Today’s Top Stories … and a ball-less dog.

Let’s recap the important news shall we?

• The stock market took a nose dive, pulled up, took another nose dive, my mother checked the retirement fund and puked, and then the market pulled up again and everyone puked from motion sickness.
  • London is burning.
  • The Pirates finally won (more on that later).

And thanks to KDKA news, we know this important news story!

A newly neutered dog ran away from the vet. And they found him. The end.

Whew.

If you feel you need to know more, you can go watch the video and you can actually watch the owner’s boyfriend, who couldn’t be bothered to put a shirt on for the news camera, searching for the dog.

P.S.My childhood dog ran away, got run over by a truck and DIED. Why wasn’t I on the news? That’s tragic.

P. P. S. Pretty sure the standard reaction to having one’s genitals removed is to run away from home.

1. The owner
    August 9, 2011 6:26 pm

Though I agree the story was not news worthy what so ever, what kind of vets office looses a dog for 4 hrs on a main road? Or for that matter has no where to safely walk dogs that are in their care? And next time i’ll make sure my boyfriend stops searching for the dog to go put a shirt on when the news cameras just drive up. But nice blog and I would have run too!

2. Magnus Patris
    August 9, 2011 7:18 pm

I think if I was a super hero my heroic shout would be “Pup pup! Ziggy!”© “Up up and away!” has already been taken.

3. Sam's Dog
    August 9, 2011 10:43 pm

That dog needs to toughen up. I got, well, not exactly neutered, but sorta, and I went home and sat around with an ice pack. Today’s dogs are wimps.

August 10, 2011 12:15 am

Nope, still here.

Good thing I had the spare.

5. Lauren
    August 10, 2011 12:33 am

My childhood dog got ran over by the mail truck in my driveway. She didn’t even run away… Not only should the news have shown up, but I also should’ve gotten some sort of settlement ala Sandcastle.

6. AngryMongo
    August 10, 2011 10:44 am

Ginny, I think WTAE owes you a pizza, retroactively.

7. VAgirl
    August 10, 2011 4:02 pm

I just got new pup and had him neutered. Three days later he made a break for it but my son and I chased him several blocks. We had shirts on but my son had no shoes and I had my bedroom slippers. On top of that I slipped, fell and bruised a rib. My new pup, Roki (sounds like rocky) looks like Ziggy but is a schnorky.

August 10, 2011 5:15 pm

interesting that “The owner” ran right over to “that’s church” and posted the first entry.

and, hey….no shirt, no service.

August 10, 2011 5:16 pm

a schnorky?

10. The owner
    August 10, 2011 6:04 pm

Not sure why thats so interesting when the link was connected to kdka and because i read the blog? O well Ziggy showed us! Ziggy is also a mix but i dunno with what. A schnorky? A schnauzer/yorkie?

11. VAgirl
    August 11, 2011 6:02 pm

Schnorky = Schnauzer and Yorkshire Terrier but now is the ball-less wonderdog.