Troysus in Samoa

Troysus visited Samoa and well, just go watch the video and see the pictures over at ESPN Magazine.

Things to notice: Troy can dance. Troy cries. Troy has a beautiful family.

Troy is shirtless.

Amen.

(h/t Don)

1. NicoleinTallahassee
    September 7, 2011 2:27 pm

The full spread is ESPN magazine is good – there’s a full page of him shirtless, in the water, holding both his babies – so precious! I loved the article!

2. gunnlino
    September 7, 2011 3:20 pm

A nice write up on a good man with a true heart .

3. aunt_chilada
    September 7, 2011 5:42 pm

Love Samoa, My favorite Samoan quote came after a luau. A samoan football player said ” We Samoans don’t stop eating because we are full, we stop eating cause we get tired of eating”.

Took me awhile to learn to pronounce Samoa correctly. It isn’t Sam-oa it is more like Saw-moa. (Troy says it correctly).

Wonderful generous culture, lovely lovely people.

September 7, 2011 6:59 pm

of course, troy says it correctly. he’s saw-mo-an, right?

but, ha….I stop eating because I am tired as well. perhaps I too am saw-mo-an n’don’t know it yet.

5. Trish
    September 7, 2011 9:34 pm

Dear Ben Roethlisberger:

Emulate this REAL man, you douchebag.

Love,
    Me

(runs to put on Troysus jersey)

6. tokenintexas
    September 7, 2011 9:48 pm

amen.

7. PA Girl in VA
    September 7, 2011 9:52 pm

OK, I love me some Troysus but I don’t get two things:

1. In all his life, Troy has only been to Samaoa one other time. He was born in CA and raised in OR. I’m not sure why he is treated like such a king by the Samoans. Sure, his family is Samoan but there are other NFL players who were actually raised there. I am not, however, denying this man’s right to explore his heritage. It’s just that he’s not really FROM Samoa.

2. What’s up with this quote: “A few women even tried to make out with me,” he says, laughing. “If you fight it, it will be like a confrontation, so you kind of give in — to a point.” What the hell does Mrs. Troysus think about THAT? That knocked a little bit of the sparkle of his crown for me.

All hail Troysus!

8. Burgh Bird
    September 7, 2011 10:33 pm

The hair-net wearing Troysus in the video only convinces me of one thing. HOT even if he were bald. Thankyouverymuch.

9. Butcher's Dog
    September 8, 2011 10:32 am

Estrogen cloud thickens. Film at 11.