Immortalized, by Lego

I know it’s not good of me to say because I should be a mature mom-adult and say, “Tsk,” but this dude who ran into the field on the Pirates home opener day is AWESOME.

Because he did it with such joy. He ran with abandon, smiling, pointing at each Pirate he passed all, “YOU! ROCK!”

He managed to evade security with some sweet pivot and hopping moves …

before slipping and falling and isn’t that how it always ends in the horror movies? Running from whatever is chasing you and then you slip and fall and the audience shouts at you for being a clumsy fool and then it’s all over.

(Getty Images)

My nephew, who we’ve discussed before, is a HUGE sports fan. Like I’ve never known a kid could be as obsessed with all sports as this kid. He can quote obscure players of any sport, stats, win/loss records, batting averages, etc. So he watches a lot of Sports Center with his dad and therefore he’s seen lots of awesome video highlights of fans charging various fields from baseball to football.

Which explains why he made this while playing Legos at the Birthday Party of Cozy Coupe Hell.

Yes, if you look closely, he’s being tased with an orange Lego.

I thought the wife beater and eye patch were a nice bad-guy touch.

So, who eventually won? The security or the fan?

Well …

I guess he’s not one of those taser-resistant drunks.

May 17, 2011 9:54 am

Your nephew is righteous, but Batgirl and her Legovision were the best.

I especially like the recreation of the brawl between the Twins and the Bitch Sox.

Batgirl retired to mommyhood. I miss Batgirl.

2. bluzdude
    May 17, 2011 9:58 am

No wonder the Lego Cops caught him. That eyepatch made him run in circles.

May 17, 2011 10:28 am

bluzdude,

Hah! That’s funny.

4. Aileen
    May 17, 2011 10:29 am

Does your nephew have the James Harrison body-slamming the Cleveland Browns’ fan version of Legos?

That’s where all the Lego people in the stands have sad faces – because they’re in Cleveland, their team stinks and the Steelers literally and figuratively dismantling them.

5. PG Wodehouse
    May 17, 2011 10:54 am

Bring out the Gimp.

6. facie
    May 17, 2011 11:01 am

That is so freaking funny, which is just what I needed today. All the sunshine and May temps were bringing me down.

7. Kathy
    May 17, 2011 12:02 pm

It seems your nephew may have been the most observant and productive male in the house that day. (Sorry Ginny’s Dad)

8. TripleC
    May 17, 2011 12:15 pm

So all the hoopla about the battling Bucs playing .500 ball can now be firmly put to rest until May 2012? Jokes.

9. cheryl
    May 17, 2011 12:17 pm

I love your nephew!!!!

10. Aileen
    May 17, 2011 12:17 pm

Ginny,

Maybe your nephew would like to re-create Fireworks Night in Cincinnati. We went to see the Pirates play at Great American three years ago over Memorial Day weekend.

After the game, being Pittsburghers, we stayed for fireworks. They don’t shoot them from barges on the river – they shoot them much closer to the stadium. As a result, there’s a lot of smoke in the stadium as the show goes on.

Next thing you know, two guys jump out of the stands and start running across the field, chased by two of Cincy’s finest.

You could see the police officers because they wear white shirts. Well, they tasered those suckers in no time, dropping them in their tracks and getting a huge ovation from the crowd.

11. bluzdude
    May 17, 2011 1:34 pm

I wonder if fans ever run out on the fields in Texas or Oklahoma… I bet they have dudes with lassos that run’em down and tie’em up in no time, then drag them off the field by their feet.

12. Aileen
    May 17, 2011 2:11 pm

Bluzdude –

In Texas, if you run on a football field, I think that’s when the 2nd Amendment prevails and NRA takes over.

13. bluzdude
    May 17, 2011 3:56 pm

Hah! I was going to go there and say something about a gunfight at the OK Corral, but thought better of it. I wouldn’t want Ted Nugent or the ghost of Charlton Heston coming after me.

14. mmppgh
    May 19, 2011 8:12 am

So, like my son, I’m presuming your nephew is also looking forward to the upcoming Lego convention? (Who knew there was such a thing?) God help me that he doesn’t bankrupt us that weekend.