Random n’at

1. Late and brief posting today because BUSY BUSY BUSY. This month has been insane with meetings and appointments and events and life, and trying to get the restaurant ready to go by early June on top of all of that has left me completely insane.

Straightjacket insane. A handful of pills in a Dixie cup twice a day insane.

KILLING BEES WITH MY TENNIS RACKET, INSANE.

This insanity caused me to screw my calendar up and forget that I had Cirque du Soleil tickets for last night. I remembered too late and missed out on what I hear was a fabulous show.

On the bright side, look at all these bee carcasses.

[awkward kung fu moves]

2. These are the ads currently on the front of the Post-Gazette’s home page.

I don’t know which is scarier, the Hulk on steroids, the lady being exorcised of her demons or Ben Roethlisberger’s fug, gross tarantula hair.

Either way, I’m not clicking on ANY of those things.

3. *** ***** *** ****** Regis Philbin ********* score ***** *** ****. *** son of a bitch ** *** curse ** ********** balls on a stick **** ** tennis racket!!!!!

4. It is widely reported that Rashard Mendenhall was a sports management major in college, but he insists that isn’t so:

But he never says what his real major was and now I’m wondering if it was something awesome like cosmetology. Or hair.

5. You have seven hours left at this writing to take advantage of one of the greatest Groupons ever, in my opinion.

80s Tees!

A local company that makes shirts that make me squeee particularly because of any one of these Princess Bride shirts.

HOW CAN YOU CHOOSE ONE?!

Inconceivable.

6. Kordell Stewart was arrested for speeding and driving with a suspended license in Atlanta.

His PR firm assured us that Kordell’s eyes have been opened to the error of his ways, and also:

In an additional note, Stewart’s PR firm said he will marry 29-year-old Porsha Williams on May 21 in Atlanta.

That seems pertinent.

7. ***** ****** *** benched ******** *** * **** ** hustle.

Amazing!

*** ****** love *** *** [fist bump]!

8. Didn’t I once get so fed up with high gas prices that I had the incredibly genius idea that we should all start riding horses again?

Let’s revisit that.

I want a black one named The Situation.

Hook a girl up.

May 13, 2011 1:35 am

How “early June” are we talking about? Because I’ll be up there for the ballgames on June 4-5 and to visit relatives June 6 and you’re right across the river.

2. AngryMongo
    May 13, 2011 7:35 am

Did I miss something with the asteriks?

Oh, 80sTees, I wish I had your license abilities. Sadly, my Princess Bride Tees must be more obscure. :(

3. tito
    May 13, 2011 8:17 am

I guess Rashard’s Player Bio is false

Personal: Full name is Rashard Jamal Mendenhall … Son of Walter and Sibyl Mendenhall … Born on June 19, 1987 … Older brother, Walter, also is a member of the Illini football team … Majoring in sport management.

I guess it can be false if he never finished…

4. Virginia
    May 13, 2011 8:19 am

Angry Mongo,

I’m not supposed to say or write anything about the Buccos until they reach .500 ball again. So I’m redacting it hoping you can figure out what I’m saying using the context words. ;)

5. Joey Porter's Pit Bulls
    May 13, 2011 9:35 am

I wonder if Kordell was driving a Porsha?

I feel kinda bad for Kordell, but why does he need a PR firm (publicist)? He seems to be doing a fine job getting publicity all on his own. An inquiring nation wants to know: Does this mean he won’t be driving to his wedding on May 21?

As far as what Rashard’s major may or may not have been, really, does it matter? Must say this for him, though: He has a knack for drawing attention to himself. He probably doesn’t even need a publicist!

6. 61Bee
    May 13, 2011 10:00 am

Ginny,

I must confess that as a kid, I spent many a splendid hour hunting bumblebees and dicing them with a tennis raquet.

7. red pen mama
    May 13, 2011 11:01 am

My husband has the “Hello” name tag shirt. My parents gave it to him one Christmas. How cool are my parents?

I’m sure Kordell’s future bride is stoked to be mentioned in that news article. (not)

8. AngryMongo
    May 13, 2011 3:55 pm

Ahhh, all makey sense now. After closer inspection it clearly says,

“Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.”