1. “A spoonful of Nutella helps the Nutella go down,” will be the fifth chapter in my forthcoming book I Have My Deepest Thoughts While Licking the Inside of the Nutella Jar.
Pre-order now at all the fake book webstores!
2. Someone needs to tell these people that there is another choice between kill or keep. It’s not often that I read an article that makes me choke down bile. This one did it.
God bless all you parents out there trying to conceive.
3. The Wall Street Journal brands Pittsburgh as the Steal City and it’s not because we’re a city of thieves!
Pittsburgh, once written off as a dying steel town, has turned into one of the most resilient office-rental markets in the U.S., prompting a flurry of building sales as some longtime owners take profits.
It’s a good look at the good and bad in Pittsburgh right now, and as always, I find that the good in Pittsburgh always outweighs the bad.
4. I have been asked not to write about Those Who We Shall Not Discuss until they are above … you know, now that they’re once again at … you know … the first time they’ve been there this late in the season since 1999. 12 years.
Apparently some of you think I’m a curse.
Kiss my grits, n’at, but I shall test out your theory and shut up until … you know.
Can I at least just warn you that space on my bandwagon is filling up fast? I only have room for like two more saucy wenches and three more drunk yinzers.
Let’s go, … you know!
5. Things I tried at McDonalds!
Rolo McFlurry: Meh.
Frozen Strawberry Lemonade: Meh.
Sad panda. Happy cottage cheese butt.
6. I saw a sign that Englebert Humperdinck would be performing in Greensburg and I was all, “You mean like from The Princess Bride?!”
7. The Pirates Charities are raising money for Prader-Willi Syndrome, the disease Clint Hurdle’s young daughter suffers. Pledge per wins and if you pledge enough, receive autographed gifts by players and/or coaches.
8. The New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys are in town for their concert and one Jonathan Knight is certainly enjoying himself:
Don’t ask me to explain the Pitt vs. Burgh line. I think he’s on drugs or something. Or really really stupid.
I fully expect his next tweet to be, “Crazy tall skinny chick chasing me down on foot. Send help.”
9. The Golden Ticket Raffle benefiting Junior Achievement is back and woo-wee. Lookit the prize:
* full season of Pittsburgh Steelers games (if there is a season)
* full season of Pittsburgh Penguins games
* full season of Pitt Panthers Football games
* full season of Pitt Panthers Men’s Basketball games
* full season of Duquesne Men’s Basketball games
* full season of Penn State Football home games (4 tickets)
* tickets to the 2nd and 3rd round NCAA Division I 2012 Men’s Basketball Tournament games at CONSOL Energy Center
Tickets are $50 here, each with four chances to win! Scroll down and click on the Golden Ticket logo.
10. If you’re not reading the comments from The Duke of Fug’s minions over at this post, you’re missing out. So much awesome as they defend his doughy flesh, call out my cottage cheese ass (‘allo, Gov’nah! I’m not a professional athlete. Take my shot, bitch.), and defy us to play football with a broken foot and nose. They forgot to mention his ouchie thumb.
Also, shout out to the guys on the thread just aghast that we women would dare make a comment about Ben’s fleshy physical fitness.
Oh, come cry to me when Christina Aguilera or any female celebrity not a size zero isn’t considered a giant fat ass and then we’ll talk. He’s a professional athlete. His physical form is fair game, I think.
11. Finally, a new post up at Pittsburgh Magazine, this one checking in on the status of those New Year’s resolutions I made in January.
I’ve knocked a few off the list. Failed at others thus far. Drank lots of tequila. Hate boats.