Random n’at

1. Ladies, and some gents, you are going to love me when you get to the end of this post. Don’t applaud. Throw cash.

2. Jaromir Jagr, Through the Years.

There’s a nice shot of him dying alive with a sad panda expression.

P.S. This season, please expect several requests from me for Jagr’s balls on a stick.

3. Last night on Hawaii Five O, a counterfeiter used plates stolen from the U.S. Mint to make fake money.

In Fayette County, they use a copier and a GLUE STICK.

While he’s in jail, he’ll probably get a book from the library that explains you can print on BOTH SIDES OF A PIECE OF PAPER and he is going to be all, “WHA?!?”

4. Oh, Myron Cope. I wish you were alive to see what ESPN is doing this to honor the Towel.

Go upload your Towel pics and videos, Burghers, for the new ESPN campaign!

Reader Allison tweeted me this one she submitted.

My heart bursts.

5.  Did you know there is a place in Pittsburgh’s West End called Education Partnership where teachers can go to shop for free for supplies for their classrooms?!

EP raises new goods that are donated to schools and teachers, who get to come and shop for free in a store-like atmosphere. Teachers can pick up art supplies, paper, pens, notebooks, incentive items, hand lotion, even furniture for free. This is HUGE for teachers, who typically spend at least $1,200 each year of their own money to supplement classroom supply needs.

How awesome is that?!  Check it out, Wendy Bell!

Yes, that’s a new thing. I don’t write “check it out” without also writing “Wendy Bell!” because it makes me giggle.

6. Email from reader Karen:

So, I know that you are a huge fan of Nutella. Just came home to find that Ray, our 70 lb Boxer just ate an entire jar of it,  and by that I mean, he “Simonized” it. Not a lick left. I think he’s going to have a rough night. #hazelnutshitstorm

#Hazelnutshitstorm is the greatest hashtag ever.

7. The Riverside Church’s Second Annual Craft Show is coming up on November 5 and they’re looking for crafters to sell their wares.  Email rccgirlfriends[at]verizon.net if you’re interested!

8. Vivian has a few new posts up about her trip to Haiti to see the work of Jamie and Ali McMutrie!  Check it out, Wendy Bell!

Also, CUTE PICTURE!

9. Reader Alecia sent me this picture.

I don’t even know what to say, except SEXABS.

1. PK
    September 28, 2011 11:31 am

After seeing that photo of Letang all I can say is “Jaromir who?” I wish I was in the studio when he was shirtless for three hours getting that ink on his arm.

And hey, where exactly is Tangers strolling around with a bunch of other hot, half-naked guys? (I think we can leave Pittsburgh out of the mix.)

2. SpudMom
    September 28, 2011 12:20 pm

#hazelnutshitstorm is indeed the greatest hashtag of all.

3. Butcher's Dog
    September 28, 2011 12:28 pm

Once again the estrogen cloud explodes.

4. Joe K.
    September 28, 2011 12:44 pm

Classic pouty face on Jagr. But I was more interested in the picture of him throwing dirt on the grave. My mother always said she never liked when funeral services stopped having the service at the gravesite, but rather they concluded in the chapel. She said she wanted the finality of seeing the coffin in the ground. Maybe it’s an eastern European thing, she’s Serbian.

And I agree with Butcher’s Dog, you owe the guys some eye candy now.

September 28, 2011 1:09 pm

#hazelnutshitstorm = awesome band name.

6. Kristie
    September 28, 2011 2:35 pm

OMG, I’m dying laughing at #hazelnutshitstorm

7. TripleC
    September 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Yeah the blonde in the last pic appears as if she may be hot, but I’m lost about the ab comment – her shirt is too baggy.

8. MN
    September 28, 2011 8:31 pm

I would like an update on the hazelnutshitstorm, please!
    You know, Letang just doesn’t do it for me…ugh on the tat and sloped shoulders. Give me no tats and broad shoulders any day!

9. B
    September 28, 2011 9:33 pm

That’s his girlfriend in the photo

10. Kathy
    September 29, 2011 10:26 am

Hey Ginny — I am on the Board at Education Partnership…it’s a fantastic organization, and last year they actually donated and delivered a number of beds to kids in the Pittsburgh Public School District who had NO BED TO SLEEP IN. Crazy. I’ll keep you posted on our next event and maybe you can help get the word out.
    Thanks for the shout out!!

P.s.: love the Jagr photo shoot.

11. Tracy
    September 30, 2011 3:38 pm

Unfortunately, Nutella in our house would lead to the hashtag: #hazelnutepipencall911

(All the people baking with Nutella make me so nervous since it just looks like chocolate once baked. #treenutallergysucks