Hines with an S

Last night was the finals of Dancing with the Stars featuring Hines Ward and partner Kym Johnson taking on some chick named Something Something and Kirstie Alley.

I didn’t watch the show live, but caught up this morning and found both dances highly entertaining.

Here’s the quickstep video. Love how downright giddy he gets at 2:18.

YouTube Preview Image

And here’s the freestyle. S for Steeler? S for Super? S for shake what your mama gave you ’cause the rules don’t apply anymore?

Bonus: Michael Jacksonesque crotch-grab at 2:50.

Jerome and Franco and Lynn at 3:15.

Terrible Towels all over the damn place.

YouTube Preview Image

I’m pretty sure Hines has this in the bag because 1. He’s got Steeler Nation on his side, 2. I don’t see Kirstie Alley having a strong enough fan base, and 3. No one on the planet has ever heard of Something Something.

Right?

1. Kim Z.
    May 24, 2011 12:44 pm

Something something was on the Jonas Brother’s TV show, so I’m sure she has a fan base. Luckily,none of them are allowed to stay up past 8 PM and watch DWTS.

2. Joe K.
    May 24, 2011 12:51 pm

The problem with Something Something is she’s so damn cute, has done well, and might get a lot of votes from the anti-football crowd (yes there is such a thing).

Kirstie has to be a distant third, one would think. Her scores have never been as high as the other two.

I think overall the judges have seemed to like Hines better and that bodes well. His freestyle last night was better because it had some thought into it, while Something Something’s just seemed like booty-shaking at the nightclub (until the lighted hands & shoes thing, which was admittedly pretty cool.)

I never watched Dancing with The Stars before and had no idea how involved it was.

3. AngryMongo
    May 24, 2011 1:10 pm

Something Something is a severe threat because she represents all the young, social media/texting saavy voters who can manipulate the scoring.

May 24, 2011 1:32 pm

“I don’t see Kirstie Alley having a strong enough fan base.”

I notice you didn’t use “big enough” for Kirstie, so you’re being kind. But FWIW, Mrs. Daddy made a point I hadn’t thought of, which I extrapolated to this: Steelers Nation may number in the millions, but in America fat chicks number in the tens of millions.

Hines doesn’t stand a chance.

5. Stephen
    May 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Never underestimate the power of the Scientologists. Finding a snake in your mailbox is a pretty solid vote-convincer.

6. George
    May 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Chelsea is going to win.. :)

7. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    May 24, 2011 3:32 pm

I think it will come down to Kirstie and Hines. The Scientology community, plus Kirstie already had a huge following from her tv days can’t be discounted. It should come down to Hines and Chelsie because they’ve been the most consistent dancers. If it’s Kirstie and Hines for the final dance, then I believe Hines will win. If it is Hines and Chelsie, I think it’s anyone’s game.

8. Kristin
    May 24, 2011 4:06 pm

@bucdaddy This fat chick voted for Hines from 3 phones and 2 email accounts…just sayin’

9. Julie
    May 24, 2011 4:39 pm

I’m with you, Kristin, this fat chick used two phones and four email accounts.

Nice bucdaddy….I kinda liked you before this.

10. Shelly
    May 24, 2011 4:59 pm

I’m convinced Hines will win because of Steeler nation and because he’s good! I do think, however, that Kirstie will get votes because it’s impressive that she’s doing what she’s doing at her age. I had no idea she was 60. I think she looks great and shows that age is just a number.

11. empirechick
    May 24, 2011 5:41 pm

I voted for Kirstie all the way, and I’m not a fat chick. Her cha cha the first week blew me away, especially given her weight and age. Hines is half her age and in world class athlete shape – not that those things mean you can dance, but they certainly were in his favor.

Hines was great and probably deserves to win, (Chelsea is good, but Mark’s choreography hurts her, I think), but I tend to side with the underdog.

And I don’t care who their fan base is, Chelsea and Kirstie didn’t have round the clock local news coverage reminding people to vote. Thank god that’s almost over. Now we can get back to ‘real’ news – like Ben’s upcoming wedding. \sarcasm

12. LisaB
    May 24, 2011 7:38 pm

Kirstie, though a lunatic Scientologist, is AMAZING for a 60-year-old fat chick! Hell, I’m a 52-year-old fat chick and I now have a new hero. However, she drives me crazy the way she always looks at the floor when she dances.

Something something annoys the crap out of me. She makes too many stupid faces when she dances. And her little partner needs a good b*itch-slapping. I’d be happy to take care of that for him. That said, the lighted-shoe thing was cool – too bad hers didn’t work. Why weren’t they penalized a point or two for that? It’s the same as a misstep.

Hines is The Man.

13. VAgirl
    May 24, 2011 9:44 pm

Disney girl is what we call her and she is a threat as mentioned above. Love hate relationship with Kirstey. Love her spirit, hate her sometimes whiney voice. Hines all the way. Chelsea and Kirstie are entertainers. Hines just kicks butt with a smile

14. gunnlino
    May 24, 2011 11:11 pm

Are we going to have a parade ?

May 24, 2011 11:43 pm

Just tellin’ y’all what Mrs. Daddy told me.

Julie,

“Kinda”?

16. Julie
    May 25, 2011 9:31 am

I was being coy, I actually do enjoy your posts. I had been reading a lot of Kirstie bashing before I came here…so it was a little raw.

Don’t blame it on the wifey, tho…. ;)

May 25, 2011 10:02 am

That’s better. Thanks.

For the record, Mrs. Daddy doesn’t like Kirstie much either, something about her being kinda loopy or something I don’t quite get. I say, girl can still move it for being what, 60?

18. Aileen
    May 25, 2011 1:18 pm

@gunnlino

I think the parade will run through the Cultural District.

I’m looking at Hines’ mom last night, wondering if she’s thinking “Is this is a GREAT country or what?”

19. Julie
    May 25, 2011 4:12 pm

@bucdaddy – yeah, she’s a little on the flaky side, and she has a mouth like a fifth grader!! I watched a bit of her reality show when it was on and she’s loopy to say the least.

I just admired the hell out of her for taking the challenge at age 60 and being overweight and out of shape.

On another note, and not directed at you, I don’t understand why its still okay to be so mean to fat people.

Walk a mile in someone’s shoes and all that….

20. Molly
    May 25, 2011 8:55 pm

Something Something is Chelsea Staub and/or Kane, who was on the Jonas Brothers TV show.
    She had all of the teeny boppers voting for her