Love in Market Square

I love flash mobs, this one a proposal near Market Square that will make your heart feel super happy.

Yes, moms and dads, I just quoted Ni Hao, Kai Lan.

[throws signs]

Point Park students rule.

I love the couple near the beginning trying to walk around the first dancer all, “WTF IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW?!”

(h/t UltimaSandraDee/Vivian)

1. Jenna
    May 5, 2011 3:02 pm

That’s such an awesome proposal!!! Congrats to them!

2. Butcher's Dog
    May 5, 2011 3:08 pm

They never say “No”, do they?

I thought the couple at the beginning was more like, “All this space out here and this bitch won’t stand still long enough to let us get past!” But that’s just me, I guess.

Flash mob must take more planning than meets the eye. Two different cameras, music playing from somewhere, practiced dance routine. Too bad City Council can’t work that well. Just sayin’.

3. Cassie
    May 5, 2011 3:21 pm

I totally thought the guy proposing was Mayor Luke for a split second.

4. Burgh Bird
    May 5, 2011 4:15 pm

Yay! When I was in high school and college, I babysat Kevin. I’d like to think it was my influence that inspired his genious, but I doubt playing sock hockey in the living room had anything to do with it. By the way, big ups to the Point Park dancers.

5. Sooska
    May 5, 2011 4:42 pm

what year was this? I ask because it isn’t raining; in fact, the sky is bright and the pavement dry.

6. Ali
    May 5, 2011 4:48 pm

Definitely wasn’t expecting the proposal. That was fantastic.

7. Ali
    May 5, 2011 4:48 pm

And yes, I realize you said that at the beginning, but still wasn’t expecting it.

8. NicoleinTallahassee
    May 5, 2011 4:57 pm

That was AWESOME!!!! I absolutely adore this!

9. parking chair
    May 5, 2011 5:36 pm

Great effort, but i suspect that any marriage proposal – and hence, marriage – that begins with a Black Eyed Peas song is doomed to failure.

10. Julie
    May 5, 2011 5:59 pm

When was this? I was walking through Market Square today, and something was going on the opposite end of where I was, but I didn’t bother to go over and check it out.

11. Burgh Bird
    May 5, 2011 7:11 pm

Julie- They did it on Saturday.

12. rickh
    May 5, 2011 7:50 pm

This is a lot nicer to have than the flash mob bandits in DC and Vegas. I guess that would be more like the old Market Square.

13. AngryMongo
    May 6, 2011 9:07 am

I love it when people don’t understand the concept of a flash mob and just decide to participate all on their own, only to be scuttled by the rest of the mob. It reeks of Michael Scott painful awkwardness.