1. Ladies, and some gents, you are going to love me when you get to the end of this post. Don’t applaud. Throw cash.
There’s a nice shot of him dying alive with a sad panda expression.
P.S. This season, please expect several requests from me for Jagr’s balls on a stick.
3. Last night on Hawaii Five O, a counterfeiter used plates stolen from the U.S. Mint to make fake money.
In Fayette County, they use a copier and a GLUE STICK.
While he’s in jail, he’ll probably get a book from the library that explains you can print on BOTH SIDES OF A PIECE OF PAPER and he is going to be all, “WHA?!?”
4. Oh, Myron Cope. I wish you were alive to see what ESPN is doing this to honor the Towel.
Go upload your Towel pics and videos, Burghers, for the new ESPN campaign!
Reader Allison tweeted me this one she submitted.
My heart bursts.
5. Did you know there is a place in Pittsburgh’s West End called Education Partnership where teachers can go to shop for free for supplies for their classrooms?!
EP raises new goods that are donated to schools and teachers, who get to come and shop for free in a store-like atmosphere. Teachers can pick up art supplies, paper, pens, notebooks, incentive items, hand lotion, even furniture for free. This is HUGE for teachers, who typically spend at least $1,200 each year of their own money to supplement classroom supply needs.
How awesome is that?! Check it out, Wendy Bell!
Yes, that’s a new thing. I don’t write “check it out” without also writing “Wendy Bell!” because it makes me giggle.
6. Email from reader Karen:
So, I know that you are a huge fan of Nutella. Just came home to find that Ray, our 70 lb Boxer just ate an entire jar of it, and by that I mean, he “Simonized” it. Not a lick left. I think he’s going to have a rough night. #hazelnutshitstorm
#Hazelnutshitstorm is the greatest hashtag ever.
7. The Riverside Church’s Second Annual Craft Show is coming up on November 5 and they’re looking for crafters to sell their wares. Email rccgirlfriends[at]verizon.net if you’re interested!
8. Vivian has a few new posts up about her trip to Haiti to see the work of Jamie and Ali McMutrie! Check it out, Wendy Bell!
Also, CUTE PICTURE!
9. Reader Alecia sent me this picture.
I don’t even know what to say, except SEXABS.