical ability to actually do that, I don’t think my brain would ever let me do anything remotely close to that. Not even a victory sign in the background. And here’s this dude, in the rain, doing whatever the hell he wants.

3. Gasp! Maybe he’s a ninja on the hunt for taser-resistant drunks?

1. Jill M
    May 4, 2011 12:30 pm

Thank you for that – I needed a good laugh!

2. Tina Fey
    May 4, 2011 12:40 pm

Ginger, I did not even chuckle. Maybe it’s all the tequila you put in your Nutella.

3. gunnlino
    May 4, 2011 12:42 pm

Only in the Burgh, we played it back many, many times, lmao every time .

4. Virginia
    May 4, 2011 12:42 pm

Tina,

YOU TOO?!? I swear there’s something wrong with me. I mean, I could watch it again right now and will burst out laughing.

I think I need help. My sense of humor is broke and is making everything funny.

I wonder if Dad will laugh?

5. RJQ
    May 4, 2011 12:45 pm

I LOL’d

6. Julie
    May 4, 2011 12:49 pm

Wow….not to be rude but….Amy Marcinkewicz (sp) is looking kinda rough, eh? She always annoyed the crap outta me. She could be doing a story on a flower at Phipps but she made it sound like it wasn’t actually a flower but a spy for the CIA…and she got the exclusive!

7. Butcher's Dog
    May 4, 2011 12:52 pm

If that kid had been part of a flash mob doing that, I’d suspect Cirque du Soleil somehow. As it stands I’m considering it a random act of gymnastics.

8. Kacie
    May 4, 2011 12:56 pm

HAHA! Loved it. LOLed.

9. CrashJK
    May 4, 2011 12:58 pm

Funny stuff ! Also laughed at Super K….who shops at KMart anymore ?!?!

Sadly, I know where that store is

10. Noelle
    May 4, 2011 12:58 pm

I chuckled. It’s funnier in retrospect.

11. G-Man
    May 4, 2011 1:00 pm

Well, I didn’t laugh. But I did shake my head – much like I do at the attention-seeking bozos who stand behind the anchors of NBC’s Today Show when they are on the plaza.

12. Becca
    May 4, 2011 1:01 pm

I totally laughed, thanks for sharing!

13. rickh
    May 4, 2011 1:03 pm

I’d rather see sweet moves like that in the background than some tool on a cell phone.

And your sister just ruined tequila for me. Nutella=gross. Tequila=bliss.

14. inBrookline
    May 4, 2011 1:09 pm

That’s good stuff. Keep in mind you grew up in a home with double strawberry wallpaper… obviously your family members have a difficult time recognizing obvious humor.

15. Virginia
    May 4, 2011 1:10 pm

BAZINGA! I think inBrookline might win this one.

May 4, 2011 1:10 pm

The two things about that video that made me laugh much more than ninja gymnast:

1. They blurred out the baby’s face? Look, I don’t have anything against kids, but to me every baby looks exactly like every other baby I’ve ever seen. When someone shows me a baby picture and says, “Isn’t he aDORable?!?” I always say, “Yep, he looks just like a baby.” The odds that I’d see that kid rolling down the sidewalk in a stroller and actually say, “Hey, didn’t I see you on TV?” Zero.

I bet I’m not alone here, am I, guys?

2. I guarantee you that dude wasn’t shoplifting GOOD beer. Shoplifters never do. When I’m reading the police blotter in my newspaper, I notice that if someone boosts beer out of a store and the report mentions what kind of beer it was, it’s always Bud or Miller or similar crap. And I think to myself, “If you’re going to go to prison for stealing beer, why not make it GOOD beer, for heaven’s sake?” It’s bad enough to be a crook, that’s a crime, but to be a crook with terrible taste, that’s a sin.

17. Tina Fey
    May 4, 2011 1:13 pm

inBrookline, you may be right. However, if he had fallen on his ass I would have thought that was funny. (Gin, can I say “ass” on here?) I live in a house with all boys, so we naturally associate pain with humor. Mature, I know.

18. Virginia
    May 4, 2011 1:19 pm

Marcia/Tina, TAMMY SAID THE EXACT SAME THING! “It would have been funnier if he fell,” is what she said.

19. Magnus Patris
    May 4, 2011 1:25 pm

I was hoping his friend would come by next riding in a shopping cart.

20. tw
    May 4, 2011 1:27 pm

Bucdaddy…I totally agree! I thought the blurring of the baby’s face was too funny and yes (even though I’m a proud parent of 3) I think all babies look alike! Well…maybe there’s a few exceptions.

21. jennviolet
    May 4, 2011 1:28 pm

Awesome! I laughed. Thanks for sharing!

22. Ali
    May 4, 2011 1:31 pm

Awesome. I found that hilarious; however, I was waiting for him to come through again with a better tumbling pass.

23. Sue
    May 4, 2011 1:38 pm

Can’t. Stop. Laughing.

24. Virginia
    May 4, 2011 1:41 pm

I just watched it again. STILL FUNNY.

