What we’re up against

This is the story all about how a pigeon didn’t get run over by a bus.

YouTube Preview Image

What stands out to normal people?

Wow! Lucky pigeon!

Wow! Great driver to so narrowly miss the pigeon!

What stands out to me?

THE PIGEON DIDN’T EVEN BLINK.

The most terrifying enemy is the enemy that is utterly fearless in the face of imminent death.

The pigeons have evolved.

I bet this has something to do with the rapture being tomorrow.

(h/t @D_Timko and Todd)

1. bluzdude
    May 20, 2011 11:12 am

Title of that video should have been “Wasted Opportunity.”

That pigeon looks like one that would see a falcon diving at him and wait until the last moment before stepping aside, so the falcon smashes into the ground like Wile E Coyote.

May 20, 2011 1:42 pm

Gin,

I told you the Magic Pigeon story. I bet that’s him. Looks just like him.

Also, didn’t you have an experience like that on a bus once? Where you and the driver marveled at how the pigeon he drove over remained uncrushed? I seem to recall …

3. Chris
    May 20, 2011 1:44 pm

My husband is going to be super-pissed if the Rapture happens tomorrow…his birthday is on Monday…”and my father says I can have anything I want and I want YOUR bike PeeWee…”

May 20, 2011 1:50 pm

Chris, Mine too. Wish him a happy birthday for me.

5. Chris
    May 20, 2011 2:03 pm

Bucdaddy – a Happy Birthday to you as well!!

6. jennviolet
    May 20, 2011 7:01 pm

My life got flipped turned upside down, now I’d like to take a minute just sit right there I’ll tell ya how I became the prince of Bell Air

7. kelli
    May 21, 2011 9:17 am

I haven’t commented in ages, but seeing that Monday is Bucdaddy’s birthday is Monday is enough to get me to jump in again:*

Happy Birthday, Bucdaddy!

My birthday is actually today. I’ve been telling everyone this whole Rapture thing is a big misunderstanding. I said we were going to party like there is no tomorrow and a bunch of jackwagons just took it the wrong way.

*Bucdaddy, you may not remember me but you are one of my favorite commentors, just based on your excellent taste in music.

8. aunt_chilada
    May 21, 2011 11:04 am

After Y2K never happened, I don’t believe any of it anymore.

Suicidal Pigeons is what this has all led up too? When the pigeons throw in the towel I guess that is portent of something,Not really sure what that is but I’m sure there’s a double meaning.

May 21, 2011 1:01 pm

*blush* Aw, gee, thanks, Kelli!

*shuffles feet awkwardly …”

Hey! Now that you mention my alleged good taste in music, this would be an excellent day to bust this out:

Who else is still here?

10. cmd_45
    May 21, 2011 2:09 pm

A pigeon playing chicken with a bus. Pigeon wins. Yuck.