Only in Pittsburgh …

… is it considered news that the Steelers DIDN’T feel something.

But this begs the question, DID THE PIRATES FEEL IT?!

Why isn’t the local media chasing down THAT story?

P.S. Watch this video.

My favorite part is the lady on the right’s face and then how she grabs onto the guy next to her.

My next favorite part is the two ladies that jump off the stage and run hand-in-hand for the exit all, “We got to bounce!”

The third favorite part is the dude on the left who then follows the two ladies while looking fully prepared to pull a George Costanza if need be.

My fourth favorite part is the people who stick around watching all the people run out. And how they laugh.

1. facie
    August 24, 2011 9:48 am

I did not feel the earthquake because apparently the ground I walk on is scared, according to Burgh Baby (via FB). But I like to think had I felt it, I would not have grabbed someone else and ran out the door and would have instead been one of the ones laughing.

Yeah, probably not.

2. Burgh Bird
    August 24, 2011 10:32 am

My favorite part is the woman, maybe off camera, who we can hear reassuring everyone….”calm down, calm down”….That would be me…..People here were all a bit too bajigitty. Of course, this is coming from me, who would like my honeymoon trip one day to be one of those Stormchaser trips in Kansas..

3. TripleC
    August 24, 2011 10:48 am

The Steelers probably just figured Casey fell off the training table again!

4. Margaret
    August 24, 2011 11:12 am

@facie – what do you mean the ground you walk on is “scared”? What is it scared of?

The two ladies holding hands and running for their lives are absolutely hilarious! Why on Earth were people so panicked? I, too, would have been telling everyone to just calm down.

I felt the quake here in Virginia Beach – I was home sick and my house just started swaying and it lasted no more than 5 seconds. At first I thought my cold meds had made me woozy, but then I realized it must be somthing else. Freaky!

5. facie
    August 24, 2011 11:21 am

Crap, I meant sacred. Stupid typo! But it is possible the ground is scared of me. I don’t exactly walk lightly.

Before yesterday I had no idea what to do in case of an earthquake, mostly because I had no reason to think about it. I have since learned that running away/outside is not the best reaction. Holding hands may be okay, though.

6. Pa-pop
    August 24, 2011 11:53 am

Mmm…two women holding hands and running…hawt.

7. Rachel
    August 24, 2011 12:14 pm

At first I though one of my co-workers was trying to startle my by shaking my chair (which happens fairly often) Then I thought the person across my me was rattling the cube walls to get my attention (since I can be quite oblivious sometimes) then I noticed everyone standing around looking like “WTF” – We were not evacuated, nor was there even an annoucement made. Meanwhile, if there is a building in Pittsburgh that is not earthquake proof, it’s mine that is mostly glass and made mostly of recycled material

8. Carpetbagger
    August 24, 2011 12:35 pm

Pittsburgh will rebuild!!!

9. bluzdude
    August 24, 2011 1:22 pm

The hand-holding women were probably heading for the restroom. They have to go in pairs, you know. It’s the law.

10. burgerlicious
    August 24, 2011 2:25 pm

Where was tornado boy during this latest act of God? We need his reaction STAT.

11. Zach
    August 24, 2011 2:34 pm

Watch that video from the Atlanta TV station without the sound on, and pretent someone said “EVERYONE! On “3,” Do you your best meercat impression… 1… 2… 3…”

12. Virginia
    August 24, 2011 2:40 pm

Zach WINS.

13. Zach
    August 24, 2011 2:57 pm

why, thank you Ginny! Also… I promise I actually know how to spell “pretend”. I just don’t know how to proof-read.

14. spoon
    August 24, 2011 3:47 pm

dude ready to speak looked like the mayor from Spin City

15. Kathy
    August 25, 2011 10:38 am

my favorite is the woman in the white and blue jacket that is just sitting and hanging out, wondering what all the commotion is about. I guess they must tell her to leave because she’s getting up and gathering her things in the last few seconds. She’s probably visiting from the Bay Area. :)