On the catwalk. On the catwalk.

My September column is up on the Pittsburgh Magazine site, this one about how Pittsburgh was named the third worst dressed city in all of America by GQ.

First, a look at the brilliant illustration by Patrick Neil.

WORK IT. I bet Lady Ga-Ga tries to steal this look.

A snippet:

At work, you should only wear your jersey or black-and-gold gear on game days or Fridays before game days. Wearing your vintage Franco Harris jersey to meet the new CEO on a random Tuesday in April is a fashion no-no on par with wearing nothing but glitter and a fedora to court. Unless the CEO is Franco Harris—in which case, score!

I’d like to work for Franco Harris. FREE SUPER DOUGHNUTS!

Go have a read.

1. Erin
    August 29, 2011 11:13 am

You should totally get bangs – cute!

2. G-Man
    August 29, 2011 11:55 am

Based on Sunday night’s MTV VMA awards show, you will need to dress like a boy with Grease-like hair and long sideburns if you want to be like Lady Gaga. I mean, what was that thing all about?

3. Butcher's Dog
    August 29, 2011 12:26 pm

@G-Man: for that matter, what is Lady Gaga about ever? That stuff has a following and teachers are supposed to produce improved test scores? Someone out there ain’t payin’ attention.

August 29, 2011 1:43 pm

*bangs gavel*

Court is now in session.

I, the honorable Bucdaddy, do hereby issue a subpoena for Virginia Montanez. The bailiff and the sheriff and the U.S. Marshals Service and the FBI and the CIA and Star Fleet are hereby authorized and ordered to bring her in by any means necessary, and to make certain she is improperly attired. This court will remain in session as long as necessary.

*Twiddles gavel, awaits glitter-and-fedora awesomeness*

5. AngryMongo
    August 29, 2011 2:09 pm

@G-Man
    My first thought was…
    Wow, Joe Jonas has a heroin problem.

My second thought was…
    Wow, Ralph Macchio gained weight around the chest.

My third thought was…
    Wow, Labyrinth is on FlixE. (Click)

– David Bowie pulls off drag better than Gaga.

6. Cassie
    August 29, 2011 2:50 pm

“…And Penguins games.”

THANK YOU. Big pet peeve.

7. PG Wodehouse
    August 29, 2011 3:08 pm

Shake your little tush on the catwalk.

8. Burgh Bird
    August 29, 2011 10:37 pm

“Or, if I’m feeling fancy- Marshall’s”
    GUFFAW!!!!
    Of all my shoes (and there are many) the ones I get the most compliments are the ones I found on Marshall’s clearance rack.