The State of the Bandwagon: Poop.

Look. I’m not saying I’ve got my lighter out or anything, I’m just saying you might want to start practicing your tuck and roll maneuvers because this free-fall they’re in right now is seriously making me also consider writing them a poop-smeared letter.

That’s all.

1. mfj
    August 31, 2011 9:45 am

To my great surprise, I am still on the bandwagon. Numbers don’t lie: At this point in the 2010 season, the Pirates were (no exaggeration) 375 games below .500, and were (again, no exaggeration) more than 5,200 games out of first place. So, to quote Joey “The Lips” Fagan from The Commitments: it’s a start. And I believe in starts.

August 31, 2011 9:47 am

We know.

Believe me, we know.

3. Pittsburgh Tom
    August 31, 2011 10:54 am

I’m still on the bandwagon, but with the price of my current seat going up 100%, I’m likely going to less games next year.

4. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    August 31, 2011 11:21 am

I’ll never leave the Pirates. Even with the price increase, my season seats are still cheaper than they were when PNC Park first opened and my seats at Three Rivers.

5. Paul
    August 31, 2011 11:26 am

I had to jump of the bandwagon a while ago, for my own sanity. Just when they had won me back too. I just get too frustrated and angry. Not a good way to live life or to feel about something I have no control over.

6. Pittsburgh Tom
    August 31, 2011 11:56 am

I’m permanently on the bandwagon. Watching Pirates games on tv was my main link to Pittsburgh during summers when I lived in New Jersey.
    They improved this year over last. Even their August swoon wasn’t as bad as last year (at least that’s the way it seems too me). Next year will be better than this year.
    I’ll probably get season tickets again next year. Funny thing about the price increase is that, although my current seat price will double, I might be able to get an arguably better seat at the same price as I paid this year.

August 31, 2011 12:25 pm

they’re still…..

….nah, why kick ’em when they’re down?

8. Butcher's Dog
    August 31, 2011 12:59 pm

Well, they’re better. So keeping your seat on the bandwagon insures you a spot next year. They have more guys who can actually play, more pitchers who can actually pitch, and they’re better in the field. They’ve poured money into the draft, getting some surprises to sign. And ya gotta admit, there were times this summer when watching them was fun as hell.

9. Paul
    August 31, 2011 1:02 pm

Been waiting for next year for 19 years. Wake me up when it’s next year.

10. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    August 31, 2011 1:16 pm

Even when it was painful to watch this year, it was infinitely more enjoyable than the last couple of seasons. For most of us, this summer showed us that our faith isn’t misplaced. I’ll be there next year. I just can’t quit this team. Will be in Chicago this weekend and Pittsburgh for the remaining weekend series. Plus, it appears that my seats aren’t increasing in price. Bonus!