Fareal!

Fareal sounds like the first name of the guy in India who calls himself John and who helps you fix your computer issue.

1. If you want to know what fareal really is, just click here to be buzzed over to my latest post at Pittsburgh Magazine where I pick apart the twitter accounts of ten current Steelers from Hines Ward to William Gay.

Yes, William Gay is still a Steeler and still, this is honestly the only word that I think of when I see his profile picture, poppin’.

Did I use that right?

Man, I need more street cred. Where can I get some of that? Wexford?

A snippet:

Where else can 9 million people read that Kim Kardashian has psoriasis in the shape of a heart? Or that she is going to the spa or the gym or the spa and the gym?

Or how about this nugget of wisdom from Kim? “Have u ever thought someone was kinda cool, liked their vibe then saw their tweets and realized they are so lame? LOL.”

[blink]

No, Kim, I have no idea what that’s like. [unfollow]

2. I was asked to write the back page for the latest Pittsburgh Magazine City Guide and you can read that here. It’s about how I might not actually know everything I think I do about our fair city. A snippet:

Priding myself as the Supreme Knower of All Things Pittsburgh (ooh, I like that better. That’s what my business card should say), I said that she must mean the “Vatican Splendors” exhibit, which ended long ago. I assured her there was no bible museum in Pittsburgh—or my name wasn’t PittGirl, Most Royal High Supreme Knower of All Things Pittsburgh (even better!).

[runs to check the current business card promotions at Zazzle.com]

1. Scott
    August 22, 2011 5:52 pm

I still cannot fathom the fact that Kim Kardashian launched to fame via a sex tape that features her being urinated on by a D-list rapper. I’m sure her money-grubbing mother is so proud.

2. Monty
    August 22, 2011 6:36 pm

Scott — you’re going to have to eat those words if you get stung by a jellyfish at Vanilla Ice’s beach house.

3. Scott
    August 22, 2011 7:38 pm

Monty, I would happily do so if I am ever so lucky.

4. AngryMongo
    August 23, 2011 8:16 am

Some celebrity blog site was nice enough to pass along a video, wishing Kim and her hubby all the best… interspersed with her getting the business by said D-list rapper LOL.

August 23, 2011 9:38 am

Scott,

I still can’t fathom the fact Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian launched to fame by being the sisters of someone who got whizzed on by a D-list rapper.

That nugget of inspiration from Kim immediately reminded me of this one.:

“Just because something’s cool doesn’t mean something else doesn’t suck.”

— Butthead

Mental giants, the both of them.

OH, BTW, I think somehow they all got famous by having a dad who helped one of the most notorious murderers of the 20th century avoid life in prison. Momentarily.

6. Butcher's Dog
    August 23, 2011 10:56 am

If bucdaddy’s last observation is accurate, that means they automatically have more going for them than, say, Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton. As always, just sayin’.

7. empirechick
    August 23, 2011 11:19 am

Come on, now – let’s give some credit where it’s due: Herbie the Love Bug and Freaky Friday were WAY better than Kim Kardashian’s big screen performance.

8. empirechick
    August 23, 2011 11:20 am

Paris Hilton, however – meh.

9. AngryMongo
    August 23, 2011 2:22 pm

@bucdaddy. For about three seconds I kept trying to figure out how Bruce Jenner helped someone avoid prison…

how bad is that?