25. MizzPenz
    May 4, 2011 1:43 pm

Real. Tears. Crying. Laughing.

26. JenniferR
    May 4, 2011 1:48 pm

When I saw that on the news I laughed so hard I cried. I was starting to think why are they talking to this woman and then BAM! I would not even walk behind the woman if the camera was there but this kid just does a flip, in the rain, and sticks the landing. Hysterical.

27. Lindsay
    May 4, 2011 2:00 pm

I totally laughed out loud and watched it again.

28. Chuck
    May 4, 2011 2:03 pm

classic

29. lovesthenorthside
    May 4, 2011 2:04 pm

i think it’s great!

however, the “news” story shows why 2-1/2 hours of local news is wayyyy toooo long…unless you have random acts of gymnastics tucked away here and there.

30. red pen mama
    May 4, 2011 2:08 pm

I smiled a little at the kid — do you think he did it for the camera, or was it more random? I think more random. He was probably just as surprised as Ginny was to see himself on the news.

I did, however, laugh aloud at bucdaddy’s comment. I’m outraged!* My bebes all looked TOTALLY different and beautiful and you would totally agree with me! *shakes motherly fist*

*satire alert

Also, I want to know if they had to edit out the camera man saying “holy $h!t!”

31. DisplacedFromPitt
    May 4, 2011 2:15 pm

Reminds me of when you are shopping on ebay and you suddenly realize the product images of the are being shadowed by an attention grabbing pair of boobs…at least when I have bought sports tickets half of them seem that way.

32. Kristie
    May 4, 2011 2:18 pm

OMG, I am doing the full body shake as I try to stifle my laughter at work. Thanks for posting this, I needed a good laugh.

33. Lisa
    May 4, 2011 2:18 pm

I laughed. And then replayed and laughed again!

34. spoon
    May 4, 2011 2:19 pm

@bucdaddy people who drink Good Beer don’t steal :) just sayin…

35. Virginia
    May 4, 2011 2:20 pm

You guys, we should make Random Acts of Gymnastics a thing.

I want to see more awesomeness like this.

36. LaReina
    May 4, 2011 2:26 pm

I’m wondering about the theft of beer cans: $47.25!!! Thank goodness Amy mentioned – and emphasized – the 25 cents.

Were they full or empty?

37. gOOD hUMOUR
    May 4, 2011 2:29 pm

Virginia – I usually share your sense of humour… but I got nothing out of this… not even a smirk. Sorry…

38. NewBurgher
    May 4, 2011 2:37 pm

@bucdaddy LOL!!

This is why I love living here. Shoplifting $107 worth of crap from a KMart actually makes the news, and you get a flip thrown in as well! The flip was great because it was funny and proves you can make people laugh without being gross or obscene, and the whole thing was hilarious, as well as the blurred out baby face. Good grief – you could still make the kid out anyway! LOL

39. Melissa
    May 4, 2011 2:42 pm

Ha! Love it. I saw it last night when it first aired. I paused it until my husband came in from outside and then rewound it and made him watch it. We both LAUGHED!!! It’s something we would have both done/tried…30 years ago of course. :)

40. AngryMongo
    May 4, 2011 2:47 pm

He was LARPing Metroid!

41. RaeBeth
    May 4, 2011 2:49 pm

I think it was funny. I watched it twice and show my sister also… we both laughed again.

42. Carley
    May 4, 2011 2:52 pm

That was hilarious!

43. Katie
    May 4, 2011 3:06 pm

OMG this is hilarious on SO many levels.

a. Yinzer lady who is the retail “expert” is being interviewed next to an SUV with a Pens sticker.
    b. Random ninja boy.
    c. And then, my favorite quote, “We don’t know if this man is down on his luck or something else, but we did learn he’s not married and doesn’t have a job.”

@kristie , I am also doing the full-body-shake-laugh silently at my desk. CANT. STOP. WATCHING. hahahaha…

44. peajay
    May 4, 2011 3:14 pm

LMAO!!!! Too funny! I wasn’t sure what to expect but that was NOT it. LOVED it!!

45. Ry Co 40
    May 4, 2011 3:16 pm

lol. i chuckled a bit.

and how is this statement NOT rude? LMAO:

“Wow….not to be rude but….Amy Marcinkewicz (sp) is looking kinda rough, eh? ”

kinda rough in a good way? tool…

46. Karlee
    May 4, 2011 3:27 pm

I laughed! That kid is gonna be a legend at his high school for the whole next week. I bet the “retail expert” is pissed that some punk kid stole her spotlight.

May 4, 2011 3:58 pm

thanks for breaking it down for us, katie. nailed it.

btw, virginia, I think that it’s cool that you and your family have little family reunions here like this.

48. B @ Six-Hundred Sq Ft & The City
    May 4, 2011 4:23 pm

Only in Butler Twp!

P.S.– Have you checked out the latest clever proposal??

49. Lindsay
    May 4, 2011 4:49 pm

Hmm… I didn’t laugh at all either. I mean, it’s impressive, no doubt. I just didn’t think it was HIGH-larious. What’s my problem?