1. A conversation with my four-year-old daughter, who has been playing this little game with me for a month now:
“What are you doing, Mommy?”
“You know. Cooking.”
“You know. When you make food hot.”
“You know, not cold.”
“You know, not hot.”
“What’s hot– HEY!”
2. Remind me to tell you about my son ordering at Las Velas this weekend and telling the waitress he wanted “chicken [fingerquotes] quesadillas [/fingerquotes].”
UR DOING IT WRONG.
3. At the Jeep festival!
Man. I oughta get Daniel Sepulveda airbrushed on the side of my mom-dorkmobile.
Lukey is right now having that same thought about Christopher Nolan and the Hizzonermobile.
4. My family and I happened upon Batman filming downtown on Saturday after lunch at Las Velas and watched as they filmed an amazing chase scene with an SUV, a military-type vehicle, and an enormous flying beetle which I now know is the Batwing or the Batplane.
Unfortunately, the Batplane suffered an accident when it rammed into a streetlight yesterday.
This goes without saying, but Batman is a terrible pilot. My god. Maybe he shouldn’t wear a mask while flying.
5. I’m still raising funds for Genre’s Kids with Cancer for the walk I’ll be participating in this Saturday morning. As you can see, we’re only 700 away from the goal of what I hoped we would donate to Genre and the kids with cancer at Children’s Hospital. More later on that, but for now, if you have a few dollars to spare, I will hug you so hard you’ll lose weight. And don’t forget to register for free at ScoreBig to funnel that additional dollar to Genre’s fund.
6. If you are a fan of East Liberty and my God, who isn’t, here’s a new site for you! Discover East Liberty!
7. An actual quote from my sister Tina Fey, who is visiting from Texas, to my sister Pens Fan, who is nursing her baby, “Oh, just come to Trader Joes with us. It’s filled with granola people who won’t care if you whip your boob out.”
8. Speaking of boobs.
Me: “Tina Fey and I saw the Batplane being filmed today. The kids were loving it.”
Cousin: “Did you see anyone famous?”
Tina Fey: “Christian Bale. He told me he loves me.”
Me: “She showed him her boobs.”
Tina Fey: “He liked them.”
We are the queens of making shit up.
9. Inside the dark, seedy underbelly of the Dark Knight Rises paparazzi. Not really.
Absolutely hilarious that the PAs were told to stand in front of him. Next time they should hold him by his forehead and say, “Try to punch me. Missed me. Missed me.”
There is even a picture of the command center that was set up in the Wyndham to project the lasers from.
(Sentences ending in prepositions are where it’s at.)
There were so many great pictures the film office sent me, like these (click each photo to see the hi-res kick you in the heart pics):
This one from Lightwave International:
These from George Thomas Mendel and clicking will give you MUCHO EMBIGGENED HIGH RES.
This just in. Mucho Embiggened would be a great Latin boyband name.