Yinz Yang

Directly below this post is a kickass video from 1,2,3 called Work that showcases the awesome “workiness,” if I may, of Pittsburgh.

Directly below this line is a video that popped up on People of Walmart, Melody Joy/Mechanical Animal. Filmed in and around Pittsburgh. And in Walmart.

YouTube Preview Image

I guess it has a very Lady Gaga feel to it and to each his or her own.

But I gotta tell you that the parts filmed in Walmart?

HOW CAN YOU NOT LAUGH AT THAT?!

I hope that’s what the artist was going for, humor, otherwise, I’m going to feel very bad about all the pointing and laughing I just did.

If it makes the artist feel any better, I often point and laugh at Lady Gaga too.

Also, the stunned faces at 1:27 made my whole week.

(h/t Jenny)

1. Ry Co 40
    June 6, 2011 10:24 am

so, suge knight is a walmart greeter these days??? hahaha

2. spoon
    June 6, 2011 10:33 am

I love that the one old WalMart employee is taking pictures of it.

June 6, 2011 11:06 am

Annnnd now I have a pounding headache (and I didn’t even make it past 2:00). Some nice racks on display there, and I ain’t talking about the Walmart shelves, but all in all that was awful.

4. Monty
    June 6, 2011 11:32 am

I sure hope my daughter stays in this Justin Bieber phase.

Also, I know it’s been 65 years, but isn’t it still to soon for Nazi salute imagery in pop culture?

5. Kristy
    June 6, 2011 12:53 pm

This isn’t a “verified” twitter to my knowledge…but I’m not sure it *needs* verified.

and point and laugh – hard not to! :)

6. Jake
    June 6, 2011 12:58 pm

Oy.

As a former minion of the Walmart empire I have to say I’m surprised they didn’t move faster to have her removed. Back when I was a drone there was a very strict no camera/video policy which was enforced with draconian tenacity. It’s hard to patrol for people taking random snapshots with their cell phones, but a woman taking up the central aisle and dancing for 5 minutes or so?

7. Carol
    June 6, 2011 1:14 pm

I got thru the video the same way I watch Lady Gaga…I close my eyes and listen to the music. It’s catchy. lol

8. rickh
    June 6, 2011 1:53 pm

It is catchy, in an 80’s kinda way. Reminds me of Siouxsie and the Banshees.

9. Cassie
    June 6, 2011 2:34 pm

Hot boobs. My ears are bleeding, though.

10. AmyLa
    June 6, 2011 3:53 pm

Looks like the Walmart in Heidelburg. There’s some “good” people watching there…

11. Magnus Patris
    June 6, 2011 4:28 pm

This is why I only let my almost 8-year old to listen to The Who, The Clash, The Jam, Donnie Iris… you know GOOD music.

12. cmd_45
    June 6, 2011 6:55 pm

ugh.

13. LisaB
    June 6, 2011 11:45 pm

This reminded me of the Bangles updated with Gaga’s freaky styles…maybe Lady Gaga is Susanna Hoffs’ secret love child.

14. The Right Honorable Member for, The Very Reverend Mother Her Duchal Serene Highness, Dr. Hortense Sussudio Fuckerfaster said
    June 7, 2011 12:02 am

the music is alright, it crosses into genres i am not familiar with, so its hard for me to understand why they had the persistent annoying feedbackish buzz, or to know what good, bad or interesting is in that genre, so…

but visually, i wish pittsburgh were normally cool enough to support such a thing, also boobies.

15. Jenny
    June 7, 2011 9:59 am

Glad you enjoyed this as much as I did! Although, I’ll admit that I watched it on mute…