A lifetime commitment to the Beard

There are honestly only two things I can imagine having tattooed on my body because I know I’ll love them forever.

The Pittsburgh skyline.

Calvin and Hobbes.

This dude featured on Deadspin went and declared his love for the Steelers and Brett Keisel in a big, possibly someday regretful way:

It seems a bit … much.

But it’s certainly not the most ridiculous Steelers tattoo we’ve ever seen. Remember this one?

Someday a little kid is going to accidentally see that image skewed and stretched out on his grandma’s butt and ask, “Is that the Kraken?”

(h/t Charles)

1. Pa-pop
    June 16, 2011 1:59 pm

What the hell, why not go the distance and put Aaron Smith on the other arm and Casey Hampton – appropriately – all around the naval? Then maybe he could become a badass rapper called D-line Black N. Gold.

2. Mark Hudson
    June 16, 2011 2:16 pm

or, as Robin Williams once said that the tattos women get on their lower backs look cute now but when they’re 60 it’ll look like an octopus chasing a starfish. …

3. Heather Freeman
    June 16, 2011 2:41 pm

I walked into a poker room in Seattle once wearing a Steelers shirt and was promptly accosted by a guy who insisted on showing me every single one of his five Steelers tattoos, including the logo inside his lower lip. I’m just glad none of them involved him dropping his pants, because I’m pretty sure he would have done so.

I smiled politely and backed away slowly. I love my team, and I love tattoos, but there is such a thing as taste and moderation….

4. JennyMoon
    June 16, 2011 5:04 pm

THE CURSE IS BROKEN! You talked about the Pirates and they still won! Yippeee!

5. WIMom
    June 16, 2011 6:42 pm

I have to admit- I just don’t understand tattoos- don’t find them attractive in the least and on older people- eeewwwww. And being a nurse, I have seen alot of them on ALL types of people and believe me, the older you get, the worse they look.

June 17, 2011 11:56 am

get well soon, virginia. I’m going to miss not being able to put brand-new swipes to the succos on here for a while. :-(

7. elysianfantasy
    June 17, 2011 12:05 pm

Feel better soon, Virginia! I hope they find out what’s going on. Not knowing is sometimes the worst part. :( For your sake, I hope The Team Who Shall Not Be Named somehow manages to keep their head above water and not suck too badly in your absence. :)

8. bluzdude
    June 17, 2011 2:07 pm

Hope you feel better soon, Ginny.

Oh my… how long have the Buccos been doing noticably better? About 3 weeks? What if their improvement somehow causes a disturbance in the fabric of space/time that is only perceptable by those with hearing disabilities? Maybe what you’re hearing is the death-rattle of our very world and the only cure is for the Buccos to succo again…

It can be a very cruel world indeed…

9. Bluetail
    June 17, 2011 3:21 pm

All the very best to you while you get to the bottom of your medical problems; you have a widespread legion of very loyal minions sending healing vibes your way!

10. Toadsly
    June 17, 2011 7:08 pm

Get well quickly!

Godspeed!

11. George H
    June 18, 2011 10:03 pm

Sweet V….Hope you feel better soon. Sorry to hear that you are down. You have the prayers of thousands for here. Please let us know if you need anything!