Gothamburgh Tattoo!

As we’ve previously discussed, I waver between “I would NEVER put a tattoo on my body” to “Man, I would so put a Calvin and Hobbes tattoo on my body.”

Reader Angela got a very cool tattoo and wrote me about it:

Just wanted to share. Got this last month. I’ve loved Batman (even w/ the crappy Kilmer and Clooney tries) for just about ever and when it came to the Burgh, commemoration was needed. It’s the inside of my left ankle.

Look, the black and gold batsignal!

[swishes cape and runs off in dramatic fashion]

[kicks the dead horse on the way out]

1. Carbolic
    August 9, 2011 4:40 pm

Good thing for Angela that the Mellon Arena isn’t in her skyline.

And here’s one: http://carbolicsmoke.com/2011/08/09/hollywood-on-the-mon/

2. Dan (Not Onorato)
    August 10, 2011 10:06 am

Said it before and Ill say it again….tattoos were hawt 15 years ago when not many girls had them…nowadays…MEH

3. O
    August 10, 2011 11:26 am

The skyline doesn’t correct, does it? No US Steel (UPMC) building?

August 10, 2011 11:49 am

That will look so cool with age spots.

5. TripleC
    August 10, 2011 1:07 pm

Whew….now I don’t feel so bad about my ‘Striking Distance’ tattoo I got back in the day.

6. Cnik
    August 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Wow, you can’t even see the ‘Fish that saved Pittsburgh’ tattoo that it covered

August 10, 2011 5:19 pm

I’ma gonna say “no”.

of course, if it were a tramp stamp….

8. Guins29
    August 10, 2011 10:16 pm

Luckily for those “ever so critical” folks out there, you’re not the one with the tattoo, huh? I’ve learned in my years of having them (first one when I was 18…at 12 total now) that those who don’t “get it” aren’t really worth listening to when they critique yours. If a tattoo makes someone happy, it makes someone happy, what’s your problem? If they liked it enough to ink it to their body, they’ll prob still like it when they’re a senile old coot. For all you know this girl is brilliant and has a PhD.

And no “O” it “doesn’t” correct. The skyline was an artistic rendition and is not either perfect or to scale. It had to fit the area.

Oh yeah, and re: the owner of said tattoo, she’s done with all her PhD coursework, has a 3.9 GPA, and takes comp exams next month. Perhaps her dissertation should focus on tattoo acceptance in the educational community, as she’s also a successful secondary teacher w/ 9 years experience.

=)