Random n’at

1. Yesterday I saw this car in the lot my husband parks in near Market Square:

That one in the lower corner says, “Will work for Bryan Adams tickets.”

And you guys thought I was the biggest Bryan Adams fan in the city.

Dying to know whose car this is.

Also, who knew there were that many styles of Bryan Adams bumper stickers?!

2.  Dear local fire departments, I am looking at you, using two fingers to point at my eyeballs and then I’m whipping that around to point at your eyeballs.

This kid needs your help to fulfill a sick kids wish and all you gotta do is mail him one of your patches. DO IT.

3. Fayette County … REPRESENT.

Also, why do some men do this? Do they think they’re going to whip it out and women will just not be able to control themselves?

Gold star to the commenter who said, “He was just trying to give them some special sauce.”

Update: NEW representation from Fayette County! ICE CREAM TRUCK WARS.

4. Lots of WTAE links in this Random n’at. This is the saddest, most ironic headline I’ve read in a while.

5. Someone is stealing Lukey’s $1,000 Taking Care of Bizznass trash cans.

40 of them have been stolen. That’s $40,000. I just did math.

City Public Works Director Rob Kaczorowski said the steel cans are missing from all over the city, many from bus shelters no longer in use. A worker discovered a can was missing in March. An inventory determined 39 were gone, Kaczorowski said.

“Most were in isolated locations … where there’s not a lot of pedestrian traffic,” Kaczorowski said.

First, this is why you don’t spend 1,000 freaking dollars on trash cans.

Second, Lukey, why are you putting $1,000 trash cans in isolated places like bus shelters that are no longer in use? Places that barely see any pedestrian traffic adorned with $1,000 trashcans?!

Throw a $100 trash can there for the love of responsible spending.

6. Hee.

It’s funny, ’cause it’s true.

(h/t Cindy)

7. The post below this one is a ticket giveaway for the Pittsburgh Magazine Best Restaurants party. WOO!

8. City Council has added to the 311 line, this time creating a line just for residents to report annoying noises.

I’m not even making that shit up.

A Pittsburgh City Council task force today announced the creation of a “noise line” to gather public input about aggravating sounds across the city.

Residents may phone or text noise pollution concerns to (412) 223-7620.

There is so much hilarious potential for abuse of this phone number I can’t even stand it.

“Hello? Yeah, the Mayor is on my radio.”

“There’s a toothless yinzer being interviewed on the five o’clock news.”

“ANGRY BABY FALCONS.”

“I’m calling to report that these trash cans make a HELL OF A SOUND when I roll them away.”

1. toni
    May 27, 2011 11:25 am

You beat me to it, Ginny. Most annoying noise I’m reporting is every time his honor Lukey opens his mouth.

2. inBrookline
    May 27, 2011 11:58 am

I was behind the Bryan Adams mobile in traffic one time.

It is quickly becoming the “running lady” of automobiles.

3. Jenny
    May 27, 2011 12:03 pm

Yes, Fayette County, way to represent….ugh.

4. The Right Honorable Member for, The Very Reverend Mother Her Duchal Serene Highness, Dr. Hortense Sussudio Fuckerfaster said
    May 27, 2011 12:26 pm

hi noise line?

me: some one is blasting bryan adams “heaven”. no wonder all the strippers in town changed their names to nevaeh.

response: now, now, the canadian government has apologized for bryan adams on several occasions/

May 27, 2011 12:35 pm

The hell is a “crash reduction event”?

Doesn’t matter. I’ll be at every car dealer’s “tent event” anyway.

Unless there’s a weather event. Then I’ll just stay home and watch some TV series’ premier event. Maybe have a dinner event and then a beer event. Hell, make it two beer events.

Followed by a sex event and then a sleep event. Tomorrow I hope to have a wakeup event, but at my age (I just had a birthday event), you never know.

6. AngryMongo
    May 27, 2011 12:48 pm

Proud to be a Fayette-Nam survivor. At least no ninjas were involved.

That was the shopping center we all cruised at, growing up. Think American Graffiti with red necks.

Just don’t ever ask what they used to do in the cooler in the Connellsville Arby’s. You’d never eat R-BQ, again.

7. Moxie Bestos
    May 27, 2011 12:52 pm

I sent the article about Wyatt and his patch collecting to my father-in-law, who has hundreds — HUNDREDS — of fire department patches. (On our honeymoon, my husband and I stopped at the Venice, Italy fire department and got one of their patches. They have fire boats, not fire trucks.) My father-in-law has a stash of extra patches that he uses to trade for new ones; I’m hoping he has a handful to send to this little boy.

8. Clair
    May 27, 2011 12:53 pm

WTH is up with Uniontown and Fayette County? Do I need to go rescue my daughter from its clutches?!?! lol (she works at Nemacolin and shops, etc in Uniontown, the closest place to do so. Ack!!)

9. Joe K.
    May 27, 2011 12:55 pm

I saw Bryan Adams in December, it was a great show. Didn’t get any bumper stickers though.

May 27, 2011 12:56 pm

Mongo,

I might have some idea. Way way back when I was in high school, I was a manager for the football team, loading gear onto a truck for away games and such. We had a game in Uniontown after which Jimbo the truck driver told us he’d gone to the concession stand to get a hot dog and noticed the kid working the stand was … how do I put this … fingering his girlfriend. Jimbo said when he asked for a hot dog, the kid took THAT HAND and reached into the hot dog pile and …

“Don’t ever eat a hot dog in Uniontown,” Jimbo said.

So … that kid grew up to be an Arby’s manager? Sounds about right.

11. Cassie
    May 27, 2011 1:52 pm

I sent that link about the little boy to my friend who’s a firefighter in Sharpsburg. I’m sure they’ll do something for him, too.

12. gunnlino
    May 27, 2011 1:52 pm

Suddenly someone notices some expensive trash can missing . My question is did these ” missing ” trash cans ever exist in the first place ?
    I’m thinking Western PA style of doing business ie; someone works for the City is connected to someone who makes trash cans , orders 500 cans takes delivery of 350 and divides the vig . Done deal !
    Hummm…. I smell something and it ain’t trash .

13. Janelle
    May 27, 2011 2:17 pm

Fayette County’s been all about the bizarre sexual harassment lately. Everything from a homeless man shouting at women to that guy who called 911 almost 500 times and now this. We’ll have another one by July, I’m sure.

14. AngryMongo
    May 27, 2011 2:33 pm

bucdaddy – That story is only cool if your the Arby’s worker. LOL.

BTW, what school and what year…? if ya don’t mind me asking.

15. AngryMongo
    May 27, 2011 2:33 pm

err, concession stand worker… lunch coma is creeping in.

16. Bram R
    May 27, 2011 3:09 pm

There’s a loooong Facebook thread on the “noise line”. Just so everyone notices, the line is open for 6 weeks to accept INPUT on the city’s forthcoming noise and noise-enforcement POLICIES. It’s not a bat-phone we’ll be calling with noise-related emergencies.

If that car is parked near Market Square, I’m thinking it’s Ginnybait. Your husband should have checked if it was full of Nutella and under a net.

17. Ali
    May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Ginnybait… oh my. That was effing great.

18. Diane
    May 27, 2011 9:07 pm

They found the cans…
    We can all rest knowing this criminal is off the streets of Pittsburgh…

May 27, 2011 9:49 pm

Canon-McMillan, ’75.

20. AngryMongo
    May 27, 2011 10:50 pm

Ahh, yeah, well that was an important year in my life. LOL. 18 years later, I graduated from C’ville.

21. MattDC
    May 29, 2011 11:48 am

Note to Fayette County: If you want to impress a lady with your manly attributes, exposing yourself IN A FREEZER might be counter-productive.

May 29, 2011 9:52 pm

MattDG@21

That’s what I thought. Major shrinkage.

23. maybe not
    May 30, 2011 12:09 pm

Happy Birthday to us! Hope yours is fun!