What They’re Really Thinking: Celebrate Good Times Edition

You know it’s a bad game when the opposition has so many sacks, so many knock downs, so many hurries, so many things to be visibly happy about, that they have to invent new ways to celebrate.

After the standard kung fu kick celebrations and ball spiking celebrations and end zone group jump celebrations, they whipped out these bad boys:

Celebrity impressions!

Movie reenactments!

They even managed to get their coach and some of the Steelers to take part in the movie reenactments!

Zombies!

Music!

Mimes!

It got so bad at one point that they became confused as to which celebration they were supposed to be doing:

Poor Benny.

He went from semi-lucid:

To Serene Branson:

To possum:

Awful.

And that’s all we’re going to talk about. I’m not going to go blow-by-blow.

This game sucked on a new level of suck previously undiscovered by scientists with PhDs in Suck. They watched this game and they were all, “EUREKA!”

Fs for everyone! Frowny face brownies made from cow poop for everyone! Stink-eyes for everyone!  Putrid farts in the general direction of everyone!

Except you, Daniel. Let’s hug.

1. SpudMom
    October 3, 2011 11:25 am

I don’t even watch Steelers games and this made me laugh out loud!

BTW, my 2 yr old is speech-delayed and has never seen a football game in his life. When I pulled up this post he said “football player!” Apparently you inspire children to speech.

2. hello haha narf
    October 3, 2011 11:28 am

my monday (or purple!) is better because your blog is in it

3. Rachel
    October 3, 2011 11:30 am

LOL – thanks for the laugh! Much needed after that game (if you can call it that!)

4. kdiddy
    October 3, 2011 11:42 am

Ben appears to be indulging in that inexplicable internet trend, planking. Which is fine…except when you’re playing an NFL game.

5. AngryMongo
    October 3, 2011 11:47 am

Ben – Best planking ever.

October 3, 2011 11:57 am

You had me at the Jerry Meals one.

BTW, everybody just CTFD. Because this:

Sunday, Nov. 13 at Cincinnati
    Sunday, Nov. 20 Bye
    Sunday, Nov. 27* at Kansas City
    Sunday, Dec. 4* CINCINNATI
    Thursday, Dec. 8 CLEVELAND
    Monday, Dec. 19 at San Francisco
    Saturday, Dec. 24* ST. LOUIS
    Sunday, Jan. 1* at Cleveland

SOMEbody has pictures of the schedule-maker in a dress.

Also I just noticed the Steelers don’t play a game on Sunday for a month. God intended pro football to be played on Sunday (and tolerated Roone Arledge’s idea for Monday). Why can’t football (college, too) just pick a day and leave the rest of the week alone?

7. WIMom
    October 3, 2011 12:09 pm

The O-line must be Ben’s final punishment for his last year’s escapades. Really, though, is management doing ANYTHING to help correct this-uh-problem, before Ben gets killed? Also, just imagine what yesterday’s game would have been like if Houston hadn’t self imploded with all those penalties- I mean, they had THREE TDs called back.
    It is going to be a long season……

8. Pensgirl
    October 3, 2011 12:20 pm

I haven’t actually seen much of the games, but based on stats and what I’m hearing from others, I suspect that the O-line trying to play as a unit after a shortened offseason is like a C- student trying to pass a class without the textbook.

9. Joe K.
    October 3, 2011 12:32 pm

I’m with bucdaddy in #6, everyone remain calm. There’s still 12 games left and the mistakes are fixable. Having said that, Ben needs to just throw the damn ball sometimes, he runs into some of these sacks.

I’ve actually come to like Sunday night games, it’s a good close to the weekend. I could do without Thursday night, both pro and college.

10. Dan (Not Onorato)
    October 3, 2011 12:59 pm

@6 Bucdaddy…with all due respect…

In order to get to that point in the season we have to get through Tennessee, Jacksonville, Arizona, NE and the Ravens (again). It’ll be a tough road to get to the 11-13 game with Cincinnati…

Whodathunk…that the Lions would still be undefeated and the Steelers would be tied with the Brownies and the Bungles?

11. LaReina
    October 3, 2011 1:23 pm

The Ravens are going to be tough. They will have Ben for lunch, sauteed with some garlic O-line and topped with crunchy halfback chips.

12. Ginny's Dad
    October 3, 2011 1:56 pm

I know this is trite but, if you can’t run the football and protect the QB, your chances of winning are mighty slim. If Brady or Manning had to play behind our O-line, they would be mediocre at best.

Is it my imagination or has our O-line been injury riddled for at least 4 years? Every team battles with injuries but our O-line seems to have more than it’s share. Are they poorly conditioned or does Tomlin just beat them up during practice?

Unless there is dramatic improvement, my prediction is a 9-7 record and out of the playoffs.

13. TripleC
    October 3, 2011 2:01 pm

Good chance Ben will be dead by the end of the season (playing behin this god awful line). I hope Ashley has all the info pertaining to the life insurance policies.

14. Jill M
    October 3, 2011 3:36 pm

I LOVED the first pic and ESPECIALLY the last one ;)

15. Nick
    October 3, 2011 7:16 pm

Ginny,

Where do you get your photos that your use? I see some here that weren’t on the nfl.com website.

Just wonderin’

Nick Bonnett
    Glen Allen, VA

16. Kayaker
    October 4, 2011 9:51 am

All that fun in the off season is starting to take it’s toll on Benny.

Go Steelers
    Take the Pirates with you.

17. HorseShoeBend
    October 4, 2011 11:46 am

Thinking your bandwagon like for Bucs needs to be modified for steelers. Hop on and ride the ride. Its way too early to write these guys off. Now theyre finally collectively pissed I hear so expect good things against bad teams in coming weeks.

October 4, 2011 2:33 pm

The Steelers used to be good at getting rid of guys a year too early rather than a year too late. When did they stop doing that?

19. YinzerInExile
    October 4, 2011 8:08 pm

@bucdaddy — apparently 2 years ago.

20. Pingback: What I was thinking during the Great Race | kdiddy.org