Here’s your sign

Two neighbors in Shaler, one a male and one a female, are having a property dispute and they have resorted to a sign war.

I haven’t read anything about the dispute. All I know is … BEST SIGN WAR EVER!

Why do people put “This means you!” on NO TRESPASSING signs? Who are the doofi that come upon a no trespassing sign and say, “Clearly they don’t mean me. If they did, it would say, ‘THIS MEANS YOU.'”

What’s a Paul Bunyan Wana Bee? Do they hurt? Do they have tiny axes for stingers? Ouch.  I think maybe I need a “No Paul Bunyan Wana Bees Allowed” sign on my property too. I hope Paul Bunyan Wana Bees can read.

LOOK AT ALL THE SIGNS!

I hope there’s a yo mama sign in there somewhere.

Or at least a “That’s what she said” one.

Clearly these two need to just go ahead and have sex already.

1. SpudMom
    September 14, 2011 3:45 pm

So did she cut down perfectly healthy trees or was there a reason she cut them down other than “I have a pool and I want sun?”

‘Cause if she did it because the trees were diseased, she did the guy a favor.

2. Pensgirl
    September 14, 2011 5:09 pm

If she really has been taking care of the hillside for three decades, it’s possible the ownership has transferred to her. In which case she can just turn the signs around so they face him. Adverse possession FTW!

3. MN
    September 14, 2011 5:11 pm

I think the moral of the story is never “ASSUME” you own that bit of property…you better be checking your legal boundaries before becoming a “PAUL BUNYAN WANNA BEE”! LMAO!

4. Sam's Dog
    September 14, 2011 6:24 pm

@ Pensgirl, do you think she is willing to start paying taxes on the property in question? Yeah, I didn’t think so either. She trespassed, caused property damage, and on the news talks like she’s the injured party – Only in America.

5. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    September 14, 2011 7:28 pm

For adverse possession in PA (if I remember this correctly from law school which was so very long ago) there has to be a legitimate/reasonable unknown owner or potential owner that cannot be easily discovered and you have to make an attempt to discover the true owner. I don ‘t think that would apply in this case because all one would have to do is go to the Recorder of Deeds Office to see the parcel dimensions on the deed. It’s a common law construct in PA as well, and as Sam’s Dog notes, the other neighbor has been paying property taxes on the land.

6. Pa-Pop
    September 14, 2011 9:47 pm

Actually he wanted the trees there because of that one time he caught her skinny-dipping with Babe the Blue Ox. Awkward.

September 14, 2011 11:43 pm

Wana is a town in West Virginia not too far from here. I’m guessing the bees there wear flannel shirts.

And BTW, regular people don’t really “own” land or cars. Just try not paying your property taxes or registration and you’ll see who owns what. Or wake up one day and find a well pad going up on “your” land because you don’t own the mineral rights under it.

Reality is a bitch.

September 15, 2011 12:12 am

signs.

signs.

everywhere a sign.

9. Tony
    September 15, 2011 5:16 am

I live in Shaler and haven’t heard one word about this.

10. Me
    September 15, 2011 6:38 am

While the signs are a bit much, I sympathize with the guy because I had a neighbor who assumed she knew where the property line was, the funny part was it was my land if there were plants needing to be trimmed, hers if not. I finally just paid to have the line marked and put up a fence. The largest one the local code would allow.

11. Pensgirl
    September 15, 2011 10:52 am

For the love of God, I was just making a little generalized law-nerd joke. Don’t actually care whether she would assert or win a real claim. People need to stop being so serious all the time.

12. AiXelsyD13
    September 15, 2011 12:05 pm

Wow. This is awesome. The in-laws live over in Shaler, I’m going to have to go see this for myself.

I kind of wish that Paul Bunyan sign said “aloud” instead of “allowed”.

13. MattDC
    September 15, 2011 1:05 pm

Ginny’s suggestion that they resolve this by just going ahead and having sex is constructive. That assumes he can treat her explicit instructions to “Keep Out” and “Stay Out” as mere suggestions. But her insistance on “No Paul Bunyan Wanabes Allowed” might raise the performance standard too high for him to overcome.

14. Steverino
    September 15, 2011 1:15 pm

Wow, what trailer park is this in?

15. DCinTX
    September 15, 2011 3:39 pm

Good Fences make for good neighbors.