1. Today’s posting will likely just be this Random n’at, because I’ll be spending this hazy, hot, and humid day at Kennywood trying to ward off heat stroke and the resulting hallucinations. “Do my eyes deceive me or is that a 13-year-old girl wearing a bra top, tiny shorts and four-inch high sandals?”
Seriously, you guys, who lets their kids leave the house like that?
2. News quote of the year so far, right here:
“I could’ve died yesterday when it was on the news,” she said.” Unless he’s grunting and texting on the front porch, how can you know?”
The things people will say to the media.
3. Let’s see, a few weeks ago there was the Franklin middle-schoolers who put pins and needles (ACTUAL pins and needles) in their classmates’ cupcakes. Then there was the kindergartner who gave out bags of heroin to his classmates. Now there are the two Ambridge students who beat the snot out of a younger student, injuring him badly, recorded it, and put it on YouTube.
At what point is moving to farm country in the middle of Podunk, USA and homeschooling my kids not an overreaction to this bullshit?
4. Pittsburgh is the 13th most well-read city in the nation, according to Amazon.com.
Smarts. We haz ’em.
5. If you’re a meter parker in the City of Pittsburgh, better start saving your dollah dollah coins!
In the city’s downtown, meter prices will rise to $3 an hour, up from $2.In the South Side, Strip District and Oakland, the hourly rate will double to $1.
What might be a bigger change for some people is the fact that meters will now stay active until 10 p.m. Current enforcement stops at 6 p.m.
Dear City Council, I am not liking that new 10:00 p.m. thing at all because it is seriously going to hurt downtown eateries who use the after 6:00 p.m. free meters as a lure to get diners to visit for the dinner hour, which is already slower than the suburbs and the South Side.
This is going to make things even harder for us downtown restaurant owners, thankyouverymuch.
Way to be dedicated to a vibrant downtown after working hours.
And now, here’s a frowny face. :(
6. Dear residents, this is just one of the many reasons why you shouldn’t open a fire hydrant. Buy a hose.
7. All kinds of celeb news sites covered the fact that Emma Watson wore a pink sports bra to work-out in Pittsburgh. But the one you want to read is The Superficial’s account because they somehow managed to work “Ben Roethlisberger” and “rape mask” into theirs.
It will never end. Ever.
8. Dear God, has EVERYONE GONE MAD!?
Police in Westmoreland County are looking for the driver of a Prius who attacked a motorcycle driver with a metal pipe while he was driving down the road.
There goes my belief that only tree-hugging peace-lovers drive Priuses. Apparently angry assholes do too.
It’s not enough the he ran the motorcycle off of the road; it takes a special kind of angry to whip out a metal pipe and start beating the rider too.
9. Troysus went to the Indy 500 and well, let’s just look at his beautiful face and enhance our calms:
That’s the face of calm. The face of peace. The face of a man who will never whip out a metal pipe and beat you about the head with it.