1. “Dear extreme couponers, the only thing you need 93 jars of is Nutella,” will be the fourth chapter in my forthcoming book, I Have My Deepest Thoughts While Licking the Inside of the Nutella Jar.
Have you watched that show on TLC?! One woman bought 93 bags of croutons. Another had an enormous stash of cat treats and SHE DOESN’T EVEN HAVE A CAT!
What the effie?!
2. Have you lived? No, you haven’t. You haven’t lived until you’ve seen KDKA’s Jim Lokay running in slow motion while wearing a sumo suit for the KISS Morning Freakshow’s Slow Motion Mondays. I don’t want to give the ending away, but, BOOM!
I’d pay a cash dollar bill to see Wendy Bell do this.
3. I have never wanted a tattoo until this post put the idea of a Calvin and Hobbes tattoo into my brain: 21 Super Fun Calvin and Hobbes Tattoos!
I love slide #10 and I want to know what’s tattooed on her other foot.
4. The celeb news sites are doing a good job of keeping tabs on Emma Watson while she’s in town filming The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
- They’ve got her taking a walk with a co-star.
- Going to a local gym.
- Hanging out in a bookstore.
- Signing autographs for fans.
Gosh darn whippersnappers! Where’s John Malkovich FOR THE LOVE OF OLDSTERS!?
5. The Trib has some awesome pictures of what the inside of the Civic Arena looks like now. Kind of eerie.
6. Speaking of the arena, the family that bought the Pontiac Silverdome says they have a “special” idea to save the arena, even though they haven’t ever visited it or Pittsburgh.
Color me skeptical.
7. This the final year for the Kevin Gatons Memorial 5K Run and Walk on May 30 (my birthday, which is hereby canceled on account of I’m getting older), which raises funds for two scholarships given in his name. Kevin was an avid runner and the track coach at Greensburg Salem who died while running in 2006, leaving behind his wife and three young children.
Kevin’s wife remains an avid runner, recently finishing ninth in the marathon.
Help make the final year of the race a big success!
8. Last night was Glitzburgh’s fashion show fundraiser at Whim benefiting Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh and seen walking the runway were two Official Smoking Hot Burghers, Gina Cerilli and Elena LaQuatra. Gina tweeted this picture of the two of them with James Harrison while wearing his Super Bowl rings.
It’s nice how he trusts them not to run off with the rings because if that was me borrowing that bling? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing!
It’s a bird. It’s a plane. It’s a THIEF IN HEELS!
9. Burgher Sonni Abatta (I don’t care if she doesn’t live here anymore; she’s still a Burgher) got married last week!
Check her out in her wedding dress. We always knew she’d be a stunning bride.
10. Finally, Mike Rupp easily is one of the funniest pro athletes I follow on Twitter. Saturday, he tweeted his rapture outfit. Just in case.:
So funny, I forgive the hat, you traitor.
Let’s go, Bucs!