How NOT to tee off

Dear Larry Foote,

This is the standard correct position for completing a swing in golf:

UR DOING IT WRONG.

(AP Photo/Lon Horwedel)

I suck at golf at but not even MY follow-through looks like I’m attempting to successfully land a triple axle.

I assume this shot sliced so badly the ball became a boomerang and shot him in his butt.

Science.

1. Bram R
    July 29, 2011 6:33 pm

Either that or he’ll hook it into the sand trap that is pictured behind him. Yikes.

(Then again a buddy of mine used to give a running start to the tee for “big shots”. This was pre-Happy Gilmore. It succeeded often enough to take some skins.)

2. Dan
    July 29, 2011 8:42 pm

Crud … With that bad of a swing I’m losing my excuses to avoid playing in the office annual event. I’m too old to take up golf dang it. Get your pathetic swing off the course fool. Pretty please?!

3. Bojack
    July 29, 2011 8:53 pm

Miissed you!

4. Sherry
    July 30, 2011 1:02 am

Just wanting to say I’m SOOooooo glad you’re back. Glad you’re well. Glad I can get my nightly dose of kids-are-in-bed-time-to-check-That’s-Church laughter and Pitt-fix. LOVE it!!!

5. bluzdude
    July 30, 2011 10:17 am

I can’t criticize… the way I swing, what I do on a golf course is more like gardening than golfing, considering the amount of soil I displace.

July 30, 2011 12:54 pm

Where ya been, B-jack? Haven’t heard anybody complain about the missing $20 mil in AGES. I almost miss that.

7. Butcher's Dog
    July 30, 2011 1:49 pm

What bucdaddy said.

8. Butcher's Dog
    July 30, 2011 1:50 pm

Or, to quote that seminal work of American cinema Blues Brothers…”We’re gettin’ the band back together. We’re on a mission from God.”

That’s a big welcome back to Ginny, btw.

9. Bojack
    July 31, 2011 8:46 am

@BucDaddy- Let’s see, on probation many times, banned at least twice, good lectures several times, I’m a work in progress, . kinda like YOUR Pirates! :-)

BTW, I’m officially ON the bandwagon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God bless you Ginny! ((((hugs))))

10. Bojack
    July 31, 2011 9:06 am

OK guys, since Ginny’s still on sabbatical: http://twitpic.com/5yt8ji

:-)

11. Bojack
    July 31, 2011 9:09 am

@BucDad- it was $12 million :-)

July 31, 2011 4:37 pm

A million here, a million there …

July 31, 2011 4:38 pm

There’s gotta be $8 million interest by now, right? How long’s it been?

Unless Lukey invested it all in News Corp.

14. Bo_jack
    August 1, 2011 3:02 am

@BucDadaddy- After many hours therapy I think I’m past the G20 $12 million, however, I do have a current beef with MLB umpiring!! :-)

August 1, 2011 9:42 am

I’m all argued out about that.

Suffice to say I’ve looked at video of that play from every angle and have yet to see the tag so many people tell me is “obvious.” It’s obvious due to the consequent fallout and mea culpas that there was a tag in there SOMEwhere, but it’s certainly not obvious at all from the available video. So I’m not saying there wasn’t a tag. I’m saying no one could possibly point to a still or video and say “There it is.” Which hardly qualifies it as the Worst. Call. Ever, which some people have tried to convince me it is.

16. AngryMongo
    August 1, 2011 11:37 am

Can’t be as bad as Sir Charles’

It’s like his swing starts buffering half way through.