Weather rant, the second.

This is a loaded screencap right here.

This wetter-than-normal weather is going to “stay wet.”

Not only is it going to stay wet, it is going to “get worse.”

It has been raining since February, so I assume “get worse” means I should start writing some awesome ark jokes like “OMG, I LOST ONE OF THE DINGOES!”, but I’m not clicking on the link because what if I do and “get worse” means “summer is hereby canceled?”

And why do they have the May precipitation chart going all the way back to 18freaking37. Is this “get worse” weather going to be so historically bad that they need to go that far back to find the last time that much rain fell in May in Pittsburgh?

Yeah, I’m whining. But I can’t help it. One sunny day out of the week is three sunny days too few for May.

I mean, sure there’s a bright side. My grass is super freaking green. My sidewalks are super freaking clean. No sense in washing my car when I have nature’s car wash showering it down five freaking times a week. It’s not snow. Any weak spots in the roof become super freaking evident. I haven’t had to scoop poop. I … I …

Ah, hell. I’m going to click the link.

[click]

It’s raining, it’s pouring, and it’s never going to end.

At least not until July.

[blink]

[blink]

[blinkblinkblink]

[BLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL]

OMG, YOU GUYS, I LOST ONE OF THE DINGOES! WATCH YOUR BABIES!

1. Leenyburgh
    May 17, 2011 3:56 pm

I just saw 2 mallard ducks in my neighbor’s yard… I should mention I live nowhere near water.

2. red pen mama
    May 17, 2011 4:06 pm

I have, this past spring, said/commented/blogged that don’t complain about the weather.

Eff that noise. I’m complaining. I would like to actually formally lodge a complaint with Mother Nature or God or Gaia or the National Weather Service — whomever! — about this weather. It is too wet, it is too cold, and my kids and I are going stir crazy. If my 6yo daughter’s soccer association makes* me haul my 4yo and my baby to another freaking game at the swamp they are calling a soccer field, especially if it’s effing raining, I’m going to lodge a formal complaint with them, too.

(*I know, they aren’t holding a gun to my head or anything, but we made a commitment and paid the $$, blah blah blah)

And there is no telling where I’m lodging these complaints either. Any nook or cranny I can reach, people. Any nook or cranny.

3. Erin
    May 17, 2011 4:07 pm

$100 admission for a family of four, two of whom can’t ride anything because they’re ushering the offspring around Kiddieland, yet are forced to buy ride-all-day tickets? I’m not smiling when it starts raining, Jeff Filicko, I can tell you that much.

4. Justin
    May 17, 2011 4:27 pm

Please no ark jokes. I can’t take anymore!

5. Burgh Bird
    May 17, 2011 5:20 pm

The summer of 1990, I had just graduated high school and had my first paying job- minimum wage selling Hawaiian Shaved Ice, alternating between the Whitehall Plaza parking lot and Brentwood Pool. It rained so much in June that my bosses were losing all their money on my pithy wages and ice that never got used- we were shut down by July 4th weekend. There endeth my first job. This forecast reminds me of that summer.

This makes me sad because I lost my job at the end of April, and get severance till the end of June- I was looking forward to spending the next 2 months on my front porch in the sun and poolside. Pfffft. God says “I mock you humans when you make plans such as these”.

6. Butcher's Dog
    May 17, 2011 5:23 pm

Well, at least we won’t have to hear the word “drought” for a while. Like, maybe, 2012 at the earliest. It’s something.

7. Scott
    May 17, 2011 5:34 pm

Red pen mama, I’m with you. I generally love weather…all weather. I feel that it is among the biggest wastes of time you can find to complain about it. But…enough.

This is depressing. It is the same day after day. Constantly raining. Always gray. I’m over it. I shouldn’t be fighting off Seasonal Affective Disorder symptoms in friggin’ May.

Adding insult to injury, we live on top of one of the highest hills in the county, with a western view. Many evenings this spring, the sun will suddenly peek out as it sets to the west…giving us like 4 minutes of sunshine after a long, overcast rainy day. Gee…thanks.

I’m officially complaining…

8. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    May 17, 2011 7:04 pm

After three and half years spent living in Portland, OR where it basically rains from late October until the first week in June, I no longer let long stretches of rain in the Spring bother me. Daily rain in the Fall and Winter accompanied with temps in the 40s is worse (in my opinion) because the dampness and coldness sinks into your bones. I still laugh at the memory of co-workers running outside one day when the sun peaked out for ten minutes for the first time in weeks. This too shall pass.

May 18, 2011 1:28 am

Quitcherbitchin’

Anyone with any sense knows the world is ending on the 21st anyway.

And if it doesn’t, y’all will be praying for rain in August, mark my words, children.

10. AngryMongo
    May 18, 2011 7:26 am

It’s always rainy in Pittsburgh…

That should be a show.

11. Lisa
    May 18, 2011 7:31 am

I can hear my grass growing…….

12. red pen mama
    May 18, 2011 1:02 pm

@ex-pat pittsburgh girl, I had a friend who moved from Pittsburgh to Portland OR. He called me one night, and without even saying hello, said, “It’s been raining for 22 days straight. Not sprinkling. Not misting. RAINING.” So, yes, perspective is worth having.

13. Butcher's Dog
    May 18, 2011 1:14 pm

@bucdaddy #9: I thought it was December 21. And in 2012. Are you using the Mayan Calendar end-of-days or is there an updated version somewhere in West-By-God? Just curious